Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna 19:59 - Feb 4 with 2451 viewscressi

Going to come under serious pressure next few weeks with rhe money the Americans have thrown at it players and behind the scenes definitely needs a plan B
If we die off will he survive
Last 3 months have been worrying yo put it mildly. Personally I love to play 2 up front but no one seems to anymore .
McKenna on 20:09 - Feb 4 with 2387 viewsFrimleyBlue

Personally I think his after game comments was the first time ive seen a manager feeling the first twinge of pressure.

" of the season.

“This is a new group, a new staff, a new club and it certainly doesn’t help to attach things from the past to now."

Correct what happened under previous managers doesn't concern him. I agree. But just because we've played some nice football.. no the fans won't simply ignore the past which is league 1 football season after season lately.

This is a new group ( that's basically saying it takes time to gel) just like we head under the previous regime. And this is his excuse now for dropping away.

So whilst I agree the past is the past.. he's been hired for one purpose. He's had 3 windows. Picked up the job from a manager who'd assembled a very handy squad for this level and is still looking like he's not learning enough about the league to turn is into actual top 2 contenders.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

McKenna on 21:18 - Feb 4 with 2216 viewsBigCommon

I liked the way he tried to change it up at half time..It got us back into the match..
McKenna on 21:23 - Feb 4 with 2173 viewsTractorWood

McKenna on 21:18 - Feb 4 by BigCommon

I liked the way he tried to change it up at half time..It got us back into the match..

Agree. He's clearly learning on the job. He won't see any significant pressure until next early next season if we don't start like a rocket. This is obviously assuming we don't get promoted but that looks less and less plausible as the weeks go by.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

McKenna on 21:27 - Feb 4 with 2147 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s fine. The owners would have to be stupid to change it. And they don’t look stupid.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McKenna on 21:28 - Feb 4 with 2123 viewspointofblue

McKenna on 21:27 - Feb 4 by Swansea_Blue

He’s fine. The owners would have to be stupid to change it. And they don’t look stupid.

Think he's got until Christmas. If we're not in the top two fight in League One (at least) by then, I reckon he'll be on dodgy ground.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McKenna on 21:35 - Feb 4 with 2086 viewsChurchman

McKenna on 21:27 - Feb 4 by Swansea_Blue

Agreed. But that’ll only last until the beginning of next season. There are no hiding places, no excuses now. The club is structured thank goodness and nobody is indispensable. As the finance bloke said about CEOs ‘don’t p1ss on my boots and tell me it’s raining’.

I hope the owners give him time, but he will need to show progress. We are sliding away with whimper. Hopefully KM and the players will reverse that and start delivering some week in week out results.
McKenna on 21:38 - Feb 4 with 2056 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Can we stop this now. He’s just over a year into management and has done a fantastic job in giving us a style of play that we can be proud of again. Bit of a blip at the moment but let’s see where we end up.
McKenna on 22:03 - Feb 4 with 1980 viewsMcCall

McKenna on 21:38 - Feb 4 by PrideOfTheEast

Can we stop this now. He’s just over a year into management and has done a fantastic job in giving us a style of play that we can be proud of again. Bit of a blip at the moment but let’s see where we end up.

The questions of Mckenna are valid, he's had a hell of a lot of money at his disposal. Overall I like him but the drop off cannot be ignored and his brief is to get.us promoted, nothing less. We were very poor today.
Login to get fewer ads

McKenna on 22:13 - Feb 4 with 1924 viewsRadlett_blue

McKenna on 21:18 - Feb 4 by BigCommon

Hmm,, 3 changes at half time shows that a manager isn't happy. Mc Kenna really need to show he can get thid bunch of expensively recruited players up for it from the start. If we lose in the play offs should he be retained?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

McKenna on 22:15 - Feb 4 with 1917 viewsStewart27

McKenna on 22:03 - Feb 4 by McCall

The questions of Mckenna are valid, he's had a hell of a lot of money at his disposal. Overall I like him but the drop off cannot be ignored and his brief is to get.us promoted, nothing less. We were very poor today.

Yes he’ll certainly be under pressure - that’s the business.

He’s theoretically two weeks in to his second transfer window.

Us fans need to give him time now. Something he may not be afforded by the powers that be. I thought Broadhead was quiet today. The first half was up there with the poorest of his time here.
McKenna on 22:18 - Feb 4 with 1899 viewsBigCommon

McKenna on 21:35 - Feb 4 by Churchman

Agreed. But that’ll only last until the beginning of next season. There are no hiding places, no excuses now. The club is structured thank goodness and nobody is indispensable. As the finance bloke said about CEOs ‘don’t p1ss on my boots and tell me it’s raining’.

I hope the owners give him time, but he will need to show progress. We are sliding away with whimper. Hopefully KM and the players will reverse that and start delivering some week in week out results.

"Finance bloke" will be interested in finances and progress... Imo.
I'm no expert, but I'd assume that if the balance sheet reads well, and we are going forwards on various levels.Then there will be no panic... Game Changer are not Town fans, they are investors looking for a long term return on their investment. Their knees wont jerk, as easily as some sections of our fan base. Weve got a bright young manager in, whos been given license to build something from scratch. Complete overhaul on staff and training facilities . And hand picked players that have come at a cost... Its a long term appointment, at least until the end of his contract, imo.
McKenna on 23:37 - Feb 4 with 1656 viewsbrazil1981

Obviously at some stage he’ll be under pressure, especially if we’re not challenging from early on next season. Think they should and will stick with him if don’t go up this season however.

He’s a rookie manager and new to this level so was always going to be a chance things would take a couple of seasons. I’m guessing he’ll be learning a hell of lot about both his squad and how to get a team out of this League.

Teams that go up have to learn to grind out results, especially mid season, as Wednesday are now demonstrating! We somehow need to add that ruthless edge!
McKenna on 23:43 - Feb 4 with 1637 viewsnshearman1

McKenna on 22:03 - Feb 4 by McCall

These are indeed valid questions. But while it was a different era, it's a bit like Sir Bobby being called out to be sacked when the Cobbolds stuck by him. This is a long-term project. McKenna is worth sticking with - but he must pull his finger out now - and so must the players.
McKenna on 07:50 - Feb 5 with 1376 viewsshamboy

The exact and precise moment when Kieron begins to feel the heat is when Ashton starts being questioned by the owners.
When will that be? Round about now. Ashton will move into self preservation mode as sure as night follows day. That's when the cracks will begin to appear.
Notice how Ashton is around when the wins are flowing, but absent when his support is needed most.
McKenna on 08:00 - Feb 5 with 1324 viewsSlimitfc91

McKenna on 07:50 - Feb 5 by shamboy

The exact and precise moment when Kieron begins to feel the heat is when Ashton starts being questioned by the owners.
When will that be? Round about now. Ashton will move into self preservation mode as sure as night follows day. That's when the cracks will begin to appear.
Notice how Ashton is around when the wins are flowing, but absent when his support is needed most.

In what way is Ashton ‘absent’ ?
McKenna on 09:03 - Feb 5 with 1107 viewsNorthSuffolk

McKenna on 07:50 - Feb 5 by shamboy

Not sure you know the meaning of the word absent. He goes to every game, other than yesterday when he was at the beam back with the fans. No doubt he’s also around behind the scenes, as we’ve just come out of the transfer window..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024