Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Network of clubs - Galatasary links 20:37 - Feb 26 with 1069 viewsstringy

As with other consortiums, chances of multi-continent football network here; could do worse in that case to part-act as somewhere for Galatasary to loan a few up and coming players from time to time (as Chelsea do with that Belgian club)

Galatasary has a huge fan base, would be nice to tap into some of that revenue/support (also their great rivals Fenerbace being 'The Canaries'...)
Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:45 - Feb 26 with 926 viewsMullet

Besiktas are the best team in Istanbul innit. Also really weird as I understand it that Erdogan's team have dropped like a stone after buying the league and still have no fans. Essentially they can't motivate the mercenaries against the domestic competition.

I was wondering earlier given the links to this Danish and American 2nd teams if they would implement a bit of a Brentford model, or one like Watford where players potentially move easier between clubs. That can be effective and limiting though obviously.

Seemingly Nash's contact with Ayr has meant we have a consistent place to send people and it seems more beneficial than GAIS has been I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:47 - Feb 26 with 910 viewsm14_blue

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:45 - Feb 26 by Mullet

Besiktas are the best team in Istanbul innit. Also really weird as I understand it that Erdogan's team have dropped like a stone after buying the league and still have no fans. Essentially they can't motivate the mercenaries against the domestic competition.

I was wondering earlier given the links to this Danish and American 2nd teams if they would implement a bit of a Brentford model, or one like Watford where players potentially move easier between clubs. That can be effective and limiting though obviously.

Seemingly Nash's contact with Ayr has meant we have a consistent place to send people and it seems more beneficial than GAIS has been I guess.

Besiktas are the ONLY team in Istanbul.

Fcuk Erdogan.
Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:50 - Feb 26 with 898 viewsDanTheMan

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think foreign loans would be viable at this level with the with the post-Brexit rule changes.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:50 - Feb 26 with 896 viewsMullet

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:47 - Feb 26 by m14_blue

Fcuk Erdogan.

My mate is half Turkish and despite being from the other end of the country is a United and Galatasary fan. Unfortunately he's really good at fighting and 100kg, so I no longer argue with him about his life choices.

I'm still gutted it was the summer when I went so I could only walk around their stadium (and past Fenerbache's accidentally) and not see a match.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:52 - Feb 26 with 872 viewspointofblue

Limiting but, on the flip side, both Brentford and Watford are in a much better position than we are.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:53 - Feb 26 with 863 viewsSomethingBlue

I gather nothing's ever really materialised from the Phoenix-Galatasaray thing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:55 - Feb 26 with 836 viewsm14_blue

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:50 - Feb 26 by Mullet

My mate is half Turkish and despite being from the other end of the country is a United and Galatasary fan. Unfortunately he's really good at fighting and 100kg, so I no longer argue with him about his life choices.

I'm still gutted it was the summer when I went so I could only walk around their stadium (and past Fenerbache's accidentally) and not see a match.

Unbelievable place to watch football, in the greatest city in the world.
Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:57 - Feb 26 with 818 viewsistanblue

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:47 - Feb 26 by m14_blue

Fcuk Erdogan.

I've already started the ITFC-BeÅŸiktaÅŸ supporters club.
Login to get fewer ads

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:57 - Feb 26 with 810 viewsBryanPlug

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:53 - Feb 26 by SomethingBlue

I gather nothing's ever really materialised from the Phoenix-Galatasaray thing.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:58 - Feb 26 with 789 viewsstringy

yeah delighted to see Erdogan's club crash and burn
Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 22:01 - Feb 26 with 754 viewsstringy

Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 21:50 - Feb 26 by Mullet

spent a bunch of time in Turkey doing research, but because mainly in summer there were never any games on

kinda fancied going to see the local team Konyaspor just to buck the trend of aligning with the big Istanbul teams, but the city's such a grim politically conservative place maybe the fans would have been the same

my Turkish geologist chums are all made Fener fans
Network of clubs - Galatasary links on 22:05 - Feb 26 with 726 viewsistanblue

Unfortunately Turkish football is bankrupt both morally and financially. Beşiktaş were unable to pay players' wages recently, Fenerbahçe had to solicit donations from their own fans to pay for Özil's contract. The emergence of Başakşehir as a governemnt-backed club with no fans has just made things worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024