Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Gillingham then 16:30 - Feb 3 with 3909 viewsclive_baker

What are you folks saying? I really hope he reverts back to Bonne and Norwood, I thought they were starting to show some promise until Bolton.

Walton
Burns Donacien Woolfenden Edmundson Thompson
Evans Celina Aluko
Norwood Bonne

Maybe KVY in for Thompson but I can't see that KM will be all that convinced by Kane. Its quite an attacking midfield but with Evans sitting I would like to see us take it to Gillingham. If Evans isn't fit then probably Carroll in for him.

3-0 Town

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Team for Gillingham then on 16:41 - Feb 3 with 2702 viewsjayessess

That midfield is too soft.

I think we'll go the same as Sheffield Wednesday, but with Evans in for El Mizouni if he's fit.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Team for Gillingham then on 16:48 - Feb 3 with 2682 viewsclive_baker

Team for Gillingham then on 16:41 - Feb 3 by jayessess

That midfield is too soft.

I think we'll go the same as Sheffield Wednesday, but with Evans in for El Mizouni if he's fit.

I think we'll see so much of that ball that I would love to see 2 in the middle who can use it effectively and create. I think if Evans is in there to sit then I would go for it. I hear you but I'm not sure El Miz or Carroll really solve the softness anyway, so it would be Bakinson in for Aluko or Celina, but based off the Wednesday game I think we need to reshuffle the pack in the middle and up front.

Team for Gillingham then on 16:53 - Feb 3 with 2660 viewsTomTheWriter

Hopefully as close to the 4-0 fixture as possible. Thompson in for Penney and Idris or Carroll in for Morsy. Evans’ fitness will be key, but we’ve shown that Burns, Norwood, Bonne and Aluko can play through Gillingham with ease.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Team for Gillingham then on 16:53 - Feb 3 with 2661 viewsjayessess

Team for Gillingham then on 16:48 - Feb 3 by clive_baker

I think we'll see so much of that ball that I would love to see 2 in the middle who can use it effectively and create. I think if Evans is in there to sit then I would go for it. I hear you but I'm not sure El Miz or Carroll really solve the softness anyway, so it would be Bakinson in for Aluko or Celina, but based off the Wednesday game I think we need to reshuffle the pack in the middle and up front.

Think it's wildly overconfident to decide Gillingham are rubbish so we can do without a proper midfield. El Mizouni definitely solves the softness - statistically he makes more tackles and interceptions per 90 than Morsy does!

Team for Gillingham then on 16:56 - Feb 3 with 2652 viewsTractorFrog

I would go:
GK - Walton
CB - Donacien
CB - Woolfenden
CB - Edmundson
RWB - Burns
LWB - Thompson
CM - Evans (or Carroll)
CM - El Mizouni
AM - Celina
ST - Norwood
ST - Pigott

SUB - Hladky, Burgess, Vincent-Young, Carroll (or Bakinson), Aluko, Chaplin, Bonne

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Team for Gillingham then on 16:57 - Feb 3 with 2647 viewsElderGrizzly

Team for Gillingham then on 16:53 - Feb 3 by TomTheWriter

Hopefully as close to the 4-0 fixture as possible. Thompson in for Penney and Idris or Carroll in for Morsy. Evans’ fitness will be key, but we’ve shown that Burns, Norwood, Bonne and Aluko can play through Gillingham with ease.

Harris will have toughened them up and they kept a clean sheet, albeit vs Crewe last time out.

I don't see it being as easy as 4-0 again
Team for Gillingham then on 16:59 - Feb 3 with 2648 viewsIllinoisblue

Team for Gillingham then on 16:53 - Feb 3 by jayessess

Think it's wildly overconfident to decide Gillingham are rubbish so we can do without a proper midfield. El Mizouni definitely solves the softness - statistically he makes more tackles and interceptions per 90 than Morsy does!

Our time in L1, mostly mediocre, would you hope remind us of the need to not treat games as ‘easy’.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Team for Gillingham then on 17:00 - Feb 3 with 2650 viewsBiGDonnie

Def info

Walton
JD Woolf Fridge
Burns Thompson
Evans Bakinson
Celina
Norwood Bonne

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Gillingham then on 17:02 - Feb 3 with 2636 viewsclive_baker

It's 9 of the side that beat them 4-0 away, Thompson for Penney at left back, which is a trade up, and Celina in for Morsy as an enforced change. I'm not sure Evans, Aluko and Celina can be classed as not a proper midfield. Celina's versatile, he's played deeper in the past, at Twente. Unleash him and let him fly.

My fear with Bakinson and Evans, or El Miz together is we'll have so much of the ball and not be able to break them down. I don't think we need 2 of that ilk at home to Gillingham.

Team for Gillingham then on 17:04 - Feb 3 with 2630 viewsclive_baker

Team for Gillingham then on 16:59 - Feb 3 by Illinoisblue

Our time in L1, mostly mediocre, would you hope remind us of the need to not treat games as ‘easy’.

Nobody is saying it's easy. They will come and park the bus though, the job for us will be unpicking them. I think they'll be a much more stubborn nut to crack than last time, thanks to Harris' influence.

Team for Gillingham then on 17:11 - Feb 3 with 2596 viewsjayessess

Team for Gillingham then on 17:02 - Feb 3 by clive_baker

It's 9 of the side that beat them 4-0 away, Thompson for Penney at left back, which is a trade up, and Celina in for Morsy as an enforced change. I'm not sure Evans, Aluko and Celina can be classed as not a proper midfield. Celina's versatile, he's played deeper in the past, at Twente. Unleash him and let him fly.

My fear with Bakinson and Evans, or El Miz together is we'll have so much of the ball and not be able to break them down. I don't think we need 2 of that ilk at home to Gillingham.

It's a midfield where 2 of the 3 have played the vast majority of their football as forwards. It's an accident waiting to happen for me.

Whoever you're playing in league football you need to take the opposition seriously and set yourselves up properly. That means setting yourself up to recover the ball and prevent counter-attacks. The absolute worst thing we can do Saturday is leave ourselves open to a sucker punch. There's also absolutely no guarantee that you create more chances just because you've put more attackers on the pitch.

Team for Gillingham then on 17:19 - Feb 3 with 2559 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'd like to see

Walton
Edmundson
Wolfenden
Burgess

Donacien
Idris
Aluko
Celina
Thompson

Pigott
Norwood

Only dropped burns to sub bench as looked off on weekend could need a rest on his achilles.

Would be interested to see how Burgess does in his favoured life side of a back 3 and hopefully gives edmundson a move away from that side where he's been a bit ropey.

However I expect and unchanged side from sat.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Team for Gillingham then on 17:21 - Feb 3 with 2545 viewsjayessess

Team for Gillingham then on 17:19 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

I'd like to see

Walton
Edmundson
Wolfenden
Burgess

Donacien
Idris
Aluko
Celina
Thompson

Pigott
Norwood

Only dropped burns to sub bench as looked off on weekend could need a rest on his achilles.

Would be interested to see how Burgess does in his favoured life side of a back 3 and hopefully gives edmundson a move away from that side where he's been a bit ropey.

Donacien at wing back? He's barely attacking enough to play right back!

Team for Gillingham then on 17:27 - Feb 3 with 2521 viewsclive_baker

I'd like to see

Walton
Edmundson
Wolfenden
Burgess

Donacien
Idris
Aluko
Celina
Thompson

Pigott
Norwood

I think if Evans is fit he comes back in for Idris, otherwise unchanged. That's what I think he'll do, with Chaplin & Celina off Bonne.

They'll play a similar system I imagine with O'Keefe and Lee in the middle. The possession is going to be very interesting, I just hope we can break them down as I think they'll be better organised than they were a few weeks back. That was one of the worst performances I've ever seen in League 1, they didn't even do the basics, tracking runners etc.

Team for Gillingham then on 18:06 - Feb 3 with 2466 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd like to see

Walton
Edmundson
Wolfenden
Burgess

Donacien
Idris
Aluko
Celina
Thompson

Pigott
Norwood

Leaving out our top scorer and top performer so far this season?

Only you...

COYBs

Team for Gillingham then on 18:11 - Feb 3 with 2448 viewsFrimleyBlue

Team for Gillingham then on 18:06 - Feb 3 by BiGDonnie

Only you...

Our top scorer only has 1 in 14 games. No point having more than 1 striker if you're never going to use them.
As mentioned in another post it's not his fault, he's barely had chances. Could be team mates not doing enough, could be he's not making the right runs etc. Who knows.

And the top performer, has well known issues. Absolutely if he's fully fit and firing you keep him in. But his lack of pitch travel on the weekend imo showed he's lagging a bit.

So yeah only me. But then that's the point of the OP what do people think.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 18:14]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Team for Gillingham then on 18:20 - Feb 3 with 2417 viewsIllinoisblue

Team for Gillingham then on 17:04 - Feb 3 by clive_baker

Nobody is saying it's easy. They will come and park the bus though, the job for us will be unpicking them. I think they'll be a much more stubborn nut to crack than last time, thanks to Harris' influence.

I’m just glad they won in midweek to hopefully get the “new manager bounce” out the way. They looked like a non league side when we played them at their place, I’d be delighted if they’re that bad again!

62 - 78 - 81

Team for Gillingham then on 18:21 - Feb 3 with 2413 viewsIllinoisblue

Team for Gillingham then on 18:06 - Feb 3 by BiGDonnie

Only you...

He’s right on Bonne, though. Might have more impact coming on as sub.

62 - 78 - 81

Team for Gillingham then on 18:31 - Feb 3 with 2404 viewsDavoIPB

Has to be

Walton

Thompson
Edmunson
Wolfenden
Donacian
Burns

Celina
Evans
Aluko

Bonne
Norwood
Team for Gillingham then on 19:24 - Feb 3 with 2295 viewsKeaneish

Is this the least interesting fixture of the season? We've beaten them twice, they're as good as down and even a win doesn't improve our outlook too much. There's not even a Fat Evans anymore for comedy value.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Team for Gillingham then on 20:02 - Feb 3 with 2223 viewsDavoIPB

Team for Gillingham then on 19:24 - Feb 3 by Keaneish

Is this the least interesting fixture of the season? We've beaten them twice, they're as good as down and even a win doesn't improve our outlook too much. There's not even a Fat Evans anymore for comedy value.

I'm up for watching it as can hopefully be a rout again.
Team for Gillingham then on 20:16 - Feb 3 with 2202 viewsLeoMuff

Walton
Donacian
Wolf
Edmundson
Burns
Edwards
Evans
Bakinson
Aluko
Norwood
Bonne

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Team for Gillingham then on 22:23 - Feb 3 with 2075 viewsArnieM

Was thinking just the same tbh.

I reckon it’ll be a right scrap and we’ll struggle to create chances again I’m afraid . Morsy has a huge impact on this Town side and he ain’t there and we don’t have comparable cover.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Team for Gillingham then on 23:26 - Feb 3 with 1983 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Team for Gillingham then on 18:31 - Feb 3 by DavoIPB

Has to be

Walton

Thompson
Edmunson
Wolfenden
Donacian
Burns

Celina
Evans
Aluko

Bonne
Norwood

Very close to this I reckon, but can’t see Celina and Aluko both playing. Feel it’s an either/or otherwise we’ll struggle to win the ball back.

Any chance of Simpson on the bench as a wild card?
Team for Gillingham then on 08:23 - Feb 4 with 1812 viewsBiGDonnie

Team for Gillingham then on 18:21 - Feb 3 by Illinoisblue

He’s right on Bonne, though. Might have more impact coming on as sub.

He's definitely not. Bonne's a level above the other strikers we've got.

COYBs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024