Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, 20:55 - Jun 21 with 1502 viewsbazza

Italy held by Wales, France frustrated by Hungary, Belgium being frustrated by Finland.. all showed vulnerability….on paper we really should have a decent chance if we can find a bit of form, we’ve definitely got the players to challenge the top Teams.. or am I just dreamer ..
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 20:57 - Jun 21 with 1472 viewsMetal_Hacker

You need to ask ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 20:57 - Jun 21 with 1465 viewsbazza

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 20:57 - Jun 21 by Metal_Hacker

You need to ask ?

😂
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:02 - Jun 21 with 1425 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We should get through the group stage. A draw tomorrow evening should be enough. Even defeat sees us second unless Scotland win well and even then we would have a good chance of going through as a third place side.

Beyond that, getting through more than one more game will be us doing well. Not sure where people got this idea we were in with a good shout of winning the competition. Have a similar chance to Portugal, Spain and Germany probably.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:05 - Jun 21 with 1399 viewsbazza

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:02 - Jun 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

We should get through the group stage. A draw tomorrow evening should be enough. Even defeat sees us second unless Scotland win well and even then we would have a good chance of going through as a third place side.

Beyond that, getting through more than one more game will be us doing well. Not sure where people got this idea we were in with a good shout of winning the competition. Have a similar chance to Portugal, Spain and Germany probably.

I don’t feel confident we could win the competition, but I just feel
Looking at how some of the other teams have struggled against teams they should really have walked over, maybe our performance wasn’t as bad as it felt at the time, there were points throughout that game, Scotland had 8 players back in defence..
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:06 - Jun 21 with 1405 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Italy held by Wales?

I know you would think they drew from the reaction, but Italy reserves beat Wales.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:06 - Jun 21 with 1395 viewsbelgablue

Dreaming that Wales didn’t lose 1-0 to Italy yesterday I think!

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:08 - Jun 21 with 1385 viewsMerseyBlue

Think it's fair to say Italy played within themselves in that second half, if they had gone for it I think they would have comfortably beaten Wales. Having said that, Bale had a golden opportunity which exposed their defence. Belgium like Italy were already through so I wouldn't give much weight to match day three. You're right though, if we get the balance right we have a very good crop of players. I just think we have to play to our strengths more and go on the offensive.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:09 - Jun 21 with 1370 viewsbazza

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:06 - Jun 21 by belgablue

Dreaming that Wales didn’t lose 1-0 to Italy yesterday I think!

I swear bale put that in the net.. It was just after my 8th can 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:10 - Jun 21 with 1365 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:06 - Jun 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Italy held by Wales?

I know you would think they drew from the reaction, but Italy reserves beat Wales.

Italy have not conceded a goal yet have they?

Could do with a better attack possibly but with their defence they are possible winners.

The same could be said about England. However, how much have we ridden our luck in defence at times and have both sides played the same quality of opposition? England have only scored 1 compared to Italy's 7.

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:10 - Jun 21 with 1358 viewsbazza

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:09 - Jun 21 by bazza

I swear bale put that in the net.. It was just after my 8th can 😂

That hobgoblin ipa does strange things ..
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:20 - Jun 21 with 1317 viewsBloomBlue

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:02 - Jun 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Didn't they say on BBC earlier if Finland or Russia lose, England guaranteed place in last 16?
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:56 - Jun 21 with 1244 viewsbazza

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:20 - Jun 21 by BloomBlue

Didn't they say on BBC earlier if Finland or Russia lose, England guaranteed place in last 16?

Hadn’t heard that, but well done to Finland holding Belgium to the draw.
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:56 - Jun 21 with 1244 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well you got France being frustrated by Hungary right. One out of three isn’t bad. The cans weren’t Special Brew were they?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:58 - Jun 21 with 1234 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:20 - Jun 21 by BloomBlue

England on 4 points and guaranteed at least 3rd place, so yes will be in the next round.

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 22:02 - Jun 21 with 1207 viewsbazza

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:56 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

Well you got France being frustrated by Hungary right. One out of three isn’t bad. The cans weren’t Special Brew were they?

Special brew and a whiskey chaser .. 😂
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 22:36 - Jun 21 with 1120 viewsmojo

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:58 - Jun 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

England on 4 points and guaranteed at least 3rd place, so yes will be in the next round.

And Switzerland must also be through with a better record than Ukraine and Finland
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 22:57 - Jun 21 with 1073 viewstractordownsouth

I think the most likely scenario is that we scrape a narrow win against the Czechs and end up with Germany at Wembley in the Last 16, which wouldn't be a disaster. I'd say the two teams are evenly matched - their attack is better than ours but the defence is ropey and can easily be got at in wide areas. The winner of that game then has quite a favourable route to the final (likely Sweden and the Netherlands) although I'm not expecting us to get there...

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 07:50 - Jun 22 with 856 viewsChurchman

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:08 - Jun 21 by MerseyBlue

Think it's fair to say Italy played within themselves in that second half, if they had gone for it I think they would have comfortably beaten Wales. Having said that, Bale had a golden opportunity which exposed their defence. Belgium like Italy were already through so I wouldn't give much weight to match day three. You're right though, if we get the balance right we have a very good crop of players. I just think we have to play to our strengths more and go on the offensive.

I thought the BBC said Italy had made eight changes for Wales? Whether they did play the ressies or not, they beat Wales with ease. If they’d have needed five they would have got them. Italy are excellent. For me they are a close third behind France then Belgium. I think our sunbed-awaits eleven are a long way short of those in player calibre and the way they’re set up to play.

Even if they could manage to pass the ball forwards once in a while, the defence isn’t strong enough. However, given the quality of Mount and Foden (and one or two others), we could have a very strong team in a year or two’s time.

One player that’s impressed me is of all people is Mings. He’s getting better and better, though probably needs to move to one of the big clubs to be a permanent fixture.
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 08:35 - Jun 22 with 803 viewsvilanovablue

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 21:08 - Jun 21 by MerseyBlue

Also worth adding Italy changed 8 players and still controlled the game.
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 08:52 - Jun 22 with 759 viewsBiGDonnie

Na, you're right Bazza. We should be looking to attack teams and cause them problems. All this three defensive midfielders is doing us a massive injustice.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 08:55 - Jun 22 with 745 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 22:57 - Jun 21 by tractordownsouth

I think the most likely scenario is that we scrape a narrow win against the Czechs and end up with Germany at Wembley in the Last 16, which wouldn't be a disaster. I'd say the two teams are evenly matched - their attack is better than ours but the defence is ropey and can easily be got at in wide areas. The winner of that game then has quite a favourable route to the final (likely Sweden and the Netherlands) although I'm not expecting us to get there...

I think Germans will win the group as probably France and Portugal Will play out a draw.
Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 11:31 - Jun 22 with 658 viewsMerseyBlue

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 07:50 - Jun 22 by Churchman

I thought the BBC said Italy had made eight changes for Wales? Whether they did play the ressies or not, they beat Wales with ease. If they’d have needed five they would have got them. Italy are excellent. For me they are a close third behind France then Belgium. I think our sunbed-awaits eleven are a long way short of those in player calibre and the way they’re set up to play.

Even if they could manage to pass the ball forwards once in a while, the defence isn’t strong enough. However, given the quality of Mount and Foden (and one or two others), we could have a very strong team in a year or two’s time.

One player that’s impressed me is of all people is Mings. He’s getting better and better, though probably needs to move to one of the big clubs to be a permanent fixture.

Yeah precisely, they knew they were through, gave the squad a run out and still looked good value for the win. I would say that I think they can be got at without Chiellini, however Donnarumma is such a good keeper that it might not matter.

I'm not sure I agree completely. I think on paper, the French have the best team but it does have it's weaknesses. Namely the goalkeeper and the defence. Varane is great on his day but like most of the French defence, has had a pretty wobbly last season.

Belgium have got a wealth of forward options, but they're aging in all the wrong places. Vertonghen has looked like an oil tanker trying to race a super yacht on a number of occasions already.

Italy seem to have that x factor that England had at the last World Cup. The players are a bit of a motley crew but have this chemistry with each other and the manager that takes them beyond the level you would expect of the players on paper.

The Dutch are dynamic and exciting going forward but are very weak at the back, the Germans will keep getting better as the tournament goes on, they certainly have the players to win it.

So far I don't feel England have clicked, and they haven't for the last year in the Nations League or friendlies they've played for the most part. Rice and Mount have been pretty anonymous so far which doesn't help, but if they can get their act together today I believe they can challenge.

I don't think the defence is particularly weak. Three of the players picked in the last game played in European finals and were important players. Trippier won La Liga title, we still haven't seen Chilwell who has been key for Chelsea this season. Completely agree with you on Mings, think he's been outstanding and deserves to keep his place.

I'm not that confident of our chances overall, mainly because I just don't think the team are set up the right way. I can see why Southgate has done what he's done, but I think it's too cautious. If we can get the ball to Kane today then we can get him off the mark and it's possible to start to build some momentum again, but has to start today.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 12:20 - Jun 22 with 623 viewsBlueBlood90

It's all about the round of 16 game.

If we win the group we're likely to play Germany or France at Wembley next week which is extremely difficult.

However if we did get through that then we're likely to face a Sweden or Spain in the QF and most likely Holland in the SF so if we win the round of 16 I do think we should be getting to the final.

BIG if though isn't it....

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Apart from the Germans bashing Portugal, on 14:31 - Jun 22 with 537 viewsOldboy

We will win 3-1 tonight and top the group. We will then beat Portugal and their little winker on the way to winning Euro 2020 on a barmy summers evening at Wembley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024