Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Struggling, really struggling with this now 21:55 - Sep 14 with 1610 viewshype313

The last thing I wanted was to be thinking about a change of manager this early, but I cannot for the life of me see what improvements he has done? Where's his tactical nous?

Just think with all the money and incomings this job and club has overwhelmed him.

No more excuses now, Lincoln is a must win otherwise his job must be untenable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:00 - Sep 14 with 1470 viewsN2_Blue

He's sh*t, get rid.

I'm sorry i didn't see it last season. I was wrong then.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:00 - Sep 14 with 1437 viewsBigeze

We’re not beating Lincoln…..unless they have half a dozen sent off
Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:05 - Sep 14 with 1371 viewsjayessess

[breathe in, breathe out] Yes, that was rubbish. Yes, it's embarrassing. Yes, we've needlessly added to the big pile of negativity at the club, but... it was an under-strength team that was very obviously playing at friendly pace for most of the 2nd half. None of us will give a flying fck if we get a decent result at Lincoln.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:07 - Sep 14 with 1311 viewshype313

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:05 - Sep 14 by jayessess

[breathe in, breathe out] Yes, that was rubbish. Yes, it's embarrassing. Yes, we've needlessly added to the big pile of negativity at the club, but... it was an under-strength team that was very obviously playing at friendly pace for most of the 2nd half. None of us will give a flying fck if we get a decent result at Lincoln.

Here's hoping, I desperately want him to succeed but he's not helping himself

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:08 - Sep 14 with 1287 viewsN2_Blue

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

You think Cook wasn't trying to win that game. You think a team that need wins desperately and are playing for places just decided to coast at friendly pace and didn't care. Its such a blinkered view to fit your agenda. Open your eyes

There is a pattern here...almost every 2nd half under Cook has been dire, we get worse as games progress. That is very telling!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:09 - Sep 14 with 1251 viewspointofblue

What evidence have we got which suggests we'll get a decent result at Lincoln? Unless we fluke it like Hurst at Swansea.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:09 - Sep 14 with 1254 viewsjayessess

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:07 - Sep 14 by hype313

Here's hoping, I desperately want him to succeed but he's not helping himself

I think we could have done ourselves a big favour this evening and I can't recall when we've ever actually benefited from "cup rests", but all that matters is Saturday.

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:18 - Sep 14 with 1158 viewsMarkp68

Said from the outset that I was totally underwhelmed when Cook got the job. For me he’s been a good journeyman league manager but the task at Town coupled with the money and vision of the new owners is just too big for him. Modern football needs younger, modern managers who are flexible and don’t stick doggedly to one formation, one way of playing and refuse to change. Nothing has changed my opinion that Cook is, sadly, nit the man for the job
Login to get fewer ads

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:19 - Sep 14 with 1132 viewstimothyeo

People keep saying "its going south now quickly" - id argue it was never in a northerly direction to go south anyway!
Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:20 - Sep 14 with 1102 viewsHARRY10

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:08 - Sep 14 by N2_Blue

You think Cook wasn't trying to win that game. You think a team that need wins desperately and are playing for places just decided to coast at friendly pace and didn't care. Its such a blinkered view to fit your agenda. Open your eyes

There is a pattern here...almost every 2nd half under Cook has been dire, we get worse as games progress. That is very telling!

"almost every 2nd half under Cook has been dire"

The thought is not that Cook is doing something at half time - but that the other managers are.

They are able to identify what is working and what is not, and so change things round a bit for the 2nd half. That appears not to be the case with Cook.

His substitutions suggest they have been agreed before the game starts, rather than as any reaction to what is needed at the time.

Beat Lincoln, and so what ?

We need evidence that somehow the past 23 games have been some sort of aberration and lessons have been learnt. That Cook has grasped how to manage games and his coaches have learnt how to work on players mistakes.

Because without that happening, we will continue to be turned over, Not enough for us to be in a relegation scrap, but enough to keep us mid table at best.
Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:27 - Sep 14 with 1020 viewsjayessess

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:08 - Sep 14 by N2_Blue

Lol, my agenda. I spent all Summer being yelled at from the other side of the fence for not being positive enough about Cook!

My view was that a good manager generally improves the players at his disposal, whoever they may be and that tanking the end of last year was a bad sign, whatever you thought of the previous playing squad. People told me "oh no, it's the old players, they're all losers, nothing to do with Cook".

That's still my position. It's my position on tonight too, that even if you put out an under-strength side a good manager gets as much out of those players as they can.

But, I did also watch the game and the second half genuinely was played at friendly pace and I didn't get the impression we were much arsed until we were losing (as the starting line-up and subs also indicate). Personally I think binning off cup ties is usually a mistake, but Saturday's when we'll see.

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:30 - Sep 14 with 974 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:00 - Sep 14 by N2_Blue

He's sh*t, get rid.

I'm sorry i didn't see it last season. I was wrong then.

He had a better chance of promotion when he came in than right now!
Struggling, really struggling with this now on 22:45 - Sep 14 with 857 viewssidmouthblue

Club needs an exorcist before thinking of a new manager
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024