Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Company Car users 08:59 - Feb 26 with 1072 viewsartsbossbeard

I've recently been told that my car won't be renewed when the current lease is up at the back end of April. Covid rules/clients not wanting visits/etc with the plan to review later this year and reinstate if deemed required.

It actually makes sense to me (and the company) and will, of course, save me a few bob per month/per annum.

Anyone else in the same boat here? I doubt I'm on my own - the downside is that this is a perk that I've had for many years now..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Company Car users on 09:05 - Feb 26 with 1014 viewshomer_123

A few of our London based clients have actively changed their employees contracts to now be 'home workers' full time.

As part of the change, they have increased wages by, at the very least, the commuting cost/ car cost and in some cases have increased salaries by £10k or more.

In short, this saves them an absolute fortune as their offices were coming up for renewal. They've ditched larger offices for much smaller places.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Company Car users on 09:08 - Feb 26 with 983 viewsartsbossbeard

Company Car users on 09:05 - Feb 26 by homer_123

A few of our London based clients have actively changed their employees contracts to now be 'home workers' full time.

As part of the change, they have increased wages by, at the very least, the commuting cost/ car cost and in some cases have increased salaries by £10k or more.

In short, this saves them an absolute fortune as their offices were coming up for renewal. They've ditched larger offices for much smaller places.

Yeah, same, same.

Closing our office has saved the company £4.5k per month. I think I'll wait for us all to be vaccined up before I ask the salary increase..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Company Car users on 09:14 - Feb 26 with 929 viewsBluefish

Bit of a nonsense to potentially reinstate later. The company car is king again now with the tax rates on bev and phev

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Company Car users on 09:17 - Feb 26 with 902 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pogo-Stick-Riders-80lbs-160lbs/dp/B00KPSPG0G/ref=sr_1_1

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Company Car users on 09:20 - Feb 26 with 890 viewsartsbossbeard

Company Car users on 09:14 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

Bit of a nonsense to potentially reinstate later. The company car is king again now with the tax rates on bev and phev

I agree, however, my industry has been particularly hit by covid/lockdowns etc and cost cutting is key to staying in business.

In November, I was told that my dept was being binned off and we'd all be redundant by Jan and then it was realised that 5 of our bigger clients would simply follow where we'd end up.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs stuff presently mixed with playing the long game.

Company Car users on 09:26 - Feb 26 with 843 viewsipswich78

Will you get a payrise to replace the benefit of having a company car? If not, it seems like you've lost out.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Company Car users on 09:31 - Feb 26 with 797 viewsartsbossbeard

Company Car users on 09:26 - Feb 26 by ipswich78

Will you get a payrise to replace the benefit of having a company car? If not, it seems like you've lost out.

See, this is my only issue with it, tbh.

The caveat that they'll potentially reinstate once we're all running free again means that there's a conversation to be had in the future around a payrise to compensate if not.

This has been mooted as a conversation to have in the next 6wks or so.

Company Car users on 09:33 - Feb 26 with 773 viewsLord_Lucan

Company Car users on 09:26 - Feb 26 by ipswich78

I don't think they could pay him any more. He is on an insane wage.

ABB doesn't know the real world.

174% definite info.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Company Car users on 09:34 - Feb 26 with 754 viewshype313

Company Car users on 09:33 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

I don't think they could pay him any more. He is on an insane wage.

ABB doesn't know the real world.

174% definite info.

We'll take that with a pinch of salt then

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Company Car users on 10:23 - Feb 26 with 649 viewsCoco

Company Car users on 09:14 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

you sound like a bev and phev salesman.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Company Car users on 10:29 - Feb 26 with 630 viewsBluefish

Company Car users on 10:23 - Feb 26 by Coco

you sound like a bev and phev salesman.

Well if I offered you an 80 grand car for free would you take it?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024