Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thomas and Harrop 12:49 - Jan 19 with 708 viewshomer_123

Whilst Harrops preferred position is the number 10 role. We don't operate with that formation.

So, do we see these two coming in as our left and right sided attackers?

Does this mean that Judge will be dropped or will Judge end up playing at right back?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Thomas and Harrop on 12:51 - Jan 19 with 686 viewsBeckets

Lambert will probably drop Dozzell and put Judge there.
Thomas and Harrop on 12:52 - Jan 19 with 670 viewshomer_123

Thomas and Harrop on 12:51 - Jan 19 by Beckets

Lambert will probably drop Dozzell and put Judge there.

Balls.

Thomas and Harrop on 12:52 - Jan 19 with 671 viewsHerbivore

Think Judge is earmarked to play the false 9 role again, either that or give him a go in goal with neither Holy nor Cornell having nailed down the number 1 shirt.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thomas and Harrop on 12:58 - Jan 19 with 629 viewstractorboy1978

Apparently Harrop is coming here to play number 10, was pretty much a condition of the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Dozzell ends up being the one making way as discussed in an thread earlier.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 12:59]
Thomas and Harrop on 13:08 - Jan 19 with 572 viewshomer_123

Thomas and Harrop on 12:58 - Jan 19 by tractorboy1978

Apparently Harrop is coming here to play number 10, was pretty much a condition of the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Dozzell ends up being the one making way as discussed in an thread earlier.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 12:59]

Dozzell isn't and doesn't play as a number 10 though.

Thomas and Harrop on 13:08 - Jan 19 with 572 viewshomer_123

Thomas and Harrop on 12:52 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

Think Judge is earmarked to play the false 9 role again, either that or give him a go in goal with neither Holy nor Cornell having nailed down the number 1 shirt.

When you say false, do you mean he's not really footballer?

Thomas and Harrop on 13:08 - Jan 19 with 571 viewsStokieBlue

Thomas and Harrop on 12:52 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

The formation simply has to change. If it doesn't then nothing else will change as we don't have enough options to get it forward quicker from the back.

Perhaps a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond or 4-1-3-2 might work. Either way we have to give Jackson a chance playing off another attacker and I still think we should persist with Dozzell in that deep position but he just needs more options going forward.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thomas and Harrop on 13:10 - Jan 19 with 554 viewsEwan_Oozami

They sound like Savile Row Bespoke Outfitters......

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Thomas and Harrop on 13:11 - Jan 19 with 551 viewshomer_123

Thomas and Harrop on 13:08 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

The formation simply has to change. If it doesn't then nothing else will change as we don't have enough options to get it forward quicker from the back.

Perhaps a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond or 4-1-3-2 might work. Either way we have to give Jackson a chance playing off another attacker and I still think we should persist with Dozzell in that deep position but he just needs more options going forward.

SB

As someone else has just posted though - you can easily see Lambert dropping Dozzer for Judge.

I can also see Lambert persisting with 1 up top - which means Jacksons strengths continue to be under utilised.

Finally, can he change formation and approach though? If he does, how is that going to chime with what's gone before and rhetoric about consistent approaching and Evans wanting a style and formation etc etc?

Thomas and Harrop on 13:13 - Jan 19 with 538 viewsStokieBlue

Thomas and Harrop on 13:11 - Jan 19 by homer_123

As someone else has just posted though - you can easily see Lambert dropping Dozzer for Judge.

I can also see Lambert persisting with 1 up top - which means Jacksons strengths continue to be under utilised.

Finally, can he change formation and approach though? If he does, how is that going to chime with what's gone before and rhetoric about consistent approaching and Evans wanting a style and formation etc etc?

I said it had to happen, not that it would happen.

I don't expect Lambert to change anything and I expect to keep seeing total rubbish dished out on the pitch until promotion is impossible and then he will finally get the sack.

ME is not going to complain if the formation is changed, we play better football and comfortably win matches unless he's a total idiot.

Depressing times.

SB
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 13:14]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thomas and Harrop on 13:16 - Jan 19 with 517 viewshype313

Thomas and Harrop on 13:11 - Jan 19 by homer_123

Lambert is completely lost in himself with formations, adding two more players to the mix will just confuse him even more, you just can't second guess they guy.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Thomas and Harrop on 13:17 - Jan 19 with 514 viewstractorboy1978

Thomas and Harrop on 13:08 - Jan 19 by homer_123

No but you could play a more dynamic midfield 3 with Harrop at the point, Bishop and Downes have the legs to play box to box.
Thomas and Harrop on 13:22 - Jan 19 with 486 viewssuffolkpoker

Surely we will play Dodz deep playing mid, with 2 infront of him which most likely would be Downes and Bish.
Then we would have a front 3 off Norwood at the point and Harrops left and Thomas right.

Which leaves Harrop out of posistion imo. The only other option is he will play as an attacking mid for Bish or Downes.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Thomas and Harrop on 13:35 - Jan 19 with 452 viewsSimonds92

Thomas and Harrop on 13:08 - Jan 19 by homer_123

Personally i would be dropping Judge to accomodate him. He pretty much played the 10 role against Swindon and he goes walkabout every game anyway so your not losing anything in terms of the midfield battle. Downes coming in to the team offers more cover with one of Bishop or Dozzell. Personally think the link play from Bishop and the way he carries the ball has been a huge miss for us the last few weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024