Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christian Horner... wow just wow 18:34 - Jul 30 with 3942 viewschrismakin

Shocking lack of understanding

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 18:48 - Jul 30 with 3106 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m probably being naive but has he said anything wrong here? He’s clearly not condoning the racism and spends the whole video saying how wrong it is. He was simply pointing out that Verstappen has been receiving abuse too online which clearly should also be dealt with.

It’s a nothing story. In fact it’s not even a story.. it’s a tweet with a few hundred likes.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 18:53 - Jul 30 with 3057 viewssolomon

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 18:48 - Jul 30 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m probably being naive but has he said anything wrong here? He’s clearly not condoning the racism and spends the whole video saying how wrong it is. He was simply pointing out that Verstappen has been receiving abuse too online which clearly should also be dealt with.

It’s a nothing story. In fact it’s not even a story.. it’s a tweet with a few hundred likes.

The whole thing is being hi jacked now, it’s getting beyond a joke, people need to realise that both Toto and Christian are two cheeks of the same arse, they’ll do absolutely anything to win, just like their drivers. F1 is a bit of a charade, now moto GP that a much better proposition altogether.
Christian Horner... wow just wow on 18:53 - Jul 30 with 3048 viewschrismakin

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 18:48 - Jul 30 by The_Romford_Blue

It's been covered a fair bit more than that 1 tweet tbh.

Imo you simply can not bring up someones abuse over a statement when you are comparing it against racist abuse. Verstappen was abused for moaning about Hamilton celebrating a win. ( abuse is wrong of course )
You cant simply say you dont condone racist abuse and throw in... "but max got abused too" Not for the colour of his skin he wasnt!

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 18:54 - Jul 30 with 3029 viewsChondzoresk

Nothing to see really. MV probably received abuse for his part in the British Grand Prix incident with LH. By the way, Horner is a whining, moaning tw@t.
Christian Horner... wow just wow on 19:09 - Jul 30 with 2943 viewscaptainfantastic

What's wrong with this? he's said he doesnt condone the racist abuse lewis is getting, and that also max is being abused online?

Poll: player of the season so far?

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 19:15 - Jul 30 with 2910 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 18:53 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

It's been covered a fair bit more than that 1 tweet tbh.

Imo you simply can not bring up someones abuse over a statement when you are comparing it against racist abuse. Verstappen was abused for moaning about Hamilton celebrating a win. ( abuse is wrong of course )
You cant simply say you dont condone racist abuse and throw in... "but max got abused too" Not for the colour of his skin he wasnt!

No but you’re missing the point. He’s mentioned ‘Max also received abuse too by the way’ as a throwaway comment to highlight how prominent abuse via social media has become. He’s not trying to deflect the issue away from the racist abuse but rather trying to show just how disgustingly common online abuse is nowadays and how the problem needs to be tackled.

At the end of the day, it’s a 20 second video and he spends roughly 19 seconds talking about how disgusting the racist abuse of Hamilton is. That tweet and any suggestion that he’s trying to defend the racism is frankly bang out of order.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 19:36 - Jul 30 with 2774 viewschrismakin

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 19:15 - Jul 30 by The_Romford_Blue

No but you’re missing the point. He’s mentioned ‘Max also received abuse too by the way’ as a throwaway comment to highlight how prominent abuse via social media has become. He’s not trying to deflect the issue away from the racist abuse but rather trying to show just how disgustingly common online abuse is nowadays and how the problem needs to be tackled.

At the end of the day, it’s a 20 second video and he spends roughly 19 seconds talking about how disgusting the racist abuse of Hamilton is. That tweet and any suggestion that he’s trying to defend the racism is frankly bang out of order.

Sorry but I'll have to disagree. You simply cant discuss racial abuse and throw in a comment of "oh and btw max...

Doesnt matter if he stood there for an hour saying he doesnt condone racism. As soon he puts in the "oh and btw max...he may aswell have said all lives matter.

Its everything Lewis is fighting for.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 20:30]

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 19:45 - Jul 30 with 2715 viewsgtsb1966

If there is ever a case of people trying to make a fuss about nothing this is it. Absolutely ridiculous.
Login to get fewer ads

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:22 - Jul 30 with 2503 viewsWD19

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 19:36 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

Sorry but I'll have to disagree. You simply cant discuss racial abuse and throw in a comment of "oh and btw max...

Doesnt matter if he stood there for an hour saying he doesnt condone racism. As soon he puts in the "oh and btw max...he may aswell have said all lives matter.

The word ‘but’ didn’t feature.

What did feature were words like “don’t condone in any way”.

Horner appears to be a bell, but there is absolutely nothing to see here.
Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:29 - Jul 30 with 2471 viewschrismakin

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:22 - Jul 30 by WD19

The word ‘but’ didn’t feature.

What did feature were words like “don’t condone in any way”.

Horner appears to be a bell, but there is absolutely nothing to see here.

Sorry. "And by the way max"... it's basically the same. ( I shall edit my last piece)
Taking the seriousness of the abuse aimed at lewis and bringing in Max's, like it's a level playing field. It's simply not. It wasnt about max it was about the racial abuse received.

I'm glad I'm not alone in finding it shocking. Plenty of people rightfully online calling him out on it.

It's interesting to learn aswell that they allowed max to tweet about his anger of lewis celebrating whilst he went to hospital etc... but failed to let him know that the team told Mercedes that he was absolutely fine. Hence merc telling lewis he was ok. Without max and redbulls post race comments the abuse towards lewis Maywell have been a lot less.

Imagine if he was damning homophobic abuse and then said oh and btw max was abused for being straight.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 20:39]

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:36 - Jul 30 with 2421 viewssolomon

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 19:36 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

Do you feel the abuse of MV is un worthy of criticism?
Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:36 - Jul 30 with 2422 viewsbluefunk

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:29 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

Sorry. "And by the way max"... it's basically the same. ( I shall edit my last piece)
Taking the seriousness of the abuse aimed at lewis and bringing in Max's, like it's a level playing field. It's simply not. It wasnt about max it was about the racial abuse received.

I'm glad I'm not alone in finding it shocking. Plenty of people rightfully online calling him out on it.

It's interesting to learn aswell that they allowed max to tweet about his anger of lewis celebrating whilst he went to hospital etc... but failed to let him know that the team told Mercedes that he was absolutely fine. Hence merc telling lewis he was ok. Without max and redbulls post race comments the abuse towards lewis Maywell have been a lot less.

Imagine if he was damning homophobic abuse and then said oh and btw max was abused for being straight.

So let me see if I’ve understood you - no matter how many times, or for how long, someone says, (and I’m summarising) this is unacceptable, a few words adding additional facts, not opinion, render him racist.

Oh do have a day off, we get that you want to demonstrate that you aren’t a racist, you don’t have to carry on this nonsense
Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:43 - Jul 30 with 2367 viewschrismakin

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:36 - Jul 30 by bluefunk

So let me see if I’ve understood you - no matter how many times, or for how long, someone says, (and I’m summarising) this is unacceptable, a few words adding additional facts, not opinion, render him racist.

Oh do have a day off, we get that you want to demonstrate that you aren’t a racist, you don’t have to carry on this nonsense

Bizarre dont know why I need to show I'm not a racist. Never posted anything to make me appear one? So not sure what or even why you're implying it.

Also... I havent called Horner a racist. My thoughts and that shared by many others is that at his level he should be aware of what he is saying on such an important topic.

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:45 - Jul 30 with 2358 viewschrismakin

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:36 - Jul 30 by solomon

Do you feel the abuse of MV is un worthy of criticism?

On its own merit as part of it's own discussion yes its completely right to discuss it.

Nah, no 'wow' here. on 20:58 - Jul 30 with 2311 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nothing to see.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:58 - Jul 30 with 2311 viewsWD19

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:29 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

I am not sure your analogy works.

What you are describing is two blokes being abused for their sexuality. Which is basically….erm….2 blokes being abused for their sexuality…..which by definition is presumably equal. Unless you think that sexualities are somehow unequal!?

Anyway….I’m not sure it works.
Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:06 - Jul 30 with 2276 viewschrismakin

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:58 - Jul 30 by WD19

I am not sure your analogy works.

What you are describing is two blokes being abused for their sexuality. Which is basically….erm….2 blokes being abused for their sexuality…..which by definition is presumably equal. Unless you think that sexualities are somehow unequal!?

Anyway….I’m not sure it works.

Fair play. Bad example. But excellently questioned by yourself.

My point was lewis was abused for his skin colour. Max was abused because of his disgust at lewis, not his skin colour and therefore it's wrong to effectively compare the two as equal abuses which is what he did by trying to deflect the situation into a abuse comparison, He may not have meant to but he did it. Hence why horner is trending and many people feeling the same about it.

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:13 - Jul 30 with 2234 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:45 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

On its own merit as part of it's own discussion yes its completely right to discuss it.

Nonsense.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:17 - Jul 30 with 2203 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:06 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

My point was lewis was abused for his skin colour. Max was abused because of his disgust at lewis, not his skin colour and therefore it's wrong to effectively compare the two as equal abuses which is what he did by trying to deflect the situation into a abuse comparison, He may not have meant to but he did it. Hence why horner is trending and many people feeling the same about it.

At no point did he suggest they were equal. He simply mentioned max as a side not.

He clearly focussed on Lewis, and stated numerous times that he didn't condone the abuse. It was clear that he was focussed on the racial abuse aimed at Lewis, but with a nod to max.

He was perfectly right to discuss it all, Max's mental health is also important, as is everyone's.

Has Lewis raised any objection to this?

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:19 - Jul 30 with 2186 viewssolomon

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 20:45 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

Discuss it or criticise it? (Bear in mind all forms of abuse should be roundly rejected by all decent people)
Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:20 - Jul 30 with 2170 viewschrismakin

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:13 - Jul 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nonsense.

Not at all.

The below has started to pop up... exactly what horner wanted and shows how quick the attention moves from Hamilton's racist abuse received to max and his. What happens next? Probably more abuse for lewis....

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:23 - Jul 30 with 2151 viewssolomon

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:06 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

Yes but he didn’t say it was equal, he simply said Max has received abuse too, which is a fact which needs to be addressed as well.
Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:23 - Jul 30 with 2150 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:20 - Jul 30 by chrismakin

Not at all.

The below has started to pop up... exactly what horner wanted and shows how quick the attention moves from Hamilton's racist abuse received to max and his. What happens next? Probably more abuse for lewis....

More nonsense I'm afraid.

Stop with the conspiracy theories.

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:24 - Jul 30 with 2142 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:23 - Jul 30 by solomon

Yes but he didn’t say it was equal, he simply said Max has received abuse too, which is a fact which needs to be addressed as well.

Indeed.

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:26 - Jul 30 with 2133 viewschrismakin

Christian Horner... wow just wow on 21:23 - Jul 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

More nonsense I'm afraid.

Stop with the conspiracy theories.

No conspiracy MM. As you always say. It's ok to disagree.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024