Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Convincing 21:14 - Jul 3 with 863 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Well done England and especially Southgate for getting them playing as a team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Convincing on 21:22 - Jul 3 with 843 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I presume those criticising Kane last match (and Sterling at the start of the tournament) are really eating humble pie now too.

Convincing on 21:26 - Jul 3 with 828 viewsSwansea_Blue

The team ethic is probably the most impressive thing tbh. And the players on the bench just slot in, just like Mings did in the group stage and Grealish coming on to immediately create and assist, etc. No real superstars (although Kane obviously top quality), but we look so well drilled and everyone on the same page.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Convincing on 21:42 - Jul 3 with 812 viewsChrisd

Much more like it. Was a little concerned after Kane’s first goal, we seemed to drop off and we lost our tempo which allowed them into it more. Half time came at the right time and those 2 quick goals after break were a big bonus. Certainly look a side playing with increased confidence and look very assured- a very professional performance. Bring on the Danes!!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 21:51]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Convincing on 21:51 - Jul 3 with 797 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Great to see Chris Powell involved too. Didn't realise he was until I saw him tonight.

Convincing on 21:53 - Jul 3 with 779 viewsChrisd

Convincing on 21:51 - Jul 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Great to see Chris Powell involved too. Didn't realise he was until I saw him tonight.

One of the footballing good guys.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Convincing on 21:53 - Jul 3 with 778 viewsMetal_Hacker

Proud innit

Poll: If it were one or the other

Convincing on 21:58 - Jul 3 with 768 viewsBarcaBlue

The Spanish commentators were in raptures. Really impressed in our sudden change of pace, the strength in depth, the youth, the solidity, the pressing.....I could go on as they did.
Convincing on 22:37 - Jul 3 with 723 viewsBlueForYou

What happens when you press into the opponents half & have a positive game plan! Where were the long back passes to the keeper, the passing along our own penalty area, & our striker totally isolated? Why were there no calamity goals given away? I’m feeling lost, I’ve nothing to complain about..!!
Login to get fewer ads

Convincing on 23:54 - Jul 3 with 664 viewsRamRob

Got to say the difference this defence makes to enjoying watching England is immense when compared to previous years, in the last two games when Sterling and then Walker both misplaced passes Stones had the chance to lunge in to win the ball and both times he backed off. No doubt if he had gone for the tackle both times it would have been a free kick and possibly a red card. In the past it would have been last ditch defending

The decision making has been so much better by the central defenders, and not panicking

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Convincing on 00:44 - Jul 4 with 622 viewsquirkie

Good to see but come on, every side England have faced so far have been garbage.

Actually think Denmark will be the 1st team that will actually give them a game. If England get past that then heaven hope them against the Italians next Sunday.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Convincing on 01:23 - Jul 4 with 586 viewsjeera

Convincing on 00:44 - Jul 4 by quirkie

Good to see but come on, every side England have faced so far have been garbage.

Actually think Denmark will be the 1st team that will actually give them a game. If England get past that then heaven hope them against the Italians next Sunday.

Are you supposed to be on some kind of wind up fella?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Convincing on 02:59 - Jul 4 with 549 viewsistanblue

Convincing on 00:44 - Jul 4 by quirkie

Tbf Scotland probably should've beaten us. Pickford made some very good saves to keep it 0-0.
Convincing on 10:06 - Jul 4 with 434 viewsChurchman

Convincing on 21:22 - Jul 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I presume those criticising Kane last match (and Sterling at the start of the tournament) are really eating humble pie now too.

Oh I am. A great big slice with a dollop of cream with regard to HK in particular. He looked a shadow of the player I’d seen a couple of years ago at Wembley in the 5-0 Czech drubbing.

In the group games, Kane looked leaden and static. He’s of course played much better in the last two helped by good service from the likes of Shaw. Stirling blows a bit hot and cold for me. He’s hot at the moment! In the first game he gave the ball away far too easily so I was giving him the verbal hammer …. then he scored. Ooops. Oh well, wrong again 👍🏻.

As for the view that England haven’t played anyone any good yet, really? With the exception of N Macedonia (best kit award) and Scotland (buying all those England opposition shirts must be getting expensive for them), the rest of the teams have looked decent and all have had their moments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024