Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match 15:41 - Mar 8 with 1081 viewstextbackup

And need to swap ends, why is there a huge sigh, like we’ve just been told we are starting the game with 6 players and a minus 2 goal difference?

Both ends have a goal to score in, does it matter THAT much?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 15:44 - Mar 8 with 1036 viewsMattinLondon

Can’t speak for others but I’ve always liked it when we attacked the North Stand in the second half. Especially during the winter when it starts light but then gets dark
If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 15:55 - Mar 8 with 972 viewsJ2BLUE

Why wouldn't you want to be attacking the end with your most hardcore fans in the second half?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 15:57 - Mar 8 with 949 viewsFixed_It

Random.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 15:58 - Mar 8 with 946 viewsBloomBlue

Not sure if the saying is still around but in the 60s/70s & I guess 80s we always said 'the North stand brings us home' hence why we always (try) and play towards the North stand in the 2nd half
If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 16:04 - Mar 8 with 908 viewsITFC_Forever

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 15:58 - Mar 8 by BloomBlue

Not sure if the saying is still around but in the 60s/70s & I guess 80s we always said 'the North stand brings us home' hence why we always (try) and play towards the North stand in the 2nd half

For the second half of the 80s and then the early 90s (until the North Stand became home fans only and went all-seater) we used to prefer to attack Churchmans in the second half.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 16:04 - Mar 8 with 910 viewsSitfcB

Upsets the ‘rhythm’ of the game? I hate it when it happens.

Teams feel they can get an advantage from it.

Fleetwood changed ends Saturday so we didn’t attack towards our fans in the second half.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 16:09 - Mar 8 with 863 viewsGarv

Yes.

Always seems to happen at Portman Road when an ex Town player is in the oppo ranks. Bishop is likely to play tonight, we'll see.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 16:21 - Mar 8 with 784 viewsIllinoisblue

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 16:04 - Mar 8 by SitfcB

Upsets the ‘rhythm’ of the game? I hate it when it happens.

Teams feel they can get an advantage from it.

Fleetwood changed ends Saturday so we didn’t attack towards our fans in the second half.

North Stand is not exactly The Kop though, is it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 16:49 - Mar 8 with 707 viewsVeggie

It’s always been the tradition that the team play towards the North Stand in the second half. It’s petty rare that it doesn’t happen.

Although we are now well and truly in the league of sh1thousery, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if all away teams try to change this if they can.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 16:50]
If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 16:50 - Mar 8 with 699 viewsWickets

Yes of course it does attacking the home support second half must help if things are tight .
If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 17:46 - Mar 8 with 552 viewsEastTownBlue

If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 16:49 - Mar 8 by Veggie

It’s always been the tradition that the team play towards the North Stand in the second half. It’s petty rare that it doesn’t happen.

Although we are now well and truly in the league of sh1thousery, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if all away teams try to change this if they can.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 16:50]

As you will see further below, attacking the Churchmans in the second half was the tradition once upon a time.
If/when we lose the ‘toss’ pre match on 19:02 - Mar 8 with 401 viewsRadlett_blue

In season 1986-87, I don't think Town conceded a single goal when defending the North Stand end all season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024