Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help me remember, TWTD... 12:53 - Jun 11 with 1525 viewsfooters

... Stupid little thing, bit of trivia, but who did Keane refuse to sign because his missus had a silly handbag dog?

I brought this up somewhere else and now can't for the life of me remember who it was!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Help me remember, TWTD... on 12:54 - Jun 11 with 1506 viewsStokieBlue

McCormack wasn't it?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Help me remember, TWTD... on 12:54 - Jun 11 with 1484 viewsKieran_Knows

Ross McCormack.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:00 - Jun 11 with 1426 viewsfooters

Help me remember, TWTD... on 12:54 - Jun 11 by StokieBlue

McCormack wasn't it?

SB

Ah, that's the one! No trouble with getting over his fence, just the yappy little dog!

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:01 - Jun 11 with 1420 viewsLord_Lucan

Also - he was going to ask Robbie Savage to sign for Sunderland and phoned him, only to be greeted with an answerphone message saying "This is Robbie, Whaaatsuuup"

There endeth the deal.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:03 - Jun 11 with 1380 viewsfooters

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:01 - Jun 11 by Lord_Lucan

Also - he was going to ask Robbie Savage to sign for Sunderland and phoned him, only to be greeted with an answerphone message saying "This is Robbie, Whaaatsuuup"

There endeth the deal.

I obviously dislike RK as much as the next Town fan but can't really argue with that!

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:23 - Jun 11 with 1281 viewsLord_Lucan

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:03 - Jun 11 by footers

I obviously dislike RK as much as the next Town fan but can't really argue with that!

RK is a strange man, in fact the whole family are nuts.

When RK came down here one of the Sunderland lads who is a friend of mine told me to look out for a red faced pot bellied drunken Irishman, this would be Roy's brother Johnson who would follow Roy's team wherever he goes.

Anyhoo - when he told me this over the phone I was in The Cock and Pye and about 5 yards away was a man fitting this description so I introduced myself and it was indeed Johnson. We became friends and he used to fly over for most games. Once I was in Cork with Dalai and we were invited to a Keane family BBQ, the whole bunch are as mad as a bucket of frogs, in fact I would say they are all insane - although to be fair they were lovely company. Johnson was quite a volatile man and I had a scrap with him once in The Brickies, to be honest that was an evening that neither of us came out with much glory.

We went to meet Roy once in a pub in Aldeburgh, I don't know why but we got there about 5 hours early and by the time Roy turned up we were p1ssed. I admit to being a bit star struck and would go on to say that Roy was a nice bloke but to be honest he was a bit of a rude dick.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:44 - Jun 11 with 1187 viewswoodbridge_blue

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:23 - Jun 11 by Lord_Lucan

RK is a strange man, in fact the whole family are nuts.

When RK came down here one of the Sunderland lads who is a friend of mine told me to look out for a red faced pot bellied drunken Irishman, this would be Roy's brother Johnson who would follow Roy's team wherever he goes.

Anyhoo - when he told me this over the phone I was in The Cock and Pye and about 5 yards away was a man fitting this description so I introduced myself and it was indeed Johnson. We became friends and he used to fly over for most games. Once I was in Cork with Dalai and we were invited to a Keane family BBQ, the whole bunch are as mad as a bucket of frogs, in fact I would say they are all insane - although to be fair they were lovely company. Johnson was quite a volatile man and I had a scrap with him once in The Brickies, to be honest that was an evening that neither of us came out with much glory.

We went to meet Roy once in a pub in Aldeburgh, I don't know why but we got there about 5 hours early and by the time Roy turned up we were p1ssed. I admit to being a bit star struck and would go on to say that Roy was a nice bloke but to be honest he was a bit of a rude dick.

Love your tales LL, you're a similar era to me and I'm sure our paths must have crossed during halcyon days. Must meet up for a few and some reminiscing one day.

Living in Woodbridge I bumped into Keane frequently and I have to say I always found him polite and, generally, happy to have a chat. In fact on one occasion while he was walking his dog on Kingston Field it was me that had to terminate the conversation as the then four year old WB Junior was bursting for a slash!!
Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:59 - Jun 11 with 1114 viewsLord_Lucan

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:44 - Jun 11 by woodbridge_blue

Love your tales LL, you're a similar era to me and I'm sure our paths must have crossed during halcyon days. Must meet up for a few and some reminiscing one day.

Living in Woodbridge I bumped into Keane frequently and I have to say I always found him polite and, generally, happy to have a chat. In fact on one occasion while he was walking his dog on Kingston Field it was me that had to terminate the conversation as the then four year old WB Junior was bursting for a slash!!

The thing is, when you get to our age and are bit of an out and about sort of person you tend to meet a lot of people and get into a lot of scrapes, it actually amazes me sometimes how some people seem to be able to lead the straight and narrow.

Woodbridge eh? I have a pal who I think is fairly well known in Woodbridge, Dave Potts, you know of him?

Funnily enough I got a PM from powinswitch last week, he is a Woodbridge boy of similar vintage.

To be fair to RK, at the end of the day he has got to where he is because he is 100% driven and is a success story so fair play to him, we are all jealous really.

It was just that some bird came over to our table and asked him a question about Vierra and I thought he was quite rude - but there again it must be a pain in the arse sometimes for him and if we look at ourselves we are all rather tvvatish at times - without having had the ability or drive to become a global phenomenon.

Login to get fewer ads

Help me remember, TWTD... on 14:11 - Jun 11 with 1048 viewshoppy

Was it Cesc Fabregas? I know it wasn't Colin Healy.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Help me remember, TWTD... on 14:19 - Jun 11 with 1010 viewswoodbridge_blue

Help me remember, TWTD... on 13:59 - Jun 11 by Lord_Lucan

The thing is, when you get to our age and are bit of an out and about sort of person you tend to meet a lot of people and get into a lot of scrapes, it actually amazes me sometimes how some people seem to be able to lead the straight and narrow.

Woodbridge eh? I have a pal who I think is fairly well known in Woodbridge, Dave Potts, you know of him?

Funnily enough I got a PM from powinswitch last week, he is a Woodbridge boy of similar vintage.

To be fair to RK, at the end of the day he has got to where he is because he is 100% driven and is a success story so fair play to him, we are all jealous really.

It was just that some bird came over to our table and asked him a question about Vierra and I thought he was quite rude - but there again it must be a pain in the arse sometimes for him and if we look at ourselves we are all rather tvvatish at times - without having had the ability or drive to become a global phenomenon.

Don't know the name, quite probably our paths have crossed at some stage.

Being a man of leisure I'm more of a relaxed daytime drinker these days but not averse to the occasional evening session or, that most pleasurable of experiences, the all-dayer.
Help me remember, TWTD... on 14:40 - Jun 11 with 945 viewsLord_Lucan

Help me remember, TWTD... on 14:19 - Jun 11 by woodbridge_blue

Don't know the name, quite probably our paths have crossed at some stage.

Being a man of leisure I'm more of a relaxed daytime drinker these days but not averse to the occasional evening session or, that most pleasurable of experiences, the all-dayer.

I used to have a warehouse at Bentwaters but moved out a few years back. When I was there I would generally pop in The Cherry Tree on the way home - or latter on it would be The Red Lion as I knew a girl who drunk in there.

Funny place Woodbridge. A few years back me and the Mrs were coming down off an all nighter and it was morning and we simply didn't know how best to tackle it because it was a bigun. So we decided to get a train to Woodbridge and go on the lash. I swear to God, every pub was full of old farts reading the Sunday papers and every time either of us spoke it seemed everyone turned round to look at us.

It is a lovely place though, friend of mine used to have The Mariners. Said friend previously had The Golden Hind in Ipswich so it was quite the change, a few of us went to see him one evening and we were tripping our nuts off. Two things stand out that evening. 1/ I remember being in that pub at the top of the hill and I was gripping the bar as I was convinced the bloody pub was going to fall down the hill. 2/ Whilst walking to The Mariner from the hill pub we encountered a women with an empty cat basket, turns out she was looking for her cat but at the time my brain couldn't compute. I just wondered why she had a cat basket without a cat in it.

Help me remember, TWTD... on 15:11 - Jun 11 with 863 viewswoodbridge_blue

Help me remember, TWTD... on 14:40 - Jun 11 by Lord_Lucan

I used to have a warehouse at Bentwaters but moved out a few years back. When I was there I would generally pop in The Cherry Tree on the way home - or latter on it would be The Red Lion as I knew a girl who drunk in there.

Funny place Woodbridge. A few years back me and the Mrs were coming down off an all nighter and it was morning and we simply didn't know how best to tackle it because it was a bigun. So we decided to get a train to Woodbridge and go on the lash. I swear to God, every pub was full of old farts reading the Sunday papers and every time either of us spoke it seemed everyone turned round to look at us.

It is a lovely place though, friend of mine used to have The Mariners. Said friend previously had The Golden Hind in Ipswich so it was quite the change, a few of us went to see him one evening and we were tripping our nuts off. Two things stand out that evening. 1/ I remember being in that pub at the top of the hill and I was gripping the bar as I was convinced the bloody pub was going to fall down the hill. 2/ Whilst walking to The Mariner from the hill pub we encountered a women with an empty cat basket, turns out she was looking for her cat but at the time my brain couldn't compute. I just wondered why she had a cat basket without a cat in it.

Certainly sounds like Woodbridge. It's a bit different if you're local and well known, but things have definitely changed in my lifetime. If you were well known you could get nicely hammered and the landlords, appreciating that you spent a few Bob, would look after you. On occasions I would get driven home by the landlord of The Angel back in the 80's.

It was a great place to grow up and enjoy life. It's still good but most of the local characters have been replaced by the migration of Londoners, city workers and property owners.... that's the sort you would have encountered in the past.

Interesting to know who your mate was that ran The Mariner's..... that's probably the last bastion of proper drinkers in the town.
Help me remember, TWTD... on 15:27 - Jun 11 with 818 viewsLord_Lucan

Help me remember, TWTD... on 15:11 - Jun 11 by woodbridge_blue

Certainly sounds like Woodbridge. It's a bit different if you're local and well known, but things have definitely changed in my lifetime. If you were well known you could get nicely hammered and the landlords, appreciating that you spent a few Bob, would look after you. On occasions I would get driven home by the landlord of The Angel back in the 80's.

It was a great place to grow up and enjoy life. It's still good but most of the local characters have been replaced by the migration of Londoners, city workers and property owners.... that's the sort you would have encountered in the past.

Interesting to know who your mate was that ran The Mariner's..... that's probably the last bastion of proper drinkers in the town.

My straightening up dalliance in Woodridge with the Mrs was probably about 6 years ago, my pub falling down the hill dalliance was circa 1998???

My mate who had The Mariners was Dave Mitchell and he ran it with his girlfriend Vesna Mitrovic - but I think it was professional bullsh1tter Irish Kenny who mainly ran the bar.

Help me remember, TWTD... on 15:44 - Jun 11 with 762 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Help me remember, TWTD... on 12:54 - Jun 11 by StokieBlue

McCormack wasn't it?

SB

This was one of v few times when RK was probabaly right.

RM had a few seasons of banging in goals but any team he played for was cursed on account of him being an utter knob

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024