Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper 15:27 - Apr 17 with 2843 viewsgtsb1966

Just wondering if anything was said during the game about Nsiala not making the squad. I'm assuming he's another on his way out if he wasn't injured. We definitely need a new keeper don't we. Holy is just not good enough.
Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 15:41 - Apr 17 with 2621 viewsSteve_M

I suppose in Toto's case it night just be that Chambers could cover full back as well as central defence. I don't think he's good enough though.

As for Holy, two major errors today and bailed out by McGuiness and Kenlock. I'm surprised that Cornell hasn't had a few games recently.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 15:46 - Apr 17 with 2588 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 15:41 - Apr 17 by Steve_M

I suppose in Toto's case it night just be that Chambers could cover full back as well as central defence. I don't think he's good enough though.

As for Holy, two major errors today and bailed out by McGuiness and Kenlock. I'm surprised that Cornell hasn't had a few games recently.

We tried Cornell earlier in the season and he was certainly no better than Holy.

Cook has identified what he sees as the issue and dealt with it this week. We will need to see what happens after a few weeks of working with the new coach and that will be into next season now. I wonder if Cook is looking for a first choice keeper or whether he thinks we can manage with Holy for the time being.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 15:50 - Apr 17 with 2546 viewsSteve_M

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 15:46 - Apr 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

We tried Cornell earlier in the season and he was certainly no better than Holy.

Cook has identified what he sees as the issue and dealt with it this week. We will need to see what happens after a few weeks of working with the new coach and that will be into next season now. I wonder if Cook is looking for a first choice keeper or whether he thinks we can manage with Holy for the time being.

No better but not sure he was worse either. Just some different flaws. I'll be very surprised not to see a new keeper come in.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 15:52 - Apr 17 with 2506 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 15:50 - Apr 17 by Steve_M

No better but not sure he was worse either. Just some different flaws. I'll be very surprised not to see a new keeper come in.

I don't see it as the priority. We would need a new keeper once we are in the Championship unless he improves dramatically so it might be good to get one in who will be good enough. However, there are many much more urgent issues at the moment in terms of leadership and creative and goal scoring players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 16:01 - Apr 17 with 2425 viewsBlueForYou

Cook knows what Toto can do. He obviously needed to look at the two young centre halves, guess he needs to see McGuiness in action before the cull.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 21:52]
Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 16:01 - Apr 17 with 2423 viewsKeaneish

I think Cook has given Nsiala a good run in the side. He’s done OK defensively but on the ball we know he’s a liability. I said after the Lincoln game that he’s now become a target for the high press, which is unsustainable - I think Cook knows this so I doubt Nsiala will be with us next season.

Drinan is another absentee who’s had a good run and squandered it. It’s clear to see he wants players who are comfortable on the ball in all areas of the pitch, sadly these two are obvious targets for release as they’re too limited.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 16:09 - Apr 17 with 2346 viewsstopmoaning

Christian Walton sounds like a good shout for a new keeper with Holy as backup?
Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 16:11 - Apr 17 with 2327 viewspointofblue

Nsiala had a thigh injury.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 16:39 - Apr 17 with 2202 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 22:10 - Apr 17 with 1667 viewsArnieM

I wonder if PC would try to get McGuinness on season long loan to team up with Eollfie next season ? Likewise Parrott ?

Or are we going for our own players ( can’t remember the last time we ever did that tbh)

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 07:59 - Apr 18 with 1353 viewsbluejacko

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 22:10 - Apr 17 by ArnieM

I wonder if PC would try to get McGuinness on season long loan to team up with Eollfie next season ? Likewise Parrott ?

Or are we going for our own players ( can’t remember the last time we ever did that tbh)

Sure it has been said on here that Cook doesn’t like loan players.
Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 09:10 - Apr 18 with 1171 viewspointofblue

I don’t like the idea of Woolfenden/McGuinness centre back partnership as first choice for the season - they both need an experienced centre back partner to help guide them through this point rather than having to help someone or being helped by someone still young themselves.

ETA - and the senior centre back needs to be strong and reliable rather than gaffe prone.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 9:10]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 09:10 - Apr 18 with 1169 viewsChrisd

Keeper wise for all Holy’s clean sheets this season it doesn’t tell the true story, he just doesn’t instil confidence. We need a keeper that is a solid performer, consistently a 6 or 7 out of 10 each week. Someone that does his job dependably, without the need to look flash, a safe and reliable pair of hands. Physically, Holy has all the attributes, but I do wonder whether any of the current top 6 in L1 would have him as their No.1? For me, it’s a resounding no. I’d have him as back up for the occasional game as and when, but not as a regular starter.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 09:55 - Apr 18 with 1083 viewsTIB

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 07:59 - Apr 18 by bluejacko

Sure it has been said on here that Cook doesn’t like loan players.

With the clear out, new ownership and looking likely we’ll be in L1 again next season, I’d like to see us build our own back line without loans. A season in L1 for the new look squad, develop and build strong foundations for promotion and going forwards and ultimately not having to worry about losing a player.

Isn’t the lad at Wigan who’s on loan from Feyernoord being released and someone Cook’s liked previously?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 10:53 - Apr 18 with 1021 viewsPinewoodblue

It is worth remembering that we have two other youngsters * coming through, Ndaba and Baggott, both currently out on loan.

* Ndaba next season would have to count towards the senior squad which is due to be limited to just 20 players next season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Nsiala out of the squad and next season's keeper on 12:53 - Apr 18 with 928 viewsrattram

Neither McGuiness or Wolfenden can pass a ball properly and Nsiala is an accident waiting to happen. Holy gets a lot of stick, but he has made some good saves in the last few games (alongside his errors at Charlton)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024