Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week 12:09 - Mar 11 with 2069 viewschrismakin

Where do we expect him to play

The Nors role. Or out on the right

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:10 - Mar 11 with 2058 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Sent off. Bad attitude, very average League One striker.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:12 - Mar 11 with 2043 viewsArnieM

I can see him playing out wide instead of Bennetts . (well that's where I'd play him)...and Id play Parrott just behind Norwood

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:17 - Mar 11 with 2006 viewschrismakin

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:10 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

Funnily enough we are a league 1 side so that's a good match

And is the bad attitude over 1 red card yeah?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:18 - Mar 11 with 1998 viewschrismakin

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:12 - Mar 11 by ArnieM

I can see him playing out wide instead of Bennetts . (well that's where I'd play him)...and Id play Parrott just behind Norwood

As long as hes not hugging the touchline like he was asked to do under lambert.

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:24 - Mar 11 with 1959 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:17 - Mar 11 by chrismakin

Funnily enough we are a league 1 side so that's a good match

And is the bad attitude over 1 red card yeah?

2 red cards in 7 starts

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:27 - Mar 11 with 1949 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:18 - Mar 11 by chrismakin

He need to be in the Walters role. A good old fashioned inside forward role (whatever one of them was!). Which could work if we are looking to get the ball forward more quickly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:32 - Mar 11 with 1920 viewsWallingford_Boy

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:18 - Mar 11 by chrismakin

hahahaha love comments like that.

I can imagine Lambert's team talk "right Kayden, I want you playing as part of a front three today, and before you ask, no you cannot cut inside, get involved centrally, or get to the byline and cut inwards, you MUST HUG THE TOUCHLINE".

RIP Sir Bobby

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:40 - Mar 11 with 1886 viewsStokieBlue

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:32 - Mar 11 by Wallingford_Boy

I can imagine Lambert's team talk "right Kayden, I want you playing as part of a front three today, and before you ask, no you cannot cut inside, get involved centrally, or get to the byline and cut inwards, you MUST HUG THE TOUCHLINE".

As per previous discussions, why not consider the evidence?

If you look at the heatmaps of both wide players in the games Jackson played there you can see both of them completely hugged the touchline and very rarely moved centrally. Seems unlikely that they would both take it upon themselves to do this unless they were instructed to do so by Lambert.

We all know you don't like Jackson but you've never managed to counter any of the evidence against your assertions. You just ignore them and double-down.

SB
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 12:45]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:40 - Mar 11 with 1885 viewschrismakin

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:24 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

2 red cards in 7 starts

Remind me of the 2nd one.

1 was the awful tackle against sunderland cant remember the first one

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:42 - Mar 11 with 1870 viewschrismakin

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:32 - Mar 11 by Wallingford_Boy

Erm yes it is as simple as being directed to hug the touchline it's well known in the game.

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:46 - Mar 11 with 1847 viewsDubtractor

He'll play the impact sub role. Dont see him as a regular starter at the moment, barring a dramatic improvement in his form.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:53 - Mar 11 with 1815 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:40 - Mar 11 by chrismakin

Remind me of the 2nd one.

1 was the awful tackle against sunderland cant remember the first one

The card against Sunderland was his second in 7 starts. The first was against Oxford for a stamp in February 2020.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 12:55]

Iron Lion Zion

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:57 - Mar 11 with 1798 viewschrismakin

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:53 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

The card against Sunderland was his second in 7 starts. The first was against Oxford for a stamp in February 2020.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 12:55]

11 months inbetween. Wow. Bad attitude.

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 13:09 - Mar 11 with 1762 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:57 - Mar 11 by chrismakin

11 months inbetween. Wow. Bad attitude.

It's still two red cards in just seven starts. One for a petulant stamp and the other for a nasty tackle.

It's something he needs to cut out of his game.

Downes has been a walking red card every game I see him play. Dozzell looks a worry on that front at times. Norwood had to be subbed before he was sent off a few weeks ago. We get far too many red cards.

It's a problem that Ipswich have never had before. I'm hoping it's one of the things PC can put right with a more relaxed attitude.

Edit I've been calling for Jackson to start up front with Norwood for a few weeks now.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 13:12]

Iron Lion Zion

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 13:11 - Mar 11 with 1751 viewschrismakin

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 13:09 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

It's still two red cards in just seven starts. One for a petulant stamp and the other for a nasty tackle.

Downes has been a walking red card every game I see him play. Dozzell looks a worry on that front at times. Norwood had to be subbed before he was sent off a few weeks ago. We get far too many red cards.

It's a problem that Ipswich have never had before. I'm hoping it's one of the things PC can put right with a more relaxed attitude.

Edit I've been calling for Jackson to start up front with Norwood for a few weeks now.

I wouldn't say bad attitude though he hasnt had to Mant reds overall in his career. But two pointless reds yes.

I think we put tags on players unnecessarily

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 13:19 - Mar 11 with 1720 viewsWallingford_Boy

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:40 - Mar 11 by StokieBlue

As per previous discussions, why not consider the evidence?

If you look at the heatmaps of both wide players in the games Jackson played there you can see both of them completely hugged the touchline and very rarely moved centrally. Seems unlikely that they would both take it upon themselves to do this unless they were instructed to do so by Lambert.

We all know you don't like Jackson but you've never managed to counter any of the evidence against your assertions. You just ignore them and double-down.

SB
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 12:45]

Look mate, he's awful, its simple as that.

The stats don't lie in 12-15 months, he's had more reds than assists or goals!

If he had any ounce of talent, playing out wide (hugging the touchline) he would still show some signs of this, even if its not his ideal position (in your opinion).

I won't mention it again as we clearly disagree big time on this and tbf most of your posts are well structured and you are clearly an intelligent chap.

Love him to flourish under PC and prove me wrong, I really would!

RIP Sir Bobby

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 13:29 - Mar 11 with 1696 viewschrismakin

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 13:19 - Mar 11 by Wallingford_Boy

Look mate, he's awful, its simple as that.

The stats don't lie in 12-15 months, he's had more reds than assists or goals!

If he had any ounce of talent, playing out wide (hugging the touchline) he would still show some signs of this, even if its not his ideal position (in your opinion).

I won't mention it again as we clearly disagree big time on this and tbf most of your posts are well structured and you are clearly an intelligent chap.

Love him to flourish under PC and prove me wrong, I really would!

Injuries. Covid isolation.

14 appearances.

In the 19/20 season he was clubs joint goalscorer on 11 in season that ended early.

So hes not as awful as you say.

We get it. You dont like him.

But then you love mcguiness. So its definitely a case of different footballing opinions.

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 13:41 - Mar 11 with 1661 viewsIllinoisblue

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 12:10 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

Can you provide evidence of the bad attitude?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 15:31 - Mar 11 with 1517 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 13:09 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

Interestingly they're quite different, so it's not like we have a systemic problem with bad behaviour or aggression. Flynn is aggression and Dozzell is mostly down to poor timing. Hopefully they can get Flynn to calm down a bit (but you still want some bite from him). Dozza should be easier to deal with - just work on him staying on his feet rather than diving in all the time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 16:40 - Mar 11 with 1461 viewsstrikalite

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 15:31 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

Interestingly they're quite different, so it's not like we have a systemic problem with bad behaviour or aggression. Flynn is aggression and Dozzell is mostly down to poor timing. Hopefully they can get Flynn to calm down a bit (but you still want some bite from him). Dozza should be easier to deal with - just work on him staying on his feet rather than diving in all the time.

That's basically all Dozz has to do, stay on his feet and get goal side as quickly as he can, from there he can block or intercept a pass..
So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 17:32 - Mar 11 with 1404 viewsPJH

So Jackson coming back into the fold more this week on 16:40 - Mar 11 by strikalite

That's basically all Dozz has to do, stay on his feet and get goal side as quickly as he can, from there he can block or intercept a pass..

I don't think it is a question of staying on his feet so much it is more resisting the urge to grab hold of anyone that goes past him. Most of his yellows seem to be for half-hearted rugby tackles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024