Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table - Corrected 00:19 - Mar 14 with 1935 viewsGuthrum

Corrected, with thanks to the_egg

You aren't going to like this. But these draws, however well played and with an incredible clean sheet record, are costing us.

Based on recent form as per usual.

[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 9:00]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 01:57 - Mar 14 with 1793 viewsMackemLad

Pleased to see this - just over a week ago we were only winning 1 game and losing the other 9, finishing in 11th place… All while playing just 3 teams in the top half. 83 points to finish 6th is incredible and probably accurate sadly
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 1:58]
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 03:13 - Mar 14 with 1745 viewsquirkie

Gone through the last 10 season in league one and 6th place varies between 69-74 pts.

Last time a 6th place team had 80pts or more was in 2009-10 when Huddersfield finished 6th with 80pts.

So 83 pts this season for a 6th place finish is going to be an over estimate.

More likely to be about 78 pts.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 03:42 - Mar 14 with 1727 viewsthe_egg

Morecambe getting 21 points from their final nine games seems a stretch.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 07:37 - Mar 14 with 1502 viewsHighgateBlue

It has a Cookesque and Lambertesque look to it.

I think 76 points might see us a bit higher than 9th, but yes, the draws and inability to score has cost us.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 07:39 - Mar 14 with 1489 viewsIpswichKnight

Coming 3rd with 90+ points is going to sting!
ERROR! on 08:38 - Mar 14 with 1404 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 03:42 - Mar 14 by the_egg

Morecambe getting 21 points from their final nine games seems a stretch.

Well spotted, thank you. I do try to check for glaring anomalies like that, which indicate something has gone in the wrong place in the process.

Must have missed that one in my general gloominess at the direction things are going for us.

ERROR! on 08:40 - Mar 14 with 1379 viewsIpswichKnight

ERROR! on 08:38 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

Well spotted, thank you. I do try to check for glaring anomalies like that, which indicate something has gone in the wrong place in the process.

Must have missed that one in my general gloominess at the direction things are going for us.

I wouldn’t be gloomy about ending up on 76 points from where we started to go 2 points a game is some going.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 08:40 - Mar 14 with 1372 viewsdavblue

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 01:57 - Mar 14 by MackemLad

Pleased to see this - just over a week ago we were only winning 1 game and losing the other 9, finishing in 11th place… All while playing just 3 teams in the top half. 83 points to finish 6th is incredible and probably accurate sadly
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 1:58]

i would be surprised if 83 is the level, 79/80 seems more likely.
Login to get fewer ads

Think Bonne is the key to how this season ends. on 08:40 - Mar 14 with 1376 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Watching on Saturday I came away with the belief that Bonne will be the key to how we finish this season. This entire season has been so full of highs and lows and Bonne seems to epitomise that. With a (hopefully short term) injury to Jackson, Bonne should see some more playing time. Either he will realise the fairytale, start banging in the goals and lead us in to the playoffs. Or he will maintain his barren run and we all look forward to next season, probably without Bonne.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 08:41 - Mar 14 with 1365 viewsSwansea_Blue

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 03:13 - Mar 14 by quirkie

Gone through the last 10 season in league one and 6th place varies between 69-74 pts.

Last time a 6th place team had 80pts or more was in 2009-10 when Huddersfield finished 6th with 80pts.

So 83 pts this season for a 6th place finish is going to be an over estimate.

More likely to be about 78 pts.

Yeah, it's heading that way. Those around 6th place now are about 3-4 points ahead of teams at the same stage last season. And last year 6th ended up on 74 points. If things carry on the same as so far, it'll be around 77/78 points needed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Think Bonne is the key to how this season ends. on 08:43 - Mar 14 with 1353 viewsdavblue

Think Bonne is the key to how this season ends. on 08:40 - Mar 14 by C_Jam_Blue

Watching on Saturday I came away with the belief that Bonne will be the key to how we finish this season. This entire season has been so full of highs and lows and Bonne seems to epitomise that. With a (hopefully short term) injury to Jackson, Bonne should see some more playing time. Either he will realise the fairytale, start banging in the goals and lead us in to the playoffs. Or he will maintain his barren run and we all look forward to next season, probably without Bonne.

I don't think Bonne is going to be here next year, with his wages + his fee and his form i don't think we will fork out what will be required and im not overly convinced McKenna is a fan either.
ERROR! on 08:49 - Mar 14 with 1316 viewsitfcjoe

ERROR! on 08:40 - Mar 14 by IpswichKnight

I wouldn’t be gloomy about ending up on 76 points from where we started to go 2 points a game is some going.

Nope, if KMK can get 2 points per game for half a season then that is a terrific job, if that isn't enough then so be it - it shows just how far behind we were when Cook left and that getting rid was totally the right decision

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 08:56 - Mar 14 with 1294 viewsDyland

Does this take into account the form of teams everyone has to play, or only form from last few games? If the latter, pah, screw you, we're gonna finish in second.

;)

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 09:03 - Mar 14 with 1254 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 08:56 - Mar 14 by Dyland

Does this take into account the form of teams everyone has to play, or only form from last few games? If the latter, pah, screw you, we're gonna finish in second.

;)

COYFB

The latter.

Purely a mechanical process looking at the current trend teams are on, rather than trying to make what will inevitably be a subjective decision about games yet to be played.

Think Bonne is the key to how this season ends. on 09:42 - Mar 14 with 1139 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Think Bonne is the key to how this season ends. on 08:43 - Mar 14 by davblue

I don't think Bonne is going to be here next year, with his wages + his fee and his form i don't think we will fork out what will be required and im not overly convinced McKenna is a fan either.

Agreed, but it would put pressure on the club if he did go on a good scoring run now.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 09:46 - Mar 14 with 1130 viewshoppy

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 09:03 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

The latter.

Purely a mechanical process looking at the current trend teams are on, rather than trying to make what will inevitably be a subjective decision about games yet to be played.

So it doesn’t take into account when teams will be playing each other, when, however good their form has been, they can’t both take 3 points from the game?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 10:24 - Mar 14 with 1028 viewsDyland

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 09:46 - Mar 14 by hoppy

So it doesn’t take into account when teams will be playing each other, when, however good their form has been, they can’t both take 3 points from the game?

We'll finish on 84 points in second, is my prediction. The league winner will have a hundred points and everyone else in the top ten will lose or draw all of their remaining games.

Lump on.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table - Corrected on 10:47 - Mar 14 with 974 viewsGarv

If we can't win three games in a row throughout the entire season, we probably don't deserve to be promoted.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:03 - Mar 14 with 873 viewshoppy

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 10:24 - Mar 14 by Dyland

We'll finish on 84 points in second, is my prediction. The league winner will have a hundred points and everyone else in the top ten will lose or draw all of their remaining games.

Lump on.

Are you providing any kind of guarantees?

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:06 - Mar 14 with 867 viewsDyland

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:03 - Mar 14 by hoppy

Are you providing any kind of guarantees?

No but the odds are attractive.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:07 - Mar 14 with 861 viewshoppy

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:06 - Mar 14 by Dyland

No but the odds are attractive.

That's certainly made my mind up then.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:10 - Mar 14 with 843 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 10:24 - Mar 14 by Dyland

Lump on.

Mortgage wise figures??
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:18 - Mar 14 with 825 viewsDyland

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:10 - Mar 14 by BtreeBlueBlood

Mortgage wise figures??

Aye, sell everything you own man.

I've seen it written in the road kill entrails innit.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:20 - Mar 14 with 821 viewshoppy

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 12:18 - Mar 14 by Dyland

Aye, sell everything you own man.

I've seen it written in the road kill entrails innit.

I've just taken all of our collective savings, and put it all on that specific outcome. I was asked if I wanted to cover other options, but I said no... I wasn't going to be swayed like that, just to see them not have to pay out so much!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024