Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I miss Bart 13:04 - Mar 19 with 893 viewsRobTheMonk

On my lunchbreak just browsing Youtube and some of Bart's highlight reels came up. He wasn't the best kicker, and a bit flappy with crosses, but my word was he a terrific shotstopper.

So glad for him that he seems to be doing quite well at Milwall.

It also shows that if you scout around, you can get some very good players at low prices... But then we signed Simon Dawkins lol.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 13:12]
I miss Bart on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 873 viewshype313

Still lives locally, if we were to go up I would love us to re sign him if it were possible.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I miss Bart on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 870 viewschrismakin

I wonder if cornell might get another chance.

Its not like I rate him either. But of the two he seems to be more agile than Holy.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 13:13]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I miss Bart on 13:50 - Mar 19 with 814 viewsmarchy

Fleetwood's keeper clawed three out of the top corner the other night in what struck me as Bartesque fashion. Contrast that with the increasing frequency with which Holy seems to just stand looking bewildered as a shot goes by him...
I miss Bart on 15:53 - Mar 19 with 752 viewsChrisd

I miss Bart on 13:09 - Mar 19 by chrismakin

I wonder if cornell might get another chance.

Its not like I rate him either. But of the two he seems to be more agile than Holy.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 13:13]

Cornell isn't good enough. He might be more agile than Holy, but you can see in other aspects of his game he struggles. Sadly, the No.1 spot (or whatever number the keeper's choose to wear) is another area of the pitch that PC will need to look at in the summer and hopefully address.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I miss Bart on 17:10 - Mar 19 with 703 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I miss Bart on 13:09 - Mar 19 by hype313

Still lives locally, if we were to go up I would love us to re sign him if it were possible.

Why was he sold? Was he really too expensive for us? Seems illogical to sign two bad keepers and get rid of your bets one just to save money as we have lost more money by staying down. Evans isn't a genius is he..............

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

I miss Bart on 17:24 - Mar 19 with 686 viewschrismakin

I miss Bart on 17:10 - Mar 19 by BlueWorldOrder

Why was he sold? Was he really too expensive for us? Seems illogical to sign two bad keepers and get rid of your bets one just to save money as we have lost more money by staying down. Evans isn't a genius is he..............

Biggest wage wasnt he. Plus Hurst ruined him mentality

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I miss Bart on 17:58 - Mar 19 with 667 viewsjayessess

I miss Bart on 15:53 - Mar 19 by Chrisd

Cornell isn't good enough. He might be more agile than Holy, but you can see in other aspects of his game he struggles. Sadly, the No.1 spot (or whatever number the keeper's choose to wear) is another area of the pitch that PC will need to look at in the summer and hopefully address.

Extra year on both their contracts, wonder how easy it'll be to move them on...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I miss Bart on 18:11 - Mar 19 with 660 viewsRadlett_blue

I miss Bart on 17:24 - Mar 19 by chrismakin

Biggest wage wasnt he. Plus Hurst ruined him mentality

Indeed. when he returned late from the World Cup, Hurst's attitude to someone who had been one of Town's best performers over the previous 2 seasons seemed to be that he had to prove himself again. For whatever reason, Bart's form dropped alarmingly.
While he was an above average shot stopper, I didn't think the rest of his game was great & felt he was over-rated by Town fans. However, pleased he seems to have recovered his from at Millwall.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

I miss Bart on 06:58 - Mar 20 with 552 viewshype313

I miss Bart on 18:11 - Mar 19 by Radlett_blue

Indeed. when he returned late from the World Cup, Hurst's attitude to someone who had been one of Town's best performers over the previous 2 seasons seemed to be that he had to prove himself again. For whatever reason, Bart's form dropped alarmingly.
While he was an above average shot stopper, I didn't think the rest of his game was great & felt he was over-rated by Town fans. However, pleased he seems to have recovered his from at Millwall.

Yep he wasn't the best but got us out of a few holes over the years, if you compare him to our current crop he's like Buffon.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I miss Bart on 07:45 - Mar 20 with 536 viewsKieran_Knows

I don’t.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024