Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby’s debts worse than first revealed 17:40 - Nov 21 with 1861 viewsElderGrizzly

Only £630k in the bank, £83m in debt, £29m owed to the taxman and a further £153m owed to Mel Morris.

Morris is apparently forgiving his portion

Ouch

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:42 - Nov 21 with 1829 viewsfactual_blue

Would that be 'well-run Derby' beloved of some erstwhile posters?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:46 - Nov 21 with 1793 viewsSwansea_Blue

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:42 - Nov 21 by factual_blue

That’s the one. No great surprise to see this, given how they tried to spend their way out of the league without the benefit of parachute payments. A mug’s game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:49 - Nov 21 with 1763 viewsgtsb1966

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:46 - Nov 21 by Swansea_Blue

That’s the one. No great surprise to see this, given how they tried to spend their way out of the league without the benefit of parachute payments. A mug’s game.

What about their fans. Anyone got sympathy for them. I have.
Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:53 - Nov 21 with 1737 viewsBlueBadger

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:46 - Nov 21 by Swansea_Blue

In a very real way, it looks like they've done that this season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 18:42 - Nov 21 with 1628 viewsITFC_Forever

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:49 - Nov 21 by gtsb1966

Most but not all.

The everyday normal ones will be worried sick, the “we’ve got the EFL on strings brigade” get what they deserve.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 19:07 - Nov 21 with 1558 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:42 - Nov 21 by factual_blue

We should've been spend spend spend like them I thought?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 19:35 - Nov 21 with 1467 viewsIllinoisblue

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 18:42 - Nov 21 by ITFC_Forever

Most but not all.

The everyday normal ones will be worried sick, the “we’ve got the EFL on strings brigade” get what they deserve.

And even the ones that are worried… how many clubs actually really do fold? Their problems are clearly serious but no doubt the debts will get restructured and they’ll live to fight another day.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 00:35 - Nov 22 with 1209 viewsloftboy

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 19:35 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

And even the ones that are worried… how many clubs actually really do fold? Their problems are clearly serious but no doubt the debts will get restructured and they’ll live to fight another day.

I’ve seen some comments from their fans assuming the HMRC will accept a % of what they’re owed, do they not realise that this is money that could go towards the NHS or education etc etc. surely this debt should be satisfied completely before anything else?
Login to get fewer ads

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 07:15 - Nov 22 with 1016 viewsArnieM

The critical and most damaging debt is that £29m to IR. They can close down any business for unpaid taxes .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 11:22 - Nov 22 with 851 viewsvanmunt

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 00:35 - Nov 22 by loftboy

I’ve seen some comments from their fans assuming the HMRC will accept a % of what they’re owed, do they not realise that this is money that could go towards the NHS or education etc etc. surely this debt should be satisfied completely before anything else?

HMRC do not, as far as I am aware, accept any reduction. First person to get paid before everyone else is always the HMRC.
Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 11:28 - Nov 22 with 838 viewsSwansea_Blue

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 17:49 - Nov 21 by gtsb1966

Well yeah, of course. I wouldn't be too happy if someone came in and ran us badly building up huge debts that put the future of the club at risk. That was my beef with Evans, albeit the fact the debt was internalised made it less of a risk. But until such time we knew ME would write the debt off it still put us in a vulnerable situation.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 11:35 - Nov 22 with 816 viewshype313

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 11:22 - Nov 22 by vanmunt

HMRC do not, as far as I am aware, accept any reduction. First person to get paid before everyone else is always the HMRC.

It would also set a dangerous precedence if they said % in the pound, the reason why it is so dangerous to be in trouble with HMRC is the fact that that they don't mess around, and rightly so.

Mel Morris has got himself and the club in a terrible situation, and whilst he is a fan at heart, he is also a businessman and should have known the serious of the consequences.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 12:30 - Nov 22 with 712 viewsHorseboy

Derby’s debts worse than first revealed on 07:15 - Nov 22 by ArnieM

The critical and most damaging debt is that £29m to IR. They can close down any business for unpaid taxes .

Why would they do that and then get nothing? Liquidation will be avoided even if HMRC take a hit, these negotiations are probably happening right now or already down the road.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024