Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Keane 23:13 - Feb 8 with 2505 viewstractordownsouth

Just had a glance at the Sunderland forum to see what their views on his potential appointment were. There's a thread which was started on 30th January and now has 978 pages. Makes some of the Brexit/immigration ones on here seem like a poor effort!

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/roy-keane.1570596/

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Roy Keane on 23:15 - Feb 8 with 2437 viewsIllinoisblue

I hope he goes there and continues their slide

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Roy Keane on 23:21 - Feb 8 with 2384 viewsBlueBadger

First entry:

'Should be installed as manager by tomorrow morning.

He's exactly what we need right now'

I didn't realise that what they really needed was bad football, expensive failures for players, good pressers and a relegation dogfight up there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Roy Keane on 23:22 - Feb 8 with 2363 viewstractordownsouth

Roy Keane on 23:21 - Feb 8 by BlueBadger

First entry:

'Should be installed as manager by tomorrow morning.

He's exactly what we need right now'

I didn't realise that what they really needed was bad football, expensive failures for players, good pressers and a relegation dogfight up there.

They may as well just re-watch the first series of Sunderland Till I Die

Roy Keane on 23:24 - Feb 8 with 2340 viewsChurchman

I’ve had a look at that thread and it amazed me. What are they thinking of? A good friend of mine is a mackem and he’s desperate for Keane to go there. He thinks Keane’s somewhat errrr direct approach is just what the club and team need. I’m bewildered by it. It’s nuts.
Roy Keane on 23:34 - Feb 8 with 2292 viewsChorleyBoy

Posted 14 minutes ago:

"Wimbledon isn’t a must win. The top 2 is gone and we probably only need to win 7 of 15 to get top 6. Ideally we will miss out on the top 6 altogether and avoid the inevitable play offs heartache."

That's the spirit!
Roy Keane on 23:42 - Feb 8 with 2190 viewsbuoyant

Roy Keane on 23:34 - Feb 8 by ChorleyBoy

Posted 14 minutes ago:

"Wimbledon isn’t a must win. The top 2 is gone and we probably only need to win 7 of 15 to get top 6. Ideally we will miss out on the top 6 altogether and avoid the inevitable play offs heartache."

That's the spirit!

Excellent!

I'm going to have to have a read of this

UTT

Roy Keane on 03:54 - Feb 9 with 1962 viewsBlueBadger

Roy Keane on 23:42 - Feb 8 by buoyant

Excellent!

I'm going to have to have a read of this

'I’m not sure what gives you so much confidence in this sh1te Sporting Director to appoint someone like Keane'

The very fact that he's sh1te probably means you have MORE chance of employing someone like Famous Roy, lads.

I recommend just randomly clicking on pages. There's at least one comedy gem on every page.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 4:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Roy Keane on 09:34 - Feb 9 with 1529 viewstractordownsouth

Also, the table says Sunderland have conceded 32 from 16 away games. That's insane - only Doncaster and Morecambe have let in more.

Login to get fewer ads

Roy Keane on 10:09 - Feb 9 with 1409 viewsBluedandy

In the Sunday Times last weekend the journalist David Walsh said Roy Keane did some good things at Ipswich ... I know he's a fellow Irishman but have some flaming professional self-respect ... Keane was a maniacal catastrophe.

Apparently Keane also moaned to Walsh about the small holiday town where he lived ... Walsh didn't name the place probably because it would compromise the inference of sleepy Suffolk journalistic cliches.

The town in question was Aldeburgh ... aka Chelsea on Sea ... it was Keane's choice to live more than 40 minutes drive north of Ipswich, no one else's ... the football disaster zone should have moved closer.

I just wish he'd gone to Norwich.
Roy Keane on 10:12 - Feb 9 with 1389 viewsSteve_M

Roy Keane on 03:54 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

'I’m not sure what gives you so much confidence in this sh1te Sporting Director to appoint someone like Keane'

The very fact that he's sh1te probably means you have MORE chance of employing someone like Famous Roy, lads.

I recommend just randomly clicking on pages. There's at least one comedy gem on every page.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 4:13]

First one:

"3 minutes ago
#19,943
Will just be our luck another club will come in for Keane while we drag our heels over other candidates."

By Realist (sic).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Roy Keane on 10:14 - Feb 9 with 1376 viewshype313

Clearly everyone's in agreement if it's gone to 978 pages...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Roy Keane on 12:36 - Feb 9 with 1174 viewsChurchman

Roy Keane on 10:09 - Feb 9 by Bluedandy

In the Sunday Times last weekend the journalist David Walsh said Roy Keane did some good things at Ipswich ... I know he's a fellow Irishman but have some flaming professional self-respect ... Keane was a maniacal catastrophe.

Apparently Keane also moaned to Walsh about the small holiday town where he lived ... Walsh didn't name the place probably because it would compromise the inference of sleepy Suffolk journalistic cliches.

The town in question was Aldeburgh ... aka Chelsea on Sea ... it was Keane's choice to live more than 40 minutes drive north of Ipswich, no one else's ... the football disaster zone should have moved closer.

Keane did nothing good at Ipswich apart from his press conferences. he was awful in every way and a material downgrade on Jim Magilton.

As for Sunderland, they are in danger of blowing up this season. Signing a 39 year old smacks of desperation and none of their managerial candidates look to be up to much. Lastly, if they were unhappy with Johnson, why not fire him in December and give his successor a chance?
Roy Keane on 13:00 - Feb 9 with 1054 viewsleitrimblue

Page 1015! We really need to raise our game. Cheese is overrated....
Roy Keane on 13:12 - Feb 9 with 976 viewschicoazul

Roy Keane on 10:09 - Feb 9 by Bluedandy

He lived in Woodbridge.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Roy Keane on 14:20 - Feb 9 with 841 viewsBlueBadger

Roy Keane on 10:12 - Feb 9 by Steve_M

First one:

"3 minutes ago
#19,943
Will just be our luck another club will come in for Keane while we drag our heels over other candidates."

By Realist (sic).

Anyone who puts 'realist' in their username is inevitably utterly detached from reality.

See also: The Realist_09 and his tireless downvoting in support of Paul Jewell, like a Free Beer and Improved Football obsessed DaveU.

Roy Keane on 14:23 - Feb 9 with 810 viewsPhilTWTD

Roy Keane on 13:12 - Feb 9 by chicoazul

He lived in Woodbridge.

He lived in both, but longer in Woodbridge. Has actually said positive things about Woodbridge in the past. If it was referred to as a "small holiday town", then that sounds more like Aldeburgh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024