Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO the Woolfie haters 15:17 - Aug 17 with 1584 viewsJackSted

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:23 - Aug 17 with 1488 viewsJ2BLUE

Who hates him? This is the sort of BS we need to stop. There's 5% at either extreme and then the 90% in the middle. There can be grey areas. We all want him to succeed. Some are yet to be convinced while also acknowledging he's never really had a fair trial in a decent side.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:27 - Aug 17 with 1435 viewshomer_123

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:23 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

Who hates him? This is the sort of BS we need to stop. There's 5% at either extreme and then the 90% in the middle. There can be grey areas. We all want him to succeed. Some are yet to be convinced while also acknowledging he's never really had a fair trial in a decent side.

This - I can't say I've seen anyone state they 'hate' him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:32 - Aug 17 with 1386 viewsEsseeja

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:27 - Aug 17 by homer_123

This - I can't say I've seen anyone state they 'hate' him.

shameless hand raise here but my posts on him post-Northampton...

YIkes.
Still think we need someone to replace him in the position, Burgess could debut in that position to see how competition in that position fairs.
FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:36 - Aug 17 with 1364 viewsfranz_tyson

Interceptions are only one part of a defenders job.

Even his most ardent supporters say he needs an experienced head beside him which means even they think he has some flaws.

If he continually gets singled out for criticism it will affect his game but if he continually gets told he’s great then he won’t iron out his mistakes or improve his laidback attitude.

With these new CB’s he’ll have to fight for a place in the side. That should be a good incentive for him.
FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:38 - Aug 17 with 1331 viewsJackSted

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:23 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

No worries boss should I change the header to "FAO the people who have suddenly decided that Luke Woolfenden, our faithful ITFC center back, is our new scapegoat"

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:43 - Aug 17 with 1281 viewsJ2BLUE

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:38 - Aug 17 by JackSted

No worries boss should I change the header to "FAO the people who have suddenly decided that Luke Woolfenden, our faithful ITFC center back, is our new scapegoat"

That's not true either is it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:47 - Aug 17 with 1249 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

For 'all' read 'both'...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:55 - Aug 17 with 1189 viewsNthsuffolkblue

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:32 - Aug 17 by Esseeja

shameless hand raise here but my posts on him post-Northampton...

YIkes.
Still think we need someone to replace him in the position, Burgess could debut in that position to see how competition in that position fairs.

Thinking he is not good enough is far from hating him.

I would love him to succeed and take us to the Premier League and be a top defender for England. I want all our players to succeed and especially those who have come through the ranks. When he played v Blackburn in Hurst's first game I was very impressed.

However, it is also fair to say that he has been less than impressive so far this season. Maybe he has made more interceptions than any other defender in League 1 and that is good. However, he has been a major part of a defence that has conceded 4 goals to two sides that we should not be losing to.

He has a lot of developing to do still and I do not think we can afford for him to be doing that in our first team at present. He is now second back up to our first choice CB pairing. Hopefully this will enable him enough pitch time and training with better players to develop.

In short, I don't think he is good enough for where we want to be. I think he is fine as a back up for us where we are. I most certainly don't hate him and I would love him to prove me wrong.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:58 - Aug 17 with 1156 viewsMattinLondon

Not intended as a dig towards the OP - but why do people become a ‘hater’ simply because you might well criticise a player. Criticising a player doesn’t envy mean you don’t rate them, simply could mean that you think that they can do much better.
FAO the Woolfie haters on 16:32 - Aug 17 with 969 viewsEsseeja

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:55 - Aug 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thinking he is not good enough is far from hating him.

I would love him to succeed and take us to the Premier League and be a top defender for England. I want all our players to succeed and especially those who have come through the ranks. When he played v Blackburn in Hurst's first game I was very impressed.

However, it is also fair to say that he has been less than impressive so far this season. Maybe he has made more interceptions than any other defender in League 1 and that is good. However, he has been a major part of a defence that has conceded 4 goals to two sides that we should not be losing to.

He has a lot of developing to do still and I do not think we can afford for him to be doing that in our first team at present. He is now second back up to our first choice CB pairing. Hopefully this will enable him enough pitch time and training with better players to develop.

In short, I don't think he is good enough for where we want to be. I think he is fine as a back up for us where we are. I most certainly don't hate him and I would love him to prove me wrong.

Seriously, just take a look at how hard I lashed out at him post-Northampton, I actually used the phrase "the worst individual performance ever", I meant that at the time. I was so angry when he missed the headers for both of those corner goals. I've held a little grudge inside of me ever since that game that I have tried so hard to shake off because I know he has a good player in him.
I do agree that he isn't good enough at the moment though, he was always a good interceptor, but everything else is below par for me.
FAO the Woolfie haters on 17:06 - Aug 17 with 796 viewsIllinoisblue

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:58 - Aug 17 by MattinLondon

Not intended as a dig towards the OP - but why do people become a ‘hater’ simply because you might well criticise a player. Criticising a player doesn’t envy mean you don’t rate them, simply could mean that you think that they can do much better.

Internet + football = no room for nuance

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

FAO the Woolfie haters on 17:12 - Aug 17 with 758 viewsHighgateBlue

Wolfie is a particular type of centre back, and this is one area in which his game certainly excels.
FAO the Woolfie haters on 17:33 - Aug 17 with 682 viewsTractorWood

FAO the Woolfie haters on 15:43 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

That's not true either is it?

This is becoming increasingly prevalent. A very small number of fans direct frustration and angst towards players and the club and then dozens of posters echo chamber how our fans are brats or invent things 'loads' of fans have said.

Boggles my mind.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024