Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Using someone else's ST 11:52 - Jun 29 with 1089 viewsnick141

I bought my first two season tickets yesterday. We intend to share the second with my brother and my wife (it's in his name) - is there any risk of her not being able to get in while using my brothers ticket? Obvious point is that she's obviously not a man (!) but I'm hoping ID issues won't be a problem. I imagine you can change this formally ahead of each game, but would hope that faff isn't necessary?

Thanks
Using someone else's ST on 11:56 - Jun 29 with 1043 viewsFixed_It

Will not be a problem. Enjoy!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Using someone else's ST on 11:58 - Jun 29 with 1030 viewsSweetman

Won't be a problem mate.
Using someone else's ST on 11:59 - Jun 29 with 1023 viewsjayessess

No-one has ever checked my identity and last year's card had nothing identifying my gender anyway.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Using someone else's ST on 12:02 - Jun 29 with 998 viewsSitfcB

No problems at all, only ever an issue sometimes if the price category isn’t right!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Using someone else's ST on 12:03 - Jun 29 with 998 viewsSouperJim

Only an issue if the ticket is obviously for a different age bracket, then you have to ring them up and bung them the difference. Worst case sceanrio take a form of id for the person named on the ticket and say you have their permission to use it. Highly doubt they'll do anything other than just scan it tho, usually season tickets just have initial and surname (e.g. J Smith) and even if they didn't, in this day and age they're unlikely to say "you don't look like a Brian"!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 13:02]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Using someone else's ST on 12:12 - Jun 29 with 954 viewsdirtyboy

No problem whatsover, I've let friends use mine a fair few times and one time my cousin had to upgrade as the price bracket was wrong.

I think it's a nice touch by the club to not police heavily as I know those who I give my ticket to wouldn't pay for one anyway, so at least it helps a little with atmosphere and they then do at least put some food and drink money into the club when going.

Plus, it's close to a try before you buy... I've got one mate who used my tickets with his son, then paid to go to the last couple of home games, so was worth it IMO.
Using someone else's ST on 12:17 - Jun 29 with 936 viewsHighgateBlue

You're fine. It's specifically permitted by the conditions of issue for season tickets. Here's condition 1.6 of the forthcoming season's conditions:

"1.6 The Club permits the holder of this Season Ticket card to allow another supporter to use this card and its associated seat if they are unable to attend a match. The other supporter using this card must be of the same price band category as the holder of the card. Furthermore, the holder of this Season Ticket is responsible for ensuring that any person using their Season Ticket observes these conditions and the Ground Regulations of ITFC. Failure to do so will entitle the Club to withdraw and cancel the Season Ticket without reimbursement."

It's good that the Club makes this clear, because it's always been considered OK by fans, and there's no need for people supporting the Town to feel like they're doing something wrong!

It's great to see ST sales in such great numbers this year. This time next year, Del Boy, we'll be dreaming of a mid table Championship finish!

(I appreciate that there's a potential distinction between the named ticket holder being "unable" to attend, and a plan whereby it is intended at the outset that the ST will be shared, but (i) life's too short, and (ii) plainly no turnstile operative will give two hoots about that, and neither would the Club, I imagine).
Using someone else's ST on 12:17 - Jun 29 with 925 viewsnick141

Thanks for the responses everyone!
Login to get fewer ads

Using someone else's ST on 13:00 - Jun 29 with 802 viewsnick141

Using someone else's ST on 12:17 - Jun 29 by HighgateBlue

You're fine. It's specifically permitted by the conditions of issue for season tickets. Here's condition 1.6 of the forthcoming season's conditions:

"1.6 The Club permits the holder of this Season Ticket card to allow another supporter to use this card and its associated seat if they are unable to attend a match. The other supporter using this card must be of the same price band category as the holder of the card. Furthermore, the holder of this Season Ticket is responsible for ensuring that any person using their Season Ticket observes these conditions and the Ground Regulations of ITFC. Failure to do so will entitle the Club to withdraw and cancel the Season Ticket without reimbursement."

It's good that the Club makes this clear, because it's always been considered OK by fans, and there's no need for people supporting the Town to feel like they're doing something wrong!

It's great to see ST sales in such great numbers this year. This time next year, Del Boy, we'll be dreaming of a mid table Championship finish!

(I appreciate that there's a potential distinction between the named ticket holder being "unable" to attend, and a plan whereby it is intended at the outset that the ST will be shared, but (i) life's too short, and (ii) plainly no turnstile operative will give two hoots about that, and neither would the Club, I imagine).

This is excellent - what a helpful community you are! Thanks
Using someone else's ST on 13:09 - Jun 29 with 747 viewsHighgateBlue

Using someone else's ST on 13:00 - Jun 29 by nick141

This is excellent - what a helpful community you are! Thanks

I figured I was probably well into my karma overdraft and needed to sort it out! :)

But yes, by and large it's a great community that has it's moments!
Using someone else's ST on 13:22 - Jun 29 with 689 viewsSwansea_Blue

Using someone else's ST on 12:17 - Jun 29 by HighgateBlue

That's the old version. They've updated 1.6 to state than any supporter borrowing the ST of a member of a different gender must first go through a gender realignment awareness training course put on by the club.

[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 13:23]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024