Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on @chrismakin... 22:23 - Aug 17 with 826 viewsOriginalMarkyP

You have a lot more optimism than most.

Tell us why it's going to be ok.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:26 - Aug 17 with 792 viewsJ2BLUE

It's going to be ok because we're going to get a win in the next game or two and it will kickstart things. Not sure why so many are so happy to believe it's all going to go tits up after three games. Isn't form temporary but class permanent? There is too much quality in this squad for this to continue. We are going to get a win soon and by the time we've payed 10 games we will be in the play off places.

Bookmark this and use it against me later if you want.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:28 - Aug 17 with 777 viewschrismakin

I just can't tonight

As good as the first half was in the way we controlled it without overly hurting Cheltenham, we should have been 2-0 up too.

However, that 2nd half was the worst I've seen from a manager in how to manage a game.
The areas to cover were obvious, how to hurt Cheltenham was obvious, how to defend the long throw was obvious, but he was to busy having laughs with jeffers on the sideline than concentrating on how to see the game out.

Massive loss of trust tonight.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:28 - Aug 17 with 758 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Didn't you see?

Makin finally cracked just after the whistle.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:30 - Aug 17 with 720 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:26 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

It's going to be ok because we're going to get a win in the next game or two and it will kickstart things. Not sure why so many are so happy to believe it's all going to go tits up after three games. Isn't form temporary but class permanent? There is too much quality in this squad for this to continue. We are going to get a win soon and by the time we've payed 10 games we will be in the play off places.

Two homes games against the two Wimbledons are crucial.

Sept is not a great run of fixtures.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:31 - Aug 17 with 702 viewsJ2BLUE

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:30 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Two homes games against the two Wimbledons are crucial.

Sept is not a great run of fixtures.

Agree

Truly impaired.

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:33 - Aug 17 with 689 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:28 - Aug 17 by chrismakin

I just can't tonight

As good as the first half was in the way we controlled it without overly hurting Cheltenham, we should have been 2-0 up too.

However, that 2nd half was the worst I've seen from a manager in how to manage a game.
The areas to cover were obvious, how to hurt Cheltenham was obvious, how to defend the long throw was obvious, but he was to busy having laughs with jeffers on the sideline than concentrating on how to see the game out.

I really hope he restores that trust.

Because there have been a lot of people here who have put a lot of faith in him. Faith he isn't repaying at the moment.

I'm more cynical by nature and always have called out things that didn't sit right with me about Cook from the start, although I too desperately want him to succeed, in that I want anyone at Ipswich to succeed. But a lot of decent fans have backed him 110% and he needs to start giving them more in return.

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:34 - Aug 17 with 637 viewsCoastalblue

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:26 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

Why are you so confident? I wish I shared that optimism but there's an awful lot more to a succesful football team than quality players in the squad. Tonight was the worst for a long while for me, the game was there to be won and stupid things cost us, not stupid things the players did either.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:34 - Aug 17 with 636 viewsreusersfreekicks

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:28 - Aug 17 by chrismakin

I just can't tonight

Was he really doing that?
Login to get fewer ads

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:37 - Aug 17 with 589 viewschrismakin

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:34 - Aug 17 by reusersfreekicks

Was he really doing that?

Yeah, a few times actually, really annoyed me.

And with the old fella, no idea who he was... gk coach? looked about 70 mind you.

Also found it strange he was sat in the dugout 2/3 minutes on his own before the 2nd half kicked off.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:39 - Aug 17 with 549 viewsreusersfreekicks

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:37 - Aug 17 by chrismakin

Yeah, a few times actually, really annoyed me.

And with the old fella, no idea who he was... gk coach? looked about 70 mind you.

Also found it strange he was sat in the dugout 2/3 minutes on his own before the 2nd half kicked off.

Will you ever be the same again after this let down by the man you have so unquestioningly applauded?
Come on @chrismakin... on 22:40 - Aug 17 with 526 viewsJ2BLUE

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:34 - Aug 17 by Coastalblue

Why are you so confident? I wish I shared that optimism but there's an awful lot more to a succesful football team than quality players in the squad. Tonight was the worst for a long while for me, the game was there to be won and stupid things cost us, not stupid things the players did either.

I expect our first choice defence to eventually be KVY Edmundson Burgess/Wolf Coulson. Penney has played well but I think Coulson will eventually get in. That's a solid backline. I think eventually we will be defensively sound.

People keep saying gelling is not an excuse but the way I have seen the games, there has been too much sideways passing and playing it behind people rather than for them to run on to. Once this all clicks a bit I think we'll be lethal going forward. Edwards looks quality. We have a lot of player really good on the ball now. I wish people would just give it 7 more league games. It's not much to ask but some seem desperate to turn early. I understand the doubts, I really do, but surely 10 league games with his own squad is the least he deserves? He might well fail but I think we have the best squad in the league. If he does fail we can go and get a really decent manager to replace him and give them 30 games.

Surely Cook deserves 10 games? If Bonne hadn't missed an open goal the mood on here would be so different and we could have won by 4 or 5.

We just need that first win to get rolling IMO.

Truly impaired.

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:42 - Aug 17 with 500 viewsreusersfreekicks

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:40 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

I expect our first choice defence to eventually be KVY Edmundson Burgess/Wolf Coulson. Penney has played well but I think Coulson will eventually get in. That's a solid backline. I think eventually we will be defensively sound.

People keep saying gelling is not an excuse but the way I have seen the games, there has been too much sideways passing and playing it behind people rather than for them to run on to. Once this all clicks a bit I think we'll be lethal going forward. Edwards looks quality. We have a lot of player really good on the ball now. I wish people would just give it 7 more league games. It's not much to ask but some seem desperate to turn early. I understand the doubts, I really do, but surely 10 league games with his own squad is the least he deserves? He might well fail but I think we have the best squad in the league. If he does fail we can go and get a really decent manager to replace him and give them 30 games.

Surely Cook deserves 10 games? If Bonne hadn't missed an open goal the mood on here would be so different and we could have won by 4 or 5.

Bonne scores - 2-2 i reckon
Come on @chrismakin... on 22:43 - Aug 17 with 483 viewschrismakin

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:39 - Aug 17 by reusersfreekicks

Will you ever be the same again after this let down by the man you have so unquestioningly applauded?

Depends what he does, Always said i'd judge on this season and this season alone, and upto tonight as i've shared with a few posters, the fraser thing has bugged me but felt like it must be needs must kinda thing. But that 2nd half management took a large slice of trust away.

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:44 - Aug 17 with 477 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Perhaps the most worrying thing for me was they way Cheltenham dealt with Edwards.

1st half he was electric and a threat. But they sussed that out and marked him out of the game. We didn't have a look in after that. No counter to it. If we're going to be so easy for a team who played in League 2 last season to figure out we'll need to do a lot more than gel.

Come on @chrismakin... on 22:51 - Aug 17 with 417 viewsCoastalblue

I hope you're right, and I agree that he does need at least 10 games before he's judged, probably more in reality unless we are truly bombing.

I also agree that we should have a solid backline, and quality for this level all over the park, my concern is that the problems we faced tonight could and should have been addressed. I'm no tactical guru, far from it but there are things I could see tonight that PC either couldn't or ignored, that is a genuine worry for me.

I truly hope that after a few games the players will start to find their feet and quality will begin to tell, though longer term we will need more than just buying the best players for the level we are at.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024