Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! 13:26 - Jan 16 with 629 viewsnorth_stand77

Wolves v West Brom game on now and players heads all very close together after the goals.

Is this something that can be controlled ? Will the players be fined as a result?
Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 13:34 - Jan 16 with 597 viewsMercian

I don't know what to think about this policy. On the one hand they have been told not to do it so it should be met with a yellow card. On the other hand if they are at risk of catching Covid on the park they should not be playing in the first place.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 13:35]
Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 13:49 - Jan 16 with 552 views26_Paz

Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 13:34 - Jan 16 by Mercian

I don't know what to think about this policy. On the one hand they have been told not to do it so it should be met with a yellow card. On the other hand if they are at risk of catching Covid on the park they should not be playing in the first place.

Exactly, i just don’t get it. They are all tested twice a week, if they weren’t very sure they didn’t have Covid they wouldn’t be allowed to play so there is absolutely no need for social distancing ...

The Paz Man

Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 13:50 - Jan 16 with 547 viewsJ2BLUE

Wolves started the game with a huddle...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 14:14 - Jan 16 with 510 viewsFixed_It

Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 13:49 - Jan 16 by 26_Paz

Exactly, i just don’t get it. They are all tested twice a week, if they weren’t very sure they didn’t have Covid they wouldn’t be allowed to play so there is absolutely no need for social distancing ...

I think its more about 'setting a good example'. Seems silly to me though.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 14:17 - Jan 16 with 503 viewsnorth_stand77

If they're all going to be fined, it'll be quite lucrative for FA presumably
Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 14:34 - Jan 16 with 485 viewsstonojnr

but ok you saw how Wolves setup for corners though ? that everyone stands up really close to one defender and then breaks when the ball comes in as you cant then react intime to mark them all. but it involved half the team virtually if not actually hugging each other to do it.

how is that any different to the physical contact of a goal celebration ?
Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 14:49 - Jan 16 with 475 viewsnorth_stand77

Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 14:34 - Jan 16 by stonojnr

but ok you saw how Wolves setup for corners though ? that everyone stands up really close to one defender and then breaks when the ball comes in as you cant then react intime to mark them all. but it involved half the team virtually if not actually hugging each other to do it.

how is that any different to the physical contact of a goal celebration ?

I don't disagree with you, football is definitely a 'contact' sport in that regard.

Just wondering how if can possibly be policed?
Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 20:44 - Jan 16 with 423 viewsMercian

Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 14:49 - Jan 16 by north_stand77

I don't disagree with you, football is definitely a 'contact' sport in that regard.

Just wondering how if can possibly be policed?

There is a lot of unintended spit flying around the 6 yard box during a free kick or corner. A striker winded by a big centre-back for instance. I would think it is here where players are most vulnerable.
Login to get fewer ads

Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 22:08 - Jan 16 with 380 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well, the ban on distancing after goal celebrations didn't last long! on 13:34 - Jan 16 by Mercian

It rubbish. They’re just as close during set pieces around the box. I’ve even seen the occasional huddle before a kick of!

As you say, if inherent parts of the game mean they’re not Covid secure they shouldn’t be playing at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024