Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? 15:16 - Oct 22 with 1021 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Erm, no. He was the last to arrive, if anything the players already here should be doing that for him.

Bit of an odd question whoever asked that (please don't let it be Phil, please don't let it be Phil).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:23 - Oct 22 with 981 viewsclive_baker

If the question was 'did', you might have more of a point.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:27 - Oct 22 with 961 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:23 - Oct 22 by clive_baker

If the question was 'did', you might have more of a point.

Hmm, no, did/does, my point still stands. Why would he have a role in helping players settle when they all arrived and started settling before him?

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:39 - Oct 22 with 918 viewsclive_baker

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:27 - Oct 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Hmm, no, did/does, my point still stands. Why would he have a role in helping players settle when they all arrived and started settling before him?

'Did' is past tense.

'Does' is current tense.

Surely settling into a new area is an ongoing process. Why can he not play a part in that?

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:43 - Oct 22 with 908 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:39 - Oct 22 by clive_baker

'Did' is past tense.

'Does' is current tense.

Surely settling into a new area is an ongoing process. Why can he not play a part in that?

Because... oh I give up, no you're right, it's entirely logical that someone having spent less time in a place should help those who've spent more time in that place settle.

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:46 - Oct 22 with 896 viewsclive_baker

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:43 - Oct 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Because... oh I give up, no you're right, it's entirely logical that someone having spent less time in a place should help those who've spent more time in that place settle.

I wouldn't fancy working with you if that's your attitude.

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:51 - Oct 22 with 869 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:46 - Oct 22 by clive_baker

I wouldn't fancy working with you if that's your attitude.

You'd love working with me. I make a great cup of tea.

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 16:01 - Oct 22 with 824 viewsKropotkin123

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:51 - Oct 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

You'd love working with me. I make a great cup of tea.

Can you make mine cold, with no sugar, milk or tea? The perfect cup of tea.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 16:03 - Oct 22 with 814 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 16:01 - Oct 22 by Kropotkin123

Can you make mine cold, with no sugar, milk or tea? The perfect cup of tea.

Make it?! I can go one better - I have a dispenser that dispenses it ready made!

Login to get fewer ads

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 16:28 - Oct 22 with 753 viewsGarv

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 15:43 - Oct 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think the club might recruit more players in the future.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 16:28 - Oct 22 with 750 viewsEwan_Oozami

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 16:03 - Oct 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Make it?! I can go one better - I have a dispenser that dispenses it ready made!

It's not a Nutrimatic Dispenser is it?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 17:35 - Oct 22 with 673 viewsColin_Viljoen

I thought Morsy was renting Chambers annex!!
Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 18:06 - Oct 22 with 631 viewsNeedhamChris

I started a new job on Monday this week. A new person joined the team on Thursday. I’m the more senior member of staff and I’m expected to support their induction and help them settle in.

Is it more challenging? Yes
Should I still be expected to do it? Also yes

I don’t see why the logic here would be any different.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 18:42 - Oct 22 with 591 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 18:06 - Oct 22 by NeedhamChris

I started a new job on Monday this week. A new person joined the team on Thursday. I’m the more senior member of staff and I’m expected to support their induction and help them settle in.

Is it more challenging? Yes
Should I still be expected to do it? Also yes

I don’t see why the logic here would be any different.

The problem is, in your analogy the new person started after you. That's my point, Morsy was the new starter on Thursday!

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 18:46 - Oct 22 with 579 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 16:28 - Oct 22 by Garv

I think the club might recruit more players in the future.

They weren't talking about future signings. The context (in the Morsy made captain story) is lots of new players settling in this season and taking time to get up to speed.

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 18:55 - Oct 22 with 558 viewsOldboy

Does Morsy have a role in helping his team-mates settle in at the club? on 18:46 - Oct 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

They weren't talking about future signings. The context (in the Morsy made captain story) is lots of new players settling in this season and taking time to get up to speed.

Sod um. Let them find their own way. Every man for himself.
That's the best way of building team spirit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024