Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilson 19:46 - Mar 13 with 1231 viewssaffers12

Big fan of his but not great today and agree with MM
Wilson on 19:47 - Mar 13 with 1214 viewscatch74

Not sure everyone agrees.
Warren for one.
James Wilson

We know Wilson is a solid defender and he was that once again in this game, barely putting a foot wrong as he won his headers and stepped in to tackle when needed. We saw a little more of his on-ball ability, too, with a couple of moments where he stepped out of defence to move forward while also flighting one superb ball forward which Kayden Jackson couldn’t finish. 8

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Wilson on 19:48 - Mar 13 with 1197 viewschrismakin

Wilson on 19:47 - Mar 13 by catch74

Warren for one.
James Wilson

We know Wilson is a solid defender and he was that once again in this game, barely putting a foot wrong as he won his headers and stepped in to tackle when needed. We saw a little more of his on-ball ability, too, with a couple of moments where he stepped out of defence to move forward while also flighting one superb ball forward which Kayden Jackson couldn’t finish. 8

I need to watch it again as mm said kenlock kept saving Wilson but from what I saw the headers kenlock made were standard fullback positioning headers

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Wilson on 19:50 - Mar 13 with 1177 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Wilson on 19:47 - Mar 13 by catch74

Warren for one.
James Wilson

Mick Mills drew repeated attention to the fact that Wilson didn't deal with crosses going to the back post from the Plymouth Left, and that instead Kenlock was having to deal with them.

It wasn't a commanding aerial performance from a Centre Back.
Wilson on 19:51 - Mar 13 with 1164 viewsWD19

Always harsh to criticise a defender who has kept a clean sheet.

I also think there is added pressure on him because he has to be the one to step out and be the ball playing central defender because Toto never will. What we maybe lose in 100% dependability I think we gained with some of his forward play.
Wilson on 20:56 - Mar 13 with 950 viewsIllinoisblue

Had two or three good runs out of the back, bringing the ball out well. Good player

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wilson on 21:31 - Mar 13 with 870 viewsGarv

Wilson on 20:56 - Mar 13 by Illinoisblue

Had two or three good runs out of the back, bringing the ball out well. Good player

Indeed. Really needs to show some balls and keep going though, because so often he gets so far and so often it only ends up going sideways because he thinks he's gone too far, and inevitably it ends up going backwards.

Not a criticism of Wilson, because a lot of defenders are the same - it's frustrating. All I want is someone to channel their inner Titus Bramble and keep going.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Wilson on 21:54 - Mar 13 with 788 viewsclive_baker

I didn’t really get MM’s criticism of him today. I think there was perhaps 1 cross in the first half where Kenlock covered him at the far post and they had a man over, but otherwise he didn’t do a lot wrong. You’re talking about free transfer from Lincoln James Wilson, he’s not Franco Beresi. Defended well, read danger, reliance on him bringing the ball out, distribution was OK, a couple of timely blocks and tackles in there too and a clean sheet. If he plays like that every week I won’t have too many complaints, I was surprised to see MM dig him out 3 or 4 times.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wilson on 23:11 - Mar 13 with 688 viewsStewart27

Completely disagree.

Thought he was really good. I completely respect MMs view, however he kept dwelling on some pretty insignificant points which were covered comfortably by Kenlock.

Wilson was solid at the back but the thing that impressed me was how comfortable he looked with the ball.

He’s undroppable at the moment in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024