Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get a grip people.... 23:16 - Apr 20 with 799 viewsbrazil1981

obviously things aren’t good in the dressing room currently for whatever reason, there’s issues be it ability, attitude, confidence etc. Maybe PC hasn’t waved a magic wand but we’re all forgetting how bad things were under Lambert! The 3 game winning run in Feb was hardly convincing and we should have lost at least one of those matches!

Give the bloke a chance....he’s won promotions with his last three clubs so given time he can be the one to turn us around.

Who would we go for instead? Please nobody say Eddie Howe!!!!
Get a grip people.... on 23:20 - Apr 20 with 763 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Think you've misread the mood.

Most people are pro PC.

Some are also underwhelmed by results under PC.

Some question his decisions.

All of the above is OK.

Stop creating a narrative.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 23:21]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Get a grip people.... on 23:25 - Apr 20 with 718 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Even Klopp or Guardiola wouldn't get better out of this squad. I'm sure even both of them would require double sessions on the training pitch.
Get a grip people.... on 23:42 - Apr 20 with 662 viewspointofblue

Get a grip people.... on 23:25 - Apr 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

Even Klopp or Guardiola wouldn't get better out of this squad. I'm sure even both of them would require double sessions on the training pitch.

At this moment just getting the same out of the squad as Lambert did would be nice. Instead we’re looking worse.

Under Lambert we never went more than three league games in a row without scoring, and even that only happened once (Hull, Charlton, Oxford earlier this season). Our worst run before then was two at any given time - including in our relegation season. Under Cook we’re on five and counting (plus 79 minutes v Bristol Rovers). Didn’t it take us nearly three matches to have a shot on target?

Under Lambert we conceded three or more ten times across over 100 matches - at the rate Cook is going he’ll reach 25 by the 100 game mark, having seen us concede three in a quarter of the matches he has managed us for.

Players who looked half decent under Lambert, particularly Woolfenden (albeit more last year) and Downes are showing signs of regressing.

I’m not saying it wasn’t wrong to see Lambert go, and Cook will hopefully be the right man for the job, but to say he hasn’t impressed so far is an understatement.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

THIS (n/t) on 23:46 - Apr 20 with 651 viewsunstableblue

Get a grip people.... on 23:20 - Apr 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Most people are pro PC.

All of the above is OK.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Get a grip people.... on 23:48 - Apr 20 with 648 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Get a grip people.... on 23:42 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

At this moment just getting the same out of the squad as Lambert did would be nice. Instead we’re looking worse.

Under Lambert we never went more than three league games in a row without scoring, and even that only happened once (Hull, Charlton, Oxford earlier this season). Our worst run before then was two at any given time - including in our relegation season. Under Cook we’re on five and counting (plus 79 minutes v Bristol Rovers). Didn’t it take us nearly three matches to have a shot on target?

Under Lambert we conceded three or more ten times across over 100 matches - at the rate Cook is going he’ll reach 25 by the 100 game mark, having seen us concede three in a quarter of the matches he has managed us for.

Players who looked half decent under Lambert, particularly Woolfenden (albeit more last year) and Downes are showing signs of regressing.

I’m not saying it wasn’t wrong to see Lambert go, and Cook will hopefully be the right man for the job, but to say he hasn’t impressed so far is an understatement.

Again.

New owners, new manager, new demands whereas the players have been used to the different type of life under not demanding owner in Evans.

Downes? This is the player who wanted to leave us last season.
Woolfenden? Even he has admitted he's had an average season.
Get a grip people.... on 23:53 - Apr 20 with 630 viewswkj

Get a grip people.... on 23:20 - Apr 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Most people are pro PC.

All of the above is OK.

Im not pro Cook, but I am not against him.

He's clearly done the same thing as Lambert did when he came in, made no improvement. However, he has had no impact on the signings for the club either.

My judgement for him is reserved - but I can tell you now that I will have no patience for the 'let the team gel' argument for the new season. Full critique will be on Cook from the first kick of the ball next year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Get a grip people.... on 23:54 - Apr 20 with 620 viewsRyorry

Get a grip people.... on 23:42 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

Fact is, p.o.b., none of us actually knows what's gone on in the dressing room, in PC's office, at the training ground, in the treatment rooms.

Many far from fully fit players, who cannot possibly have been given the best fitness training from a coach wfh 400 miles away, who know their new coach wants new players next season to fit into his system, who don't want to risk injury a) because there's a high chance of them needing new clubs and b) because our "sports science" dept. has such a poor record.

No-one but PC, his closest staff & the players know that. I'm happy to cut him slack till he's had time to get his own players in & organised.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Get a grip people.... on 23:57 - Apr 20 with 608 viewspointofblue

Get a grip people.... on 23:54 - Apr 20 by Ryorry

Fact is, p.o.b., none of us actually knows what's gone on in the dressing room, in PC's office, at the training ground, in the treatment rooms.

Many far from fully fit players, who cannot possibly have been given the best fitness training from a coach wfh 400 miles away, who know their new coach wants new players next season to fit into his system, who don't want to risk injury a) because there's a high chance of them needing new clubs and b) because our "sports science" dept. has such a poor record.

No-one but PC, his closest staff & the players know that. I'm happy to cut him slack till he's had time to get his own players in & organised.

I accept that, but if we’re giving Cook some slack then maybe the players should be as well, even if it’s simply because they have not been given adequate support at a fitness/sports science level. But it appears to be black and white - players bad eggs who should never appear fir the club again; Cook the latter day Mother Theresa who is bearing his soul for us.

The truth? All entities at the club have made mistakes and all need to understand where in order to move forward.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024