Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? 11:15 - Feb 23 with 2462 viewsNthsuffolkblue

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/trump-praises-putins-genius-incursion-into-ukraine-234

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:21 - Feb 23 with 1592 viewsDarth_Koont

They love macho and nationalist posturing. Couple that with a thing about men in uniform, and Vlad’s your uncle.

Pronouns: He/Him

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:23 - Feb 23 with 1579 viewshype313

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:21 - Feb 23 by Darth_Koont

They love macho and nationalist posturing. Couple that with a thing about men in uniform, and Vlad’s your uncle.

Think Trump likes it when he sees Putin riding a horse topless.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:24 - Feb 23 with 1565 viewsGuthrum

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:21 - Feb 23 by Darth_Koont

Plus his friends often like to donate to their political campaigns.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:27 - Feb 23 with 1540 viewsDarth_Koont

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:24 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

True. And lots of shady but extremely lucrative deals and backhanders in the modern Russian oligarchy.

It’s the “free” market without controls and regulations that many neoliberals dream about.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:30 - Feb 23 with 1543 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:24 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

I wonder why that is! But yes this does explain the love for him, I guess. The Remain campaign would have done well to highlight more why Leave was getting such backing.

As for the previous replies, it wasn't like that with previous Soviet/Asian dictators.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:34 - Feb 23 with 1527 viewsBlueBadger

I wonder what it is about the violent, corrupt and bigoted Putin they like?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:39 - Feb 23 with 1502 viewsnodge_blue

Trump would rather praise Putin than back his own country. Just so that he can "score" a political point against Biden. The man is detached from reality and living in his own ego centric bubble. A true narcissist.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:40 - Feb 23 with 1496 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:34 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

I wonder what it is about the violent, corrupt and bigoted Putin they like?

True, but would that not also describe many of the dictators they traditionally don't like (and even the one Corbyn did), too?

I think Guthers has the correct answer.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:46 - Feb 23 with 1466 viewsBlueBadger

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:40 - Feb 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

True, but would that not also describe many of the dictators they traditionally don't like (and even the one Corbyn did), too?

I think Guthers has the correct answer.

Is the answer 'because Putin still has the pictures of Russian prostitutes weeing all over Trumpy-wumpy'?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 11:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:48 - Feb 23 with 1454 viewsjeera

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:39 - Feb 23 by nodge_blue

Trump would rather praise Putin than back his own country. Just so that he can "score" a political point against Biden. The man is detached from reality and living in his own ego centric bubble. A true narcissist.

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of Ukraine – Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful,” Trump told a conservative podcaster in an interview published Tuesday.

"I said, 'How smart is that?' And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. ... We could use that on our southern border," the former president said, describing Putin as “a guy who’s very savvy” and whom he knows “very, very well.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-praises-putins-genius-gop-f

Where to start.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:55 - Feb 23 with 1418 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:48 - Feb 23 by jeera

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of Ukraine – Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful,” Trump told a conservative podcaster in an interview published Tuesday.

"I said, 'How smart is that?' And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. ... We could use that on our southern border," the former president said, describing Putin as “a guy who’s very savvy” and whom he knows “very, very well.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-praises-putins-genius-gop-f

Where to start.

Absolutely. Trump is totally deranged. However, it also plays to the narrative of his supporters. People I know who I would describe as on the right of politics have always been admirers of Putin and I thought it strange. However, Guthers' point that Putin has backed their projects financially is very pertinent.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:57 - Feb 23 with 1415 viewsnodge_blue

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:48 - Feb 23 by jeera

Where to start.

Its sickening.

He would have been praising Hitler back in the 1930s.

I fear that if Trump ever gets back in power he will look to rewrite the rule book in America too.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:01 - Feb 23 with 1407 viewsBlueBadger

https://newsthump.com/2022/02/23/dreadful-people-unite-to-urge-tolerance-of-russ

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:04 - Feb 23 with 1372 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:57 - Feb 23 by nodge_blue

Its sickening.

I fear that if Trump ever gets back in power he will look to rewrite the rule book in America too.

I would like to think there is no chance of Trump regaining power. The greater risk would be that someone with similar views could.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:07 - Feb 23 with 1356 viewsDarth_Koont

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:01 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

https://newsthump.com/2022/02/23/dreadful-people-unite-to-urge-tolerance-of-russ

What happened to Newsthump?

That’s like anti-satire.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:14 - Feb 23 with 1321 viewsBlueBadger

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:07 - Feb 23 by Darth_Koont

What happened to Newsthump?

That’s like anti-satire.

https://newsthump.com/2015/11/06/man-outraged-as-satirical-website-mocks-somethi

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:17 - Feb 23 with 1302 viewsnodge_blue

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 11:57 - Feb 23 by nodge_blue

Its sickening.

Have a look at this link to see how Putin operates. first video. The spy guy is pooing himself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60485766

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:18 - Feb 23 with 1294 viewsDarth_Koont

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:14 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

https://newsthump.com/2015/11/06/man-outraged-as-satirical-website-mocks-somethi

But satire’s about revealing a truth, and as a counter to power.

This only works as a satire of Newsthump itself. “Centrist satirists think everyone else is the problem rather than decades of the same never-ending nonsense on their watch”.

I can see where you get your material from.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:19 - Feb 23 with 1288 viewsnodge_blue

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:04 - Feb 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would like to think there is no chance of Trump regaining power. The greater risk would be that someone with similar views could.

I wouldn't bet on that. He's almost certainly going to run. Too many Americans cant see him for what he is.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:21 - Feb 23 with 1251 viewsblueasfook

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:17 - Feb 23 by nodge_blue

Have a look at this link to see how Putin operates. first video. The spy guy is pooing himself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60485766

That spy guy is on his way to a Siberian Gulag as we speak

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:25 - Feb 23 with 1231 viewsblueasfook

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:19 - Feb 23 by nodge_blue

I wouldn't bet on that. He's almost certainly going to run. Too many Americans cant see him for what he is.

He would lose again. Democrat voters mobilised well to get him out at the last election, and despite his protestations to the contrary, he lost quite convincingly to Biden. That's what he seems to be forgetting. Unless there was a dramatic swing then he's never going to be back as president.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:29 - Feb 23 with 1219 viewsnodge_blue

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:21 - Feb 23 by blueasfook

Thats quite an incredible video. A snap shot of how a modern day dictator operates.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:30 - Feb 23 with 1209 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:21 - Feb 23 by blueasfook

The smile as he told him to (shut up - implied - and) sit down, certainly seems like it.

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:42 - Feb 23 with 1172 viewsGuthrum

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:18 - Feb 23 by Darth_Koont

But satire’s about revealing a truth, and as a counter to power.

This only works as a satire of Newsthump itself. “Centrist satirists think everyone else is the problem rather than decades of the same never-ending nonsense on their watch”.

I can see where you get your material from.

That's where the concepts of "Left", "Right" and "Centre" break down. The people who've done the damage are less politically aligned than after one specific thing - minimal regulation so they can make money by whatever means they see fit, then keep hold of all of it. They aren't centrists and have only taken over the right because they're least encumbered (post-Thatcher/Reagan) with concepts like social conscience.

It's those same people, through their control of the media, who've created the narrative that "everything is terrible under the moderates", that it would be so much easier to achieve perfection under more radical leadership*. Which, so often, proves not to be the case. Incremental reform has always been more successful than revolution.

* Before you take this as an attack upon Corbyn, I never thought his actual policies were that radical, really.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 13:08 - Feb 23 with 1090 viewsjeera

Why is it that Putin has always been a favourite of the right? on 12:19 - Feb 23 by nodge_blue

Hmm, or still plenty who can but just don't care.

Or rather, like what they see.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024