Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowley unpopular opinion 09:08 - Aug 14 with 1337 viewsNorfolkBlue1

I really like him.

Seems a really down to earth chap, certainly slightly bitter towards us but wouldn’t you be?
Cowley unpopular opinion on 09:13 - Aug 14 with 1293 viewsBlueNomad

I want us to go down there and utterly humiliate them.

Does that answer your question?
Cowley unpopular opinion on 09:27 - Aug 14 with 1231 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not the most controversial opinion really.

Cowley is generally well liked in football, and probably still is by most fans, has just got on the nerves of some for references to Ipswich.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cowley unpopular opinion on 09:38 - Aug 14 with 1189 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Yeah he seems like a good guy. He's just doing his job at the end of the day.

That said I really wanna beat Portsmouth now

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Cowley unpopular opinion on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 1162 viewsChurchman

Did a brilliant job at Lincoln, sacked by Huddersfield, I find him a bit irritating and did before he started getting a bee in his bonnet about ITFC. Don’t know why; just something about him.

I’m glad he’s not manager here though I do think he’ll do a good job at Portsmouth.
Cowley unpopular opinion on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 1161 viewscooperd5

Me too, he drones on a bit but that will pass.
I hope we do a decent double over them this season, not because of him but because I got soaked waiting for the park & ride bus at Fratton Park after a dire 1.0 loss and also cos I got frozen at a grim PR as we got humiliated 2.0.
I know why on 09:52 - Aug 14 with 1134 viewsDyland

Cowley unpopular opinion on 09:46 - Aug 14 by Churchman

Did a brilliant job at Lincoln, sacked by Huddersfield, I find him a bit irritating and did before he started getting a bee in his bonnet about ITFC. Don’t know why; just something about him.

I’m glad he’s not manager here though I do think he’ll do a good job at Portsmouth.

It's his awkward 14 year old hair style.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Cowley unpopular opinion on 09:56 - Aug 14 with 1122 viewstractordownsouth

He’s a very good manager, he just has an annoying voice.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Cowley unpopular opinion on 10:40 - Aug 14 with 1020 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Cowley unpopular opinion on 09:38 - Aug 14 by BlueandTruesince82

Yeah he seems like a good guy. He's just doing his job at the end of the day.

That said I really wanna beat Portsmouth now

It’s more their fans I think than cowley.
Will be a great couple of games I’m sure. Needless to say both sets of players will be fired up, and the touch line.
Login to get fewer ads

Cowley unpopular opinion on 11:09 - Aug 14 with 963 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I probably have a bit of an irrational dislike of him, which stems back to the Cup games against us and that Cup run. I hated that the BBC kept banging on about the romance of the cup when in practice they had a pub bouncer up front elbowing anybody that came within 5 yards of him.

Told you it was irrational 🤣🤣🤣

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Cowley unpopular opinion on 12:31 - Aug 14 with 798 viewsLightworker

I tend to agree, I think he is a decent sort who operates with a lot of integrity. Lets be honest, our handling of the Jacobs / Morrell situation was not pretty and we really got what we deserved in the end.

Cowley could have made much more of it than he did and really stuck the boot in but he mostly referred to us as 'another club' rather than calling us out directly. Imagine if it was somebody like Steve Evans in the same scenario? It would have been very different.

That being said I really hope we beat them twice as I think he will secretly be gunning for us.
Cowley unpopular opinion on 13:25 - Aug 14 with 704 viewsquad

I'm the same. There's something about him I don't like or find irritating but don't know why. Maybe it's because there were a lot of Ipswich fans that would have preferred us to get the Cowleys and thought that Portsmouth were a dead cert for the play-offs last year etc...

I've got an inkling that Cook is and was the better option. Again I don't know why, but I think he will prove more successful in the long run.
Cowley unpopular opinion on 13:37 - Aug 14 with 677 viewsChrisd

Lets not forget, he might have been sacked by Huddersfield but he got them out of the huge Championship relegation hole they were in at the time.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 13:49]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024