Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham 12:31 - Nov 5 with 1965 viewscbower

I have noticed Connor Wickham banging some L1 goals and plenty of appearaces too. I have been interested to see some mention of a punt in the Transfer Window as his contract at FGR is only until January. On the face of it, he would seem ideal if his fitness would hold up. Watching him today on BBC1 he looks lethargic with no running in him, wafting his arms in frustration. Oh, he has just scored! Still not that impressed.

bluescouser

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 12:39 - Nov 5 with 1914 viewsDubtractor

I guess, given his collection of injuries, he has to pick and choose where he busts a gut in games? But you're right, that wouldn't really match out high press game would it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 12:40 - Nov 5 with 1906 viewsScuzzer

Just scored. 😄

Established 1968

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 12:41 - Nov 5 with 1899 viewsbournemouthblue

There does seem to be a completely lack of mobility and energy

We really need a targetman with an engine who knows where the goal is really, not that we are asking for much

Colby Bishop looked good for Pompey yesterday I thought, I like Ladapo and obviously we have Ahadme to come back

I'd still like to see another option, TJJ is talented but not quite the finished article for me

Edit: I wouldn't expect Wickham to be lacking on technical ability in fairness to him
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 12:42]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 12:44 - Nov 5 with 1870 viewscbower

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 12:40 - Nov 5 by Scuzzer

Just scored. 😄

I had noted that in my o p

bluescouser

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 12:49 - Nov 5 with 1842 viewscbower

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 12:41 - Nov 5 by bournemouthblue

There does seem to be a completely lack of mobility and energy

We really need a targetman with an engine who knows where the goal is really, not that we are asking for much

Colby Bishop looked good for Pompey yesterday I thought, I like Ladapo and obviously we have Ahadme to come back

I'd still like to see another option, TJJ is talented but not quite the finished article for me

Edit: I wouldn't expect Wickham to be lacking on technical ability in fairness to him
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 12:42]

Jonathan Douglasesque in terms of the amount of walking he's doing!

bluescouser

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 13:44 - Nov 5 with 1701 viewsChurchman

Not mobile enough now, sadly.
On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 13:55 - Nov 5 with 1668 viewsSteve_M

That was class though, out of keeping with most of this match.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 13:55 - Nov 5 with 1662 viewshoppy

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 12:40 - Nov 5 by Scuzzer

Just scored. 😄

…and again! Nice one too.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 14:00 - Nov 5 with 1620 viewsThe_Realist_09

I would imagine that playing like that is the best chance of him staying fit for a period. FGR might be happy with that.

Bound to get an injury if he starts putting the miles in.
On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 14:01 - Nov 5 with 1610 viewsParisBlue

He's 29 now. Just good that he's playing again after a career that promised so much was hit so hard by injuries.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 14:07 - Nov 5 with 1552 viewsBigCommon

Cracking 2nd goal.. I'm surprised FGR risked him in this game tbh...
On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 14:09 - Nov 5 with 1542 viewsSheffordBlue

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 14:07 - Nov 5 by BigCommon

Cracking 2nd goal.. I'm surprised FGR risked him in this game tbh...

From his post-match interview he'd been unwell for the past week as well

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 14:14 - Nov 5 with 1510 viewsSteve_M

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 13:55 - Nov 5 by Steve_M

That was class though, out of keeping with most of this match.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 14:19 - Nov 5 with 1484 viewsbournemouthblue

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 14:14 - Nov 5 by Steve_M

That finish is absolutely class, not just a case of the keeper being miles up the pitch either

That is measured!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

On this evidence so far, not interested in Wickham on 14:53 - Nov 5 with 1376 viewsPioneerBlue

Not the profile nor injury record for me ok

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024