Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC Women win again 18:39 - Sep 19 with 1596 viewsIpsRich

I know this isn't the first post on this subject today, but as I had a free Sunday afternoon I drove down to Felixstowe & Walton to watch the Women's team. £5 to get in and able to park metres from the ground itself; food and drink (incl beer) available and can be consumed in the view of the pitch too!
As for the football, Joe Sheehan and his coaching team have put together a really positive, creative team. Admittedly punching below their weight most weeks even a division higher - this is a team built around exciting youngsters with some experienced wiser heads around them. They attack with width, pace and intensity.
If you want to watch great football - played by an Ipswich Town team - at a great price, close to the action, with plenty of space for youngsters to run around if you wanted to bring them too (for free if they're under 16 and with an adult), then may I recommend you get along and support them.
There were just below 300 spectators there today - it really should be more. Yes I know the logistics aren't great being down the road in Felixstowe, but there really is no excuse for the numbers to not be much higher. As the chant goes, its more fun if we all join in.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 18:40]

Blog: [Blog] My ITFC Season 2012/13 Rules of Engagement

ITFC Women win again on 21:56 - Sep 19 with 1470 viewsFreddies_Ears

Agree 100%. There have been some narrow wins and some comfortable wins this season, but there's a real quality to their play, and absolute commitment. And it is a really good fan experience too... (for the youngsters, even an old-fashioned sweet shop).
ITFC Women win again on 00:09 - Sep 20 with 1392 viewsRyorry

It's just not physically possible to go for many of us. Would if I could.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

ITFC Women win again on 10:20 - Sep 20 with 1261 viewsIpsRich

ITFC Women win again on 00:09 - Sep 20 by Ryorry

Understand logistics won't make it possible for everyone. It was just a more general point for folk to take an interest and to get down to watch if they can.

ITFC Women win again on 10:52 - Sep 20 with 1225 viewsJammyDodgerrr

ITFC Women win again on 00:09 - Sep 20 by Ryorry

They really need to get them playing in Ipswich to be honest. Hopefully it will come next year after they win promotion again this season.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

ITFC Women win again on 10:57 - Sep 20 with 1216 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC Women win again on 10:52 - Sep 20 by JammyDodgerrr

They really need to get them playing in Ipswich to be honest. Hopefully it will come next year after they win promotion again this season.

I don't see the need - lovely set up down there, close to a train station and it's not realistic for them to play at Portman Road

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

ITFC Women win again on 10:57 - Sep 20 with 1217 viewsbaxterbasics

I'm up for making them my top team to follow. Imagine the difference it would make if enough of us did this. If I'm reading it right, next league up is the Championship, followed by the Super League, right? Let's get 'em there!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

ITFC Women win again on 10:59 - Sep 20 with 1205 viewsKeno

ITFC Women win again on 10:57 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

I don't see the need - lovely set up down there, close to a train station and it's not realistic for them to play at Portman Road

Do you think they might play some games at PR once the pitch is sorted out?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

ITFC Women win again on 11:02 - Sep 20 with 1190 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC Women win again on 10:59 - Sep 20 by Keno

Do you think they might play some games at PR once the pitch is sorted out?

Maybe if there is a big promotion decider there might be a chance, but for run of the mill games it just isn't worth it at this level.

A shame they aren't based in Ipswich, but there isn't the club here with the facilities like Felixstowe have in that regard

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC Women win again on 11:10 - Sep 20 with 1170 viewsIpsRich

ITFC Women win again on 11:02 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

Maybe if there is a big promotion decider there might be a chance, but for run of the mill games it just isn't worth it at this level.

A shame they aren't based in Ipswich, but there isn't the club here with the facilities like Felixstowe have in that regard

Thats what I've heard too re. playing at PR - likely to be 'big' games only *once* the pitch is upgraded. That being said though, if playing at F&W gives the team a competitive advantage as they're familiar with it, you'd be loath to play elsewhere.

ITFC Women win again on 11:10 - Sep 20 with 1168 viewsbaxterbasics

Could Playford Road accommodate, or be upgraded to this end? I've never actually been in there despite living quite close.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

ITFC Women win again on 11:11 - Sep 20 with 1165 viewsKeno

I'm not sure what other sports facilities there are in the Town that could accommodate them and in some respects getting to somewhere like Northgate (as an example) might not be as easy as the ground in Felixstowe

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

ITFC Women win again on 11:12 - Sep 20 with 1162 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC Women win again on 11:10 - Sep 20 by baxterbasics

Could Playford Road accommodate, or be upgraded to this end? I've never actually been in there despite living quite close.

It would have to be upgraded to do so, and there are a couple of pitches that could be upgraded to cover that with some seating etc there.......but that would be nowhere near as convenient, or as good a fan experience as where it is currently.

If we were to go into Ipswich it would likely be Ipswich Wanderers, I think the club helped lay their pitch at one point but doesn't seem to be much of a relationship currently

ITFC Women win again on 11:13 - Sep 20 with 1160 viewsTractorCam

Indeed, Humber Doucy Lane has decent facilities but not enough seats compared to Felixstowe and is well out of the way of the train station/ town centre.

No need to play at Portman Road as not worth it for say 500 fans, with costs of stewards. Not to forget you don't get to walk around and enjoy drinks inside like Rich mentioned.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

ITFC Women win again on 11:16 - Sep 20 with 1142 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC Women win again on 11:11 - Sep 20 by Keno

I'm not sure what other sports facilities there are in the Town that could accommodate them and in some respects getting to somewhere like Northgate (as an example) might not be as easy as the ground in Felixstowe

Yep, I think that is exactly it - the bigger non league clubs in the county that have invested just aren't based in Ipswich (Needham, Stowmarket, Leiston, Felixstowe, Bury, Sudbury, Lowestoft)

ITFC Women win again on 11:18 - Sep 20 with 1137 viewsIpsRich

ITFC Women win again on 10:57 - Sep 20 by baxterbasics

I'm up for making them my top team to follow. Imagine the difference it would make if enough of us did this. If I'm reading it right, next league up is the Championship, followed by the Super League, right? Let's get 'em there!

Correct - two promotions gets us to the Women's Super League. I think the issue this season is that only one team goes up from the Women's National Leagues via a playoff between the Southern and Northern league winners. Not sure if thats a one-off this season due to the covid promotions/relegations by application this season. Currently its us and Soton setting the pace in the Southern Division. Even if we were to beat them to top spot come the end of the season, we'd still have a playoff with a northern team to earn promotion. Bit harsh really.

ITFC Women win again on 11:23 - Sep 20 with 1102 viewsPhilTWTD

ITFC Women win again on 11:12 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

It would have to be upgraded to do so, and there are a couple of pitches that could be upgraded to cover that with some seating etc there.......but that would be nowhere near as convenient, or as good a fan experience as where it is currently.

If we were to go into Ipswich it would likely be Ipswich Wanderers, I think the club helped lay their pitch at one point but doesn't seem to be much of a relationship currently

The plan was that the reserves, as they were then, might play at Humber Doucy Lane but I don't think it ever happened. Was back in Alan Ferguson's day so was a while ago now.
ITFC Women win again on 11:26 - Sep 20 with 1086 viewsPhilTWTD

ITFC Women win again on 11:10 - Sep 20 by IpsRich

Thats what I've heard too re. playing at PR - likely to be 'big' games only *once* the pitch is upgraded. That being said though, if playing at F&W gives the team a competitive advantage as they're familiar with it, you'd be loath to play elsewhere.

Would definitely only be the odd game even once the pitch is refurbished, I think Mark Ashton said as much at the EGM.
ITFC Women win again on 11:45 - Sep 20 with 1038 viewsKesgrave_Exile

ITFC Women win again on 11:18 - Sep 20 by IpsRich

Correct - two promotions gets us to the Women's Super League. I think the issue this season is that only one team goes up from the Women's National Leagues via a playoff between the Southern and Northern league winners. Not sure if thats a one-off this season due to the covid promotions/relegations by application this season. Currently its us and Soton setting the pace in the Southern Division. Even if we were to beat them to top spot come the end of the season, we'd still have a playoff with a northern team to earn promotion. Bit harsh really.

The next step is WSL 2 so one promotion to the equivalent to the championship.

I would love the women's team to have their own specific stadium in Ipswich as this would be a sign that the club really do mean business when it comes to the women's team. But yes I think the set up at Felixstowe is adequate for now.
ITFC Women win again on 13:37 - Sep 20 with 927 viewsScottCandage

Final match is at home against Southampton - it will be us and them at the end, it very may well decide the league, THIS match should be at PR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024