Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC Ladies 16:16 - Sep 19 with 1701 viewsAJblue

Wow, 11-2.

Its a shame not more is made of the ladies team on here.

Crecy

ITFC Ladies on 16:40 - Sep 19 with 1616 viewschrismakin

Be great when our pitch is done and we can have the ladies at PR.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

ITFC Ladies on 16:52 - Sep 19 with 1578 viewschrismakin

AJ, if the ladies get promoted, do they go into the same league as Chelsea, Arsenal ladies etc? no idea how the levels work in their game

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

ITFC Ladies on 17:02 - Sep 19 with 1541 viewsxrayspecs

Tbf, they get good coverage in the new stories and TWTD social media from Phil and the team.
ITFC Ladies on 17:09 - Sep 19 with 1531 viewsClapham_Junction

ITFC Ladies on 16:52 - Sep 19 by chrismakin

AJ, if the ladies get promoted, do they go into the same league as Chelsea, Arsenal ladies etc? no idea how the levels work in their game

If they get promoted, they'll be in the Championship, the second tier. You can see the current clubs in it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%80%9322_FA_Women%27s_Championship
ITFC Ladies on 17:54 - Sep 19 with 1428 viewsKesgrave_Exile

ITFC Ladies on 17:09 - Sep 19 by Clapham_Junction

If they get promoted, they'll be in the Championship, the second tier. You can see the current clubs in it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%80%9322_FA_Women%27s_Championship

The winners of the northern and southern leagues have a one off game to determine who gets promoted to WSL 2. It will be between us and Southampton for the Southern League if current form continues.

I would love to see the ladies have their own specific ground and use Portman Road for big games or season opener/ending. I went to the game last week and it's a great set up at Felixstowe but that's the problem they play 11 miles away from the town they represent.

I hope Ashton has a vision for the ladies team that includes their own stadium in Ipswich.
ITFC Ladies on 18:13 - Sep 19 with 1376 viewschrismakin

ITFC Ladies on 17:54 - Sep 19 by Kesgrave_Exile

The winners of the northern and southern leagues have a one off game to determine who gets promoted to WSL 2. It will be between us and Southampton for the Southern League if current form continues.

I would love to see the ladies have their own specific ground and use Portman Road for big games or season opener/ending. I went to the game last week and it's a great set up at Felixstowe but that's the problem they play 11 miles away from the town they represent.

I hope Ashton has a vision for the ladies team that includes their own stadium in Ipswich.

Do any ladies sides have their own stadium? I see West ham use Dagenham for example.

ITFC Ladies on 18:15 - Sep 19 with 1372 viewsJakeITFC

A shame for who?
ITFC Ladies on 18:16 - Sep 19 with 1367 viewschrismakin

ITFC Ladies on 18:15 - Sep 19 by JakeITFC

A shame for who?

The players and fans. I agree with the OP. It would be good for the site to have an itfc ladies tab. It's a big part of the club.

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC Ladies on 18:20 - Sep 19 with 1348 viewsParky

Wish them well of course, but I just can’t get into it.
ITFC Ladies on 18:24 - Sep 19 with 1333 viewsKesgrave_Exile

ITFC Ladies on 18:13 - Sep 19 by chrismakin

Do any ladies sides have their own stadium? I see West ham use Dagenham for example.

Chelsea have their own ground (AFC Wimbeldon's old ground), Man City, Liverpool as well I think. If we are serious about the womens team then a stadium in Ipswich is a minimum.
ITFC Ladies on 18:27 - Sep 19 with 1327 viewschrismakin

ITFC Ladies on 18:24 - Sep 19 by Kesgrave_Exile

Chelsea have their own ground (AFC Wimbeldon's old ground), Man City, Liverpool as well I think. If we are serious about the womens team then a stadium in Ipswich is a minimum.

Really. Blimey lots to learn.

I think it's fantastic we have a full-time women's side
My sister many years ago had trials for then. She was rubbish and didn't get picked but its good to see it become part of our new direction.

ITFC Ladies on 18:39 - Sep 19 with 1278 viewsIllinoisblue

ITFC Ladies on 18:20 - Sep 19 by Parky

Wish them well of course, but I just can’t get into it.

Help if they ever played a vaguely competitive game

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ITFC Ladies on 18:44 - Sep 19 with 1263 viewsSonOfSpock

We need to invest in a cricket scoreboard if they keep these scores going.
ITFC Ladies on 18:45 - Sep 19 with 1260 viewsBonchosBicycle

I completely agree and recall the new owners have said they see it as an important part of the club - backed up by the pro contracts earlier this year.

I wish the games were easier to see. They're totally showing the men how to do third tier football, and how to sail HMS Pisstheleague correctly.
ITFC Ladies on 19:26 - Sep 19 with 1175 viewsxrayspecs

ITFC Ladies on 18:24 - Sep 19 by Kesgrave_Exile

Very few women's teams use their club's main ground, apart from occasional high profile fixtures, and most play out of Town. In the top division, only Reading, Birmingham and Leicester share the ground with the men.

Arsenal (Borehamwood FC)
Aston Villa (Walsall FC)
Birmingham (Birmingham FC)
Brighton (Crawley FC)
Chelsea (former Kingsmeadow/AFC Wimbledon ground)
Everton (Liverpool Walton Hall Park)
Leicester (Leicester FC)
Man City (Man City Academy stadium)
Man United (Leigh Sports Village)
Reading (Reading FC)
Spurs (Barnet FC)
West Ham (Dagenham and Redbridge FC)
Liverpool (Tranmere FC)
ITFC Ladies on 20:09 - Sep 19 with 1117 viewsFreddies_Ears

It's Women, not Ladies! And they are ruddy superb. That was a huge win today - oppo weren't good, but the expectation was maybe a 3-4 goal margin. So, we outperformed quite spectacularly.
ITFC Ladies on 20:11 - Sep 19 with 1105 viewsPhilTWTD

ITFC Ladies on 18:16 - Sep 19 by chrismakin

The players and fans. I agree with the OP. It would be good for the site to have an itfc ladies tab. It's a big part of the club.

Reports/previews, signings etc are included in the regular news section.
ITFC Ladies on 20:14 - Sep 19 with 1097 viewsDurovigutum

ITFC Ladies on 18:13 - Sep 19 by chrismakin

Cambridge United use St Neots Town FCs ground, about 16 miles from Coldham Common, so not unusual.
ITFC Ladies on 08:31 - Sep 20 with 866 viewsIpswichKnight

You can see both us and Southampton going unbeaten and neither going up. It’s not healthy having 2 clubs so far better than everyone else and not being able to push them up the pyramid to play at a level they should be at. Having only 1 team go up from 40 clubs is appalling but the FAWPL and championship don’t want the status quo changed so try to avoid losing clubs to the 3rd tier and stop teams from coming up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024