Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does this game rank 09:44 - Jan 14 with 1352 viewsTresBonne

In our biggest, since the 2014/15 playoff semis? Got to be right up there
Where does this game rank on 11:07 - Jan 14 with 1231 viewsMatterhorn

Not really mate, we had big games to not get relegated into this poxy league but we fecked those up, this is just as much a big game tho to get out of this poxy league! We all need to turn up today
Where does this game rank on 11:20 - Jan 14 with 1189 viewsStewart27

Where does this game rank on 11:07 - Jan 14 by Matterhorn

Not really mate, we had big games to not get relegated into this poxy league but we fecked those up, this is just as much a big game tho to get out of this poxy league! We all need to turn up today

Disagree

None of them were that big individually because of the pathetic nature that Lambert took us down.

Today is massive. It has a massive feel to it and is the biggest since Norwich play offs in my opinion.
Where does this game rank on 11:24 - Jan 14 with 1172 viewsParisBlue

I'd go for the home game vs Rotherham in March 2016. Our inventive midfield of Skuse, Douglas and Hyam lost out to Neil Warnock and a Leon Best winning goal.

That was the start of a run of 5 points from 7 games. We missed out on the playoffs by 5 points. For me it was the day MM lost the supporters.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Where does this game rank on 11:26 - Jan 14 with 1163 viewsGlasgowBlue

Where does this game rank on 11:20 - Jan 14 by Stewart27

Disagree

None of them were that big individually because of the pathetic nature that Lambert took us down.

Today is massive. It has a massive feel to it and is the biggest since Norwich play offs in my opinion.

IMO it's no bigger than 28 January 2020, when we were top of league one and played 2nd placed Rotherham.

Both games equally important.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Where does this game rank on 11:29 - Jan 14 with 1145 viewspointofblue

Where does this game rank on 11:24 - Jan 14 by ParisBlue

I'd go for the home game vs Rotherham in March 2016. Our inventive midfield of Skuse, Douglas and Hyam lost out to Neil Warnock and a Leon Best winning goal.

That was the start of a run of 5 points from 7 games. We missed out on the playoffs by 5 points. For me it was the day MM lost the supporters.

The 3-0 reverse against Hull in March 2018 too, though that’s a pivotal game in hindsight rather than build up. We had a chance of the play offs then too, but had suffered a set back with a 0-0 home draw against Sheffield United three days before. The way we just capitulated was the last straw for many supporters when it came to McCarthy, and led to the awful Hurst/Lambert/Cook spells.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Where does this game rank on 11:36 - Jan 14 with 1113 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe at home in November 2019. We had only had a very minor wobble at that point and were still top 2, Wycombe right up there as well. Given how things petered out that season it doesn't look a big game in hindsight but was at the time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where does this game rank on 11:55 - Jan 14 with 1028 viewsskinnybob72

Where does this game rank on 11:07 - Jan 14 by Matterhorn

Today is a big game for a couple of reasons. Firstly, if Argyle win they go 10 points clear which takes pressure off them and they can perhaps play with a bit more freedom in future games. Secondly, we may slip further behind Wednesday - and that then puts pressure on us to beat them in 3 weeks.

Three points today is vital IMO as it keeps us in the hunt to go up as champions and would boost our confidence massively.
Where does this game rank on 12:02 - Jan 14 with 1004 viewsParisBlue

Where does this game rank on 11:36 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Wycombe at home in November 2019. We had only had a very minor wobble at that point and were still top 2, Wycombe right up there as well. Given how things petered out that season it doesn't look a big game in hindsight but was at the time.

In fairness an idiot referee and linesman didn't help, but the next few weeks sums up that era when a few days after getting well beaten at Lincoln we gave Lambert that contract. Comedy gold. I'm still convinced had we replaced Lambert with Warnock till the end of the season we'd have been promoted.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Where does this game rank on 12:30 - Jan 14 with 945 viewsBlueBadger

Where does this game rank on 12:02 - Jan 14 by ParisBlue

In fairness an idiot referee and linesman didn't help, but the next few weeks sums up that era when a few days after getting well beaten at Lincoln we gave Lambert that contract. Comedy gold. I'm still convinced had we replaced Lambert with Warnock till the end of the season we'd have been promoted.

If we'd have somehow gotten promoted in spite of Lambert we'd have experienced a Championship season even more humiliating than 18/19 though, I fear.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

[Redacted] on 12:55 - Jan 14 with 876 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Where does this game rank on 12:59 - Jan 14 with 848 viewsChorleyBoy

[Redacted] on 12:55 - Jan 14 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Similar feeling for me, though I sense a 2 goal margin victory. I'd settle for three though.
Where does this game rank on 13:47 - Jan 14 with 725 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s looking like it might be a 6 pointer come the end of the season, but I can’t see it as a big game. It’s L1.

It’s also only marginally more important than any other game in terms of getting out of this league. And it may not be anymore important depending how things end up - Plymouth may tail off, or we might. Every game has to have an aim of 3 pts if you’ve trying to go up automatically. There’s not a lot of room for slipping up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024