Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zlatan Ibrahimović 11:52 - Dec 24 with 1881 viewsStokieBlue

I thought he had gone to the US and then basically retired, didn't realise he was back at Milan and actually the top scorer in Serie A with 10 goals in 18 matches at the age of 39!

Impressive stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 11:58 - Dec 24 with 1833 viewsMrTown

One of the best centre forwards of the last 2 decades.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 12:16 - Dec 24 with 1781 viewsBaggio_is_magic

Absolutely unreal wherever he has been, even at Man U his goal return was impressive.
Zlatan Ibrahimović on 13:47 - Dec 24 with 1635 viewsRadlett_blue

He has a remarkable record & at his various clubs he has won 13 league titles. Wonder if anyone can match that?
When he joined Man U I was sceptical that he was there for a late pay cheque, but he scored 28 goals in all competitions that season & helped them win the League Cup & the Europa League.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 13:55 - Dec 24 with 1623 viewsgiant_stow

Wonder how long he can carry on for and whether he'd drop down leagues to keep going (maybe in his mid 40s!)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 14:20 - Dec 24 with 1579 viewsAce_High1

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 13:47 - Dec 24 by Radlett_blue

He has a remarkable record & at his various clubs he has won 13 league titles. Wonder if anyone can match that?
When he joined Man U I was sceptical that he was there for a late pay cheque, but he scored 28 goals in all competitions that season & helped them win the League Cup & the Europa League.

Shame he got that knee injury otherwise he may have had a good 3-4 years at Man Utd and really shown what he still had.
Zlatan Ibrahimović on 14:24 - Dec 24 with 1587 viewsBlueBadger

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 13:55 - Dec 24 by giant_stow

Wonder how long he can carry on for and whether he'd drop down leagues to keep going (maybe in his mid 40s!)

A lot of the top top players seem to be able to go for longer in general in Serie A possibly because it's a lot slower paced and more chess-like - Paolo Maldini went on for ages, as did Del Piero. Closer to home, we also have Teddy Sheringham recently who only dropped out of the top flight aged 41. It's certainly notable that none of these players games revolved around physicality or searing pace(although Zlatan was pretty nippy in his day) as their primary asset to make their mark.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 14:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 20:03 - Dec 24 with 1367 viewstaf123

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 14:24 - Dec 24 by BlueBadger

A lot of the top top players seem to be able to go for longer in general in Serie A possibly because it's a lot slower paced and more chess-like - Paolo Maldini went on for ages, as did Del Piero. Closer to home, we also have Teddy Sheringham recently who only dropped out of the top flight aged 41. It's certainly notable that none of these players games revolved around physicality or searing pace(although Zlatan was pretty nippy in his day) as their primary asset to make their mark.

Unfortunately he has been injured and only played 6 games in Serie A this season, 10 goals... Unbelievable.
Zlatan Ibrahimović on 20:47 - Dec 24 with 1314 viewsMaySixth

Can't stand the bloke.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Login to get fewer ads

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 21:35 - Dec 24 with 1258 viewsTieDyedIn95

I'd take him in League One at 40, then we could play the classic Sunday football classic strategy of just getting the ball to the only guy on your team who can play/score and watch us get promoted with ease.

Get on the phone Marcus, offer him the freedom of the Town, 20% of your company, whatever needs to be done!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 21:55 - Dec 24 with 1234 viewsMrTown

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 14:24 - Dec 24 by BlueBadger

Totti went until he was 41 I believe at Roma as well.

Like you rightly say, especially in recent years, from his PSG days onwards, he’s never had pace, but his goal returns have never wavered with age.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 22:36 - Dec 24 with 1210 viewsBlueBoots

Insane talent...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 22:45 - Dec 24 with 1199 viewsBlueBadger

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 21:35 - Dec 24 by TieDyedIn95

I'd take him in League One at 40, then we could play the classic Sunday football classic strategy of just getting the ball to the only guy on your team who can play/score and watch us get promoted with ease.

Get on the phone Marcus, offer him the freedom of the Town, 20% of your company, whatever needs to be done!

Lambert will only play him out wide in order to accommodate Judge through the middle.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 23:58 - Dec 24 with 1144 viewsstiff_talking

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 22:45 - Dec 24 by BlueBadger

Lambert will only play him out wide in order to accommodate Judge through the middle.

I watched him weekly in LA and he was unreal.

He would point where he wanted the ball and if delivered he would also finish

His hold up play outside the box was a joy to watch. Calm, assured and accurate

Massive player
Zlatan Ibrahimović on 00:37 - Dec 25 with 1117 viewsTieDyedIn95

Zlatan Ibrahimović on 22:45 - Dec 24 by BlueBadger

I am sure he could still score from there in this league. It would be like when we had Gio and he'd literally mug off everyone.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024