Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have to feel for Cowley 19:47 - Oct 8 with 2720 viewsFrimleyBlue

" Teams will come here, try to slow the game down, refs need to be aware of it"

lol

Also, they don't play saturday again, so another game in hand, but potentially and more importantly we could be 11 points clear of them.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2022 19:50]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Have to feel for Cowley on 19:51 - Oct 8 with 2596 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Like rain on his wedding day!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Have to feel for Cowley on 19:51 - Oct 8 with 2594 viewsbazza

Pot kettle Black .. they set up from the 1st second to waste time against us.. and he’s saying refs should be aware…. Laughable.
Have to feel for Cowley on 20:46 - Oct 8 with 2227 viewsibbleobble

Every time I hear him speak he sounds like a typical non-league manager. He may have done well and earned the right to be at Pompey but he’ll always be Concord Rangers level in his general demeanour in my view.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2022 20:46]
Have to feel for Cowley on 20:49 - Oct 8 with 2182 viewsFrimleyBlue

Have to feel for Cowley on 20:46 - Oct 8 by ibbleobble

Every time I hear him speak he sounds like a typical non-league manager. He may have done well and earned the right to be at Pompey but he’ll always be Concord Rangers level in his general demeanour in my view.

Don't know why I have, but i've just listened to a handful of post match interviews from various managers in league 1 and they are all just so bitter. Cambridge's manager has had the most respect of an opposition i've seen in a while.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Have to feel for Cowley on 20:51 - Oct 8 with 2166 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Have to feel for Cowley on 20:46 - Oct 8 by ibbleobble

His imitation of a wind-up toy half-bowed with rapid faux-humble applause for his fans every time he entered and left the pitch was somewhat bizarre and smacked of someone desperate to keep them onside.

His results may well have earnt him the right to manage at this level, but I doubt many clubs' fanbases would be keen to watch his brand of entertainment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Have to feel for Cowley on 20:54 - Oct 8 with 2137 viewsChurchman

He loves building that siege mentality. Cowley is an excellent manager, but he annoys me a bit
Have to feel for Cowley on 20:56 - Oct 8 with 2115 viewsKieran_Knows

Absolute berk of a bloke.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Have to feel for Cowley on 20:59 - Oct 8 with 2069 viewsKeno

Have to feel for Cowley on 19:51 - Oct 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Like rain on his wedding day!

Is that like what Joe Royle did?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Have to feel for Cowley on 04:48 - Oct 9 with 1354 viewsBigCommon

I have a bias negative opinion of Cowley. Ever since the "Cheque book FC" comments , aimed at us last season...I don't massively rate him as a coach, either. I think he relies on individuals playing well, rather than a well drilled system/unit.
And as far as the psychological side of management. We are very lucky to have KM. Who choses his words wisely, to put a positive spin on everything, which is what you want. And quite frankly, swatted Cowley away , like a annoying fly, last week. With his pre and post match interviews.
Can't think of too many times when KM has come out bemoaning opposition or officials, except when its been absolutely warranted. Like the disallowed Harness goal. He's astute enough to know, that it just makes you look weak.
Don't see Pompey as a threat. I think they'll be part of the pack of 5 or 6 teams, fighting for 5th and 6th place. And like most so called bigger clubs in this division. There fan base can turn quickly. 3 games without a win for them. There'll be a little bit of pressure creeping in if they don't start winning soon.
Pompey fans getting a little concerned on Cowley and thinking play-offs only! on 08:20 - Oct 9 with 997 viewsunstableblue

Perhaps it’s Plymouth, Ipswich and Sheff Weds who will keep going and fight it out for top two.

Owls fans think this, and still predict Plymouth will falter.

I can’t see that anytime soon… and Plymouth are going to stack up some serious points during this run of games.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Pompey fans getting a little concerned on Cowley and thinking play-offs only! on 08:29 - Oct 9 with 958 viewsKieran_Knows

Pompey fans getting a little concerned on Cowley and thinking play-offs only! on 08:20 - Oct 9 by unstableblue

Perhaps it’s Plymouth, Ipswich and Sheff Weds who will keep going and fight it out for top two.

I can’t see that anytime soon… and Plymouth are going to stack up some serious points during this run of games.

I said it the other day and I stand by it, I’ll be amazed if Plymouth are anywhere near come May. They’ve the smallest squad in the league filled with loan players (of which could get recalled in January if they keep up their current form). Unless they bolster their squad in January, I just can’t see them lasting the pace.

That’s before you even then think about injuries to 1 or 2 key players.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 8:29]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pompey fans getting a little concerned on Cowley and thinking play-offs only! on 08:34 - Oct 9 with 926 viewsChurchman

Pompey fans getting a little concerned on Cowley and thinking play-offs only! on 08:20 - Oct 9 by unstableblue

Plymouth might well accumulate points over the next few weeks. They’re going well. However it’s their home record that’s outstanding. I doubt they’re going to carry on winning every game at and yesterday showed that the better teams can and will drop points.
I actually think Plymouth have a tricky October!! on 08:47 - Oct 9 with 884 viewsunstableblue

Pompey fans getting a little concerned on Cowley and thinking play-offs only! on 08:34 - Oct 9 by Churchman

Plymouth might well accumulate points over the next few weeks. They’re going well. However it’s their home record that’s outstanding. I doubt they’re going to carry on winning every game at and yesterday showed that the better teams can and will drop points.

MK Dons away looks on form a good tie, but MK will stutter into life soon I’m sure, had the Oxford win recently, should have got something from shrews game despite being down to 10 men

Bristol Rovers away, sort of West Country derby, Rovers are a capable side and keep winning… 2-1 win against Cambridge yesterday

Exeter at home is a proper derby, Exeter on real form, and our Rakeem fired up by a call from McKenna to rule the day

Plymouths November and December does look easy!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024