Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is poor 14:47 - Mar 20 with 884 viewsHerbivore

If ever a game illustrated how rubbish this league is it's this one, given this is meant to be two sides aiming for promotion. Pompey are terrible but we don't remotely look capable of scoring this second half.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is poor on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 842 viewsDubtractor

Yep, As decent as the first 40 minutes were, the second half has been pretty poor. So little cutting edge.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is poor on 14:50 - Mar 20 with 804 viewsGarv

Well neither really are aiming for promotion are they? The best they'll get is the lottery of the play offs.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

This is poor on 14:50 - Mar 20 with 791 viewsHerbivore

This is poor on 14:50 - Mar 20 by Garv

Well neither really are aiming for promotion are they? The best they'll get is the lottery of the play offs.

You do realise that the play offs are for promotion, right?

This is poor on 14:51 - Mar 20 with 758 viewsclive_baker

They’re a damn sight better than us on today’s evidence. They’ve deserved this. Yet another performance where we’ve created next to nothing.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This is poor on 14:52 - Mar 20 with 719 viewsHerbivore

This is poor on 14:48 - Mar 20 by Dubtractor

Yep, As decent as the first 40 minutes were, the second half has been pretty poor. So little cutting edge.

For all our neat footballers we seem incapable of passing with any real accuracy. We desperately need someone at the back who can actually use the ball. And it'd help us if any of the attacking three behind the front man could offer a goal threat or show some ability to cross the ball.

This is not a game we should have lost. Pompey are as hopeless as we are, but we have a soft centre to go with a lack of threat. Lambert has left a massive husk of a squad.

This is poor on 14:53 - Mar 20 with 703 viewsThe_Realist_09

If you think our squad as it is, is capable of promotion/deserves promotion then there's something wrong. Imagine if we did get promoted somehow, we'd need even more of an overhaul in one transfer window than we already do! So far off it, it's unreal.

We'd be going up with no identity whatsoever.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 15:07]
This is poor on 14:55 - Mar 20 with 653 viewsKeaneish

This has been a good game of football in my view. Two sides have been cancelling each other since the 41st minute. It’s an undeserved defeat and a fortuitous win for the weasley Cowleys. Should have been two up by half time. No Ronan Curtis, no Pompey

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

This is poor on 14:56 - Mar 20 with 637 viewsHerbivore

This is poor on 14:51 - Mar 20 by clive_baker

They’re a damn sight better than us on today’s evidence. They’ve deserved this. Yet another performance where we’ve created next to nothing.

Wouldn't say they're a damn sight better to be honest. I thought they looked a pretty poor side, as did we. Neither side created much, both huffed and puffed but lacked any quality.

Login to get fewer ads

This is poor on 14:58 - Mar 20 with 592 viewsHerbivore

This is poor on 14:55 - Mar 20 by Keaneish

This has been a good game of football in my view. Two sides have been cancelling each other since the 41st minute. It’s an undeserved defeat and a fortuitous win for the weasley Cowleys. Should have been two up by half time. No Ronan Curtis, no Pompey

A good game of football? Think we were watching different games to be honest. We played okay for 40 minutes without creating much, then after the equaliser both sides did very little. Real lack of quality on display.

This is poor on 14:59 - Mar 20 with 577 viewsKeaneish

This is poor on 14:51 - Mar 20 by clive_baker

Were we watching the same game? We were far superior in the first half and they improved in the second half. A point would have been fair.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

This is poor on 14:59 - Mar 20 with 573 viewsLankHenners

2nd half from us has been utter utter crap. I’m pissed off with it really. Sick to the back teeth of this team crumbling under the first whiff of pressure from the opposition and totally losing their composure and discipline. After a decent first half where they equalised against the run of play with a really good corner, the 2nd was full of poor passes, half-hearted tackles, no-one sticking their chest out and trying to take the game to them.

Fair play to Portsmouth, in contrast they kept being positive and could see the belief flow through them as the half went on and deserved to win the game.

I still think we’ll squeeze into the playoffs but haven’t a hope in hell of winning them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

You been on the glue mate.....? on 15:00 - Mar 20 with 544 viewsBloots

This is poor on 14:55 - Mar 20 by Keaneish

....we are crap.

All the basics are terrible.

We can't pass.

Can't cross.

Can't take set pieces.

Can't tackle.

If we'd have scored with all of our shots on target today we still wouldn't have won.

Happy clapper.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

This is poor on 15:01 - Mar 20 with 533 viewsclive_baker

This is poor on 14:56 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

Wouldn't say they're a damn sight better to be honest. I thought they looked a pretty poor side, as did we. Neither side created much, both huffed and puffed but lacked any quality.

I thought they looked a lot neater in possession, especially 2nd half. Sliced through us on more than one occasion. I can’t recall their keeper having a touch in the second half. Still, what’s new.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This is poor on 15:02 - Mar 20 with 523 viewsHerbivore

This is poor on 14:59 - Mar 20 by LankHenners

2nd half from us has been utter utter crap. I’m pissed off with it really. Sick to the back teeth of this team crumbling under the first whiff of pressure from the opposition and totally losing their composure and discipline. After a decent first half where they equalised against the run of play with a really good corner, the 2nd was full of poor passes, half-hearted tackles, no-one sticking their chest out and trying to take the game to them.

Fair play to Portsmouth, in contrast they kept being positive and could see the belief flow through them as the half went on and deserved to win the game.

I still think we’ll squeeze into the playoffs but haven’t a hope in hell of winning them.

I can't see us making the play offs to be honest. When we go behind we don't look capable of getting back in the game and we're not showing enough going forward to be confident we can get our noses in front. Only positive from today was seeing KVY back and the odd glimpse of the dynamism he can give us from right back.

This squad needs an overhaul. Some decent players but no balance or backbone.

This is poor on 15:06 - Mar 20 with 485 viewsLankHenners

This is poor on 15:02 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

I can't see us making the play offs to be honest. When we go behind we don't look capable of getting back in the game and we're not showing enough going forward to be confident we can get our noses in front. Only positive from today was seeing KVY back and the odd glimpse of the dynamism he can give us from right back.

This squad needs an overhaul. Some decent players but no balance or backbone.

I think we’ll scrape it on virtue of starting games like we did today and against Plymouth will see us through against weaker teams rather than us properly asserting ourselves as worthy promotion contenders.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024