Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? 14:02 - Apr 19 with 1802 viewsSteve_M

Judge gave an interview where he mentioned it and obviously Lambert did but who else? Gill earlier in the season I think, did Jackson then as well?

I'm wondering how it might have affected fitness levels, allowing for the fact that they aren't good enough across the squad.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:02 - Apr 19 with 1793 viewsSitfcB

Jackson was another.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I wonder if it will become.... on 14:05 - Apr 19 with 1777 viewsBloots

....a standard part of the player medical.

"Have you had covid?"

"Yes"

"We're not interested then"

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:06 - Apr 19 with 1756 viewsHerbivore

Didn't Woolf have it?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:20 - Apr 19 with 1712 viewsBeyriey

Woolfenden most certainly caught it. Unfortunately, he had it quite badly!
Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:21 - Apr 19 with 1711 viewslazyblue

Ward
Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:25 - Apr 19 with 1691 viewsSamWhiteUK

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:20 - Apr 19 by Beyriey

Maybe he has long Covid. Might explain his lacklustre performances of late.
Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:27 - Apr 19 with 1692 viewsPhilTWTD

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:20 - Apr 19 by Beyriey

Did he have it or did he just have to self-isolate as someone he lives with tested positive? I don't remember him having it and I think I know most of those who had it over Christmas (the club evidently didn't want the names out there so I'll not say who).

This post has been edited by an administrator
Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:29 - Apr 19 with 1674 viewsPhilTWTD

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:21 - Apr 19 by lazyblue

Ward

He and Judge both confirmed that they had had it.
Login to get fewer ads

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:46 - Apr 19 with 1630 viewsSteve_M

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:27 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

Did he have it or did he just have to self-isolate as someone he lives with tested positive? I don't remember him having it and I think I know most of those who had it over Christmas (the club evidently didn't want the names out there so I'll not say who).

This post has been edited by an administrator

Was it confirmed how many players or did they keep that vague? I'm just curious.

Would certainly explain why Ward looked like he was running through treacle in some games this season, notably Peterborough away. Can't see him being here next year but looks a lot fitter again now.

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:51 - Apr 19 with 1608 viewsPhilTWTD

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:46 - Apr 19 by Steve_M

Was it confirmed how many players or did they keep that vague? I'm just curious.

Would certainly explain why Ward looked like he was running through treacle in some games this season, notably Peterborough away. Can't see him being here next year but looks a lot fitter again now.

They said eight players over Christmas - Judge and Ward among them, not sure there was confirmation of the others - plus Lambert, Lee O'Neill and Bryan Klug. Kayden Jackson had it before that and Josh Harrop after he had signed.
Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 15:00 - Apr 19 with 1576 viewsSteve_M

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:51 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

They said eight players over Christmas - Judge and Ward among them, not sure there was confirmation of the others - plus Lambert, Lee O'Neill and Bryan Klug. Kayden Jackson had it before that and Josh Harrop after he had signed.

Cheers Phil. It certainly can't have helped with our fitness, between that and having no fitness coach...

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 15:01 - Apr 19 with 1567 viewsdirtyboy

I read something in the Lancet about myocarditis in those that had have Covid and potential lasting damage and elsewhere the effect that had on VO2 max, even in those who were positive that showed no symptoms.

It's certainly possible that those who were positive have had lasting effects even if not immediately obvious.

The myocarditis can only be picked up on expensive MRI scanning....unlikely to be implemented by League One clubs!
Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 16:54 - Apr 19 with 1428 viewsBlueBadger

Apparently Paul Lambert had it, but never mentioned it.

In a similar vein, I only recently found out he played for Celtic and Dortmund, back in the day.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 16:56 - Apr 19 with 1423 viewsPhilTWTD

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 15:00 - Apr 19 by Steve_M

Cheers Phil. It certainly can't have helped with our fitness, between that and having no fitness coach...

I wondered about the impact as well. I heard one player was more badly affected than the rest and he didn't play for a bit afterwards, but overall you wonder whether they were a little bit off the pace for a while.
Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 17:28 - Apr 19 with 1352 viewsWeWereZombies

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 14:51 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

Would it be too simplistic to attribute a fear of long Covid developing as one of the reasons for Judge's contract extension not being triggered?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 17:30 - Apr 19 with 1341 viewsPhilTWTD

Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 17:28 - Apr 19 by WeWereZombies

Would it be too simplistic to attribute a fear of long Covid developing as one of the reasons for Judge's contract extension not being triggered?

I think so. I don't think that had any impact on the situation. If they were worried about that I don't think he'd have been playing.
Did we ever find out which players or staff had covid earlier in the year? on 20:02 - Apr 19 with 1246 viewsPattiswickBlue

Dozzell, Dobra, Nsiala, Ward, Judge, Lambert, O’Neill and Klug all had it. There was a thought that Huws had it but he didn’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024