Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK out of the pandemic 11:19 - Apr 30 with 1034 viewsGlasgowBlue

And social distancing to be scrapped within weeks.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-updates-early-vaccine-data-to-

At last some good news in what has bee a sh1t year and a bit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

UK out of the pandemic on 11:27 - Apr 30 with 976 viewsKeno

So where shall we meet up for that long overdue hug then Glassers?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

UK out of the pandemic on 11:28 - Apr 30 with 967 viewsGlasgowBlue

UK out of the pandemic on 11:27 - Apr 30 by Keno

So where shall we meet up for that long overdue hug then Glassers?

Boris Johnson's Bordello.

Iron Lion Zion

UK out of the pandemic on 11:30 - Apr 30 with 949 viewsStokieBlue

Assuming the science supports it that will be excellent.

I do find it strange it's being based on events where people need to pre-test before they attend and wear masks and distance but I am sure the proper research has been done.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

UK out of the pandemic on 11:35 - Apr 30 with 943 viewsGuthrum

Opinion from one bloke, to be treated with considerable caution. After all, we went down to a very low rate last summer, before having a second outbreak.

I hope he's right, but I'd rather not rush things if that ensures genuine, long-term safety.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

UK out of the pandemic on 11:38 - Apr 30 with 913 viewsGlasgowBlue

UK out of the pandemic on 11:30 - Apr 30 by StokieBlue

I do find it strange it's being based on events where people need to pre-test before they attend and wear masks and distance but I am sure the proper research has been done.

SB

The data is being revealed today I believe.

Iron Lion Zion

UK out of the pandemic on 11:38 - Apr 30 with 906 viewsKeno

UK out of the pandemic on 11:28 - Apr 30 by GlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson's Bordello.

ha!! Which one, I suspect there are many

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

UK out of the pandemic on 11:41 - Apr 30 with 887 viewsBloomBlue

UK out of the pandemic on 11:30 - Apr 30 by StokieBlue

SB

Must admit I thought that was strange too

But walking around earlier here in the East of London I think a lot of people, actually a very large number of people, have already decided lock-down is over . Not seen so many people for months standing/sitting around chatting together no masks or anything.
UK out of the pandemic on 11:41 - Apr 30 with 880 viewsXYZ

When are the local elections?

Science, lol.
Login to get fewer ads

UK out of the pandemic on 11:45 - Apr 30 with 859 viewsHerbivore

Point of order, we can't declare ourselves out of a pandemic. Pandemics are global (or continental at the very least) and Covid is still raging in other parts of the world; declaring ourselves out of it is not especially helpful. However, good news on the whole that infections and deaths are back to low levels and the vaccine seems to be working well in the real world.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

UK out of the pandemic on 11:53 - Apr 30 with 810 viewsclive_baker

Mad really how effective the vaccine appears to be at preventing serious illness from Covid. The number of 'breakthrough' deaths is staggeringly low. Absolutely remarkable. Couple that with the recent data that suggests the virus is 50% less transmissible post vaccine too, and it certainly feels like there are real reasons to believe we're approaching something resembling normality. Increasing vaccine related immunity alongside lower levels of transmissibility. My wife is a nurse and her hospital is pretty much back to normal.

Recent job data suggests we're now <10% below pre pandemic levels of openings too, so hopefully confidence is coming back. Here's hoping eh?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 11:54]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

UK out of the pandemic on 11:55 - Apr 30 with 783 viewsGlasgowBlue

UK out of the pandemic on 11:45 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

Point of order, we can't declare ourselves out of a pandemic. Pandemics are global (or continental at the very least) and Covid is still raging in other parts of the world; declaring ourselves out of it is not especially helpful. However, good news on the whole that infections and deaths are back to low levels and the vaccine seems to be working well in the real world.

We have left the pandemic as we have left the EU. Boris has got Covid done.

You know that will be the slogan he’ll use.

Iron Lion Zion

UK out of the pandemic on 11:57 - Apr 30 with 766 viewsMattinLondon

UK out of the pandemic on 11:35 - Apr 30 by Guthrum

Opinion from one bloke, to be treated with considerable caution. After all, we went down to a very low rate last summer, before having a second outbreak.

I hope he's right, but I'd rather not rush things if that ensures genuine, long-term safety.

Opinion from one bloke, to be treated with considerable caution.

Is this your thoughts on Glassers or the Sky News story?
UK out of the pandemic on 13:00 - Apr 30 with 606 viewsBlueBadger

UK out of the pandemic on 11:53 - Apr 30 by clive_baker

Mad really how effective the vaccine appears to be at preventing serious illness from Covid. The number of 'breakthrough' deaths is staggeringly low. Absolutely remarkable. Couple that with the recent data that suggests the virus is 50% less transmissible post vaccine too, and it certainly feels like there are real reasons to believe we're approaching something resembling normality. Increasing vaccine related immunity alongside lower levels of transmissibility. My wife is a nurse and her hospital is pretty much back to normal.

Recent job data suggests we're now <10% below pre pandemic levels of openings too, so hopefully confidence is coming back. Here's hoping eh?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 11:54]

Vaccine effect was crazy. My workload dropped off a cliff from 'oh dear God this is f**king crazy, I cannot physically get to all of these sickies' to 'Christ I'm bored' in the space of about 6 weeks between January 1 and late February.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 13:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024