Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That second goal was typical of the type we concede 07:47 - Jan 23 with 1556 viewsGlasgowBlue

Both Davis and Burgess (?) had ample opportunity to cut out the cross into the box. We’ve also conceded similar goals when the ball comes in from our right hand side.

We don’t seem to be able to either put in a block or a tackle in these situations.

The other issue we have with these type of goats is that the midfield always seem to be second best to getting the ball when it floats to the outside of our box.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 8:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 08:04 - Jan 23 with 1480 viewshoppy

As Harry Redknapp may say, his nanny could get there quicker on occasions.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 08:05 - Jan 23 with 1484 viewsSteve_M

Some of that is down to players pushing forward at any opportunity but, reflecting on Saturday, when we were better defensively last season we covered for mistakes well. Plenty of initial mistakes were covered by teammates preventing those turning into goals - in total contrast to Donacien and Burgess not managing to do anything about Wolfenden's initial error.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 08:27 - Jan 23 with 1416 viewsitfcjoe

Whilst a lot of questions asked defensively we've only conceded 14 goals from open play this season opposed to Sheffield Wednesday's 13.

The difference is they have conceded 3 from set pieces and we have conceded 10

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:01 - Jan 23 with 1281 viewsCityBlue

I like Burgess and his aerial ability is awesome, but...and a fairly big but....he really does have some "green" moments and shows is lack of experience. I am thinking that He may be the one who sits to make way for Clarke.
I also think Harness was poor on Saturday and it is the defending from the front that matters. His loss of possession on numerous occasions forced Evans to have to sit much deeper than we have been used to. As a result they were able to exploit that space that sits there - although it then led to Morsy having one of his best games.

I T I D

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:04 - Jan 23 with 1246 viewsMetal_Hacker

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:01 - Jan 23 by CityBlue

I like Burgess and his aerial ability is awesome, but...and a fairly big but....he really does have some "green" moments and shows is lack of experience. I am thinking that He may be the one who sits to make way for Clarke.
I also think Harness was poor on Saturday and it is the defending from the front that matters. His loss of possession on numerous occasions forced Evans to have to sit much deeper than we have been used to. As a result they were able to exploit that space that sits there - although it then led to Morsy having one of his best games.

Yeah like you I thought Evans was way off the pace and quite inconspicuous but I think like you say perhaps the amount of times Harness was losing the ball put Evans on the back foot quite a bit

I think it's inevitable we'll see Broadhead start on Tuesday

Poll: If it were one or the other

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:11 - Jan 23 with 1202 viewsexeterblue10

I did think for their first goal (don't know about the second because I couldn't see a thing) that Burgess was holding back from making a challenge in the box because the ref had blown up umpteen times for Town challenges that looked completely fair.
That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:24 - Jan 23 with 1119 viewsnshearman1

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:11 - Jan 23 by exeterblue10

I did think for their first goal (don't know about the second because I couldn't see a thing) that Burgess was holding back from making a challenge in the box because the ref had blown up umpteen times for Town challenges that looked completely fair.

I do think there's a fear of putting in a tackle and giving away a penalty - the first goal was very reminiscent of the goal Wycombe scored (but from the other side). But we have to find a way of policing people in the area and tackling fairly or blocking. And the defensive midfielders need to do their job on the edge of the area. And we need to defend set pieces better....
That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:25 - Jan 23 with 1090 viewsdavblue

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:04 - Jan 23 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah like you I thought Evans was way off the pace and quite inconspicuous but I think like you say perhaps the amount of times Harness was losing the ball put Evans on the back foot quite a bit

Harness hasn't played well since the 1st Oxford game imo.

Albeit he probably could have scored 2 or 3 goals in that period.
Login to get fewer ads

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:27 - Jan 23 with 1074 viewsGlasgowBlue

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:04 - Jan 23 by Metal_Hacker

Other than his return from injury game, I think Evans has been off the pace since he came back. Wouldn't be surprised to see Luongo get a start tomorrow night.

Iron Lion Zion

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:29 - Jan 23 with 1054 viewsGlasgowBlue

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:25 - Jan 23 by davblue

Harness hasn't played well since the 1st Oxford game imo.

Albeit he probably could have scored 2 or 3 goals in that period.

Although put in a lovely ball for our goal. Which is what you get from Harness. Often wasteful and quiet but capable of that game changing magic. A bit like Celina in that respect, albeit a completely different player.

Iron Lion Zion

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 13:16 - Jan 23 with 817 viewsRIPbobby

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:11 - Jan 23 by exeterblue10

Yeah I noticed that we had 22 fouls to the oppositions 9. Is that a fair reflection? Does seem very high on our part.

Perhaps it is another sign of people not wanting us to buy our way out of this division. Bit petty really.
That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 13:58 - Jan 23 with 745 viewsExiled2Surrey

That second goal was typical of the type we concede on 09:29 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Although put in a lovely ball for our goal. Which is what you get from Harness. Often wasteful and quiet but capable of that game changing magic. A bit like Celina in that respect, albeit a completely different player.

And he was back involved in the defending when that move started - the Oxford commentators even noted that he was VERY deep at the point Donacien got the ball in all that space and he did really well to go the length of the pitch in order to get into position to provide that assist.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024