Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abbot Ale kit 22:29 - Feb 11 with 1617 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Great news, the famous cream and black away kit from the mid-90s, one of the best in my opinion, has been remade by the mighty Copa. A thing of beauty.

£42 and as it is a punch kit it is as close to the kit as you could imagine.

Only down side is it brings back memories of Dyer, Petta, Taricco, Scowcroft and Cundy. Depressing when compared with today's outfit.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Abbot Ale kit on 22:30 - Feb 11 with 1586 viewsBluefish

I have the 82 retro kit and it is an awful material that makes me sweat. Are they all like that?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Abbot Ale kit (n/t) on 22:40 - Feb 11 with 1540 viewsghostofescobar

Abbot Ale kit on 22:30 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

I have the 82 retro kit and it is an awful material that makes me sweat. Are they all like that?

GhostOfEscobar

Abbot Ale kit on 22:42 - Feb 11 with 1537 viewsThe_Last_Baron

No.

I have the 2000 play-off shirt which is exactly as it was, it is punch so they could copy it exactly. Get a size up from what you normally wear as it is a tight fit particularly around the shoulders. 2000 kit is probably my favourite Town kit, I actually think some of out punch kits were the best we've had.

I also have the 1989-92 blue umbro and red/black striped umbro and they're great.

I had the 1982 shirt as a lad and it was a sweaty shirt, football shirts were made like that, all polyester.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Abbot Ale kit on 23:11 - Feb 11 with 1457 viewsstonojnr

is it just me though, the sleeves look too short ?

they are like a modern shirt version rather than the touch the elbows over sized 90s style version.
Abbot Ale kit on 23:34 - Feb 11 with 1416 viewsGuthrum

Got me all interested, thinking this was about homebrewing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Abbot Ale kit on 00:55 - Feb 12 with 1347 viewsPinewoodblue

Somewhere have one of the faulty shirts, where they inked in a letter to correct spelling, presumably th8nkinf no one would notice

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Abbot Ale kit on 07:19 - Feb 12 with 1228 viewsEastTownBlue

Abbot Ale kit on 00:55 - Feb 12 by Pinewoodblue

Somewhere have one of the faulty shirts, where they inked in a letter to correct spelling, presumably th8nkinf no one would notice

"Brewed in Bury St Edmonds".
Abbot Ale kit on 07:33 - Feb 12 with 1190 viewschicoazul

That’s the extra Lockdown 3 stone you’re carrying luv.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Abbot Ale kit on 08:10 - Feb 12 with 1135 viewsBluefish

Abbot Ale kit on 07:33 - Feb 12 by chicoazul

That’s the extra Lockdown 3 stone you’re carrying luv.

On a diet now innit. 4th run today

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Abbot Ale kit on 10:06 - Feb 12 with 1030 viewsGlasgowBlue

Abbot Ale kit on 23:11 - Feb 11 by stonojnr

is it just me though, the sleeves look too short ?

they are like a modern shirt version rather than the touch the elbows over sized 90s style version.

The sleeves are wrong. They only have one stripe on each side whereas the original had two.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 10:07]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Abbot Ale kit on 11:36 - Feb 12 with 966 viewssticklegs

I have Copa’s 1978 cup final shirt and it’s 50% cotton 50% poly, so it’s not too bad. Unfortunately most of the others are 100% polyester, so therefore aren’t so pleasant to wear and rather sweaty!
Abbot Ale kit on 11:52 - Feb 12 with 940 viewsHalf_Idiot

I've got one of the original ones! It's one of my favourite shirts a long with the dip dye home shirt and the green away shirt of the same era.

The 90's was definitely the best decade for football shirts!
Abbot Ale kit on 13:55 - Feb 12 with 877 viewsBlueWorldOrder

It is a gorgeous remake - sadly I do want it but I refuse to give the club any money right now as I feel we should all be making a stand against Evans, O'Neill and co. over the Lambert situation and I think if we can keep our pounds in our pockets for the next 3 months we'll force a change.

I also think the two sets of new template kids system is terrible. Ipswich kits used to be really good and unique and you'd look forward to seeing a new one every other year for home, away and the occasional third. Now they release them at silly prices every 9 months, sell fewer than ever and have to put them all on sale. Can't be working out money wise can it?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024