Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody hell 21:40 - Feb 14 with 1984 viewsDubtractor

Nothing positive at all to take from that was there.

Was obvious it was going to end nil nil from about 20 minutes in.

Have to question why McKenna didn't try something different after about 60 minutes, rather than just the same but with different players.

Too many players weren't just not on form, but were really poor.

Bloody hell.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bloody hell on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 1920 viewsITFC_Forever

A clean sheet?

(Clutches at straws)

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bloody hell on 21:44 - Feb 14 with 1897 viewsdavblue

It’s far too robotic and safe in the final 3rd.

It looks like it’s far too coached in that top end rather than allowing freedom.
Bloody hell on 21:46 - Feb 14 with 1859 viewsmrfixit426

Ultimately it wasn't good enough. But I'm not looking for overnight success. The club is moving in the right direction.
Bloody hell on 21:48 - Feb 14 with 1820 viewsLeoMuff

Only positive is we got away with a huge slice of lick we didn’t concede when Walton dropped it.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Bloody hell on 21:50 - Feb 14 with 1775 viewsHerbivore

It was crap. We have so little composure and conviction in the final third. Loads of players look out of form and nobody really looks like they are going to make something happen with a bit of individual quality. We needed to turn up tonight and too many players just didn't look up to the challenge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bloody hell on 22:17 - Feb 14 with 1642 viewsDubtractor

Bloody hell on 21:48 - Feb 14 by LeoMuff

Only positive is we got away with a huge slice of lick we didn’t concede when Walton dropped it.

Also, I thought the ref was decent.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Bloody hell on 22:20 - Feb 14 with 1570 viewsLeoMuff

Bloody hell on 22:17 - Feb 14 by Dubtractor

Also, I thought the ref was decent.

He was, I agree

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Bloody hell on 22:22 - Feb 14 with 1533 viewsbluebudgie

Bloody hell on 21:46 - Feb 14 by mrfixit426

Ultimately it wasn't good enough. But I'm not looking for overnight success. The club is moving in the right direction.

The club may be heading in the right direction but Mckenna and his team are certainly not!
Login to get fewer ads

Bloody hell on 22:22 - Feb 14 with 1531 viewsmrfixit426

Bloody hell on 22:22 - Feb 14 by bluebudgie

The club may be heading in the right direction but Mckenna and his team are certainly not!

Explain pls.
Bloody hell on 22:23 - Feb 14 with 1521 viewsFunge

Bloody hell on 21:46 - Feb 14 by mrfixit426

Luckily ITFC get neither overnight success, nor any other kind of fcking success either, so that's good.

Top of the table to 4th and out of automatic promotion contention in 3 months; mmmm, yes, certainly a direction, maybe not the 'right' one though?
Bloody hell on 22:25 - Feb 14 with 1497 viewsDubtractor

Bloody hell on 22:23 - Feb 14 by Funge

Luckily ITFC get neither overnight success, nor any other kind of fcking success either, so that's good.

Top of the table to 4th and out of automatic promotion contention in 3 months; mmmm, yes, certainly a direction, maybe not the 'right' one though?

You know I'm as positive as it gets Funge, but crikey that tested me tonight.

Bloody hell on 22:26 - Feb 14 with 1473 viewsFunge

Bloody hell on 22:25 - Feb 14 by Dubtractor

You know I'm as positive as it gets Funge, but crikey that tested me tonight.

Dismal stuff Dubbers.

I like McK a lot, but he's asking some bloody stupid questions at the moment
Bloody hell on 22:26 - Feb 14 with 1455 viewsbluebudgie

Bloody hell on 22:22 - Feb 14 by mrfixit426

Explain pls.

I would have thought it was pretty obvious we have dropped like a stone the team league performances have been poor apart from Saturday's second half .despite spending millions Mckenna and the team have gone backward. Now take off your blue-colored spectacles and see what is happening at the club!
Bloody hell on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 1390 viewsParky

We’re 5 league games unbeaten
Bloody hell on 22:30 - Feb 14 with 1363 viewsmrfixit426

Bloody hell on 22:26 - Feb 14 by bluebudgie

I would have thought it was pretty obvious we have dropped like a stone the team league performances have been poor apart from Saturday's second half .despite spending millions Mckenna and the team have gone backward. Now take off your blue-colored spectacles and see what is happening at the club!

Ok. You can't.
Bloody hell on 22:32 - Feb 14 with 1308 viewsbluebudgie

Bloody hell on 22:30 - Feb 14 by mrfixit426

Ok. You can't.

idiot
Bloody hell on 22:37 - Feb 14 with 1229 viewsmrfixit426

Bloody hell on 22:32 - Feb 14 by bluebudgie

idiot

Brilliant response.

You said the club was moving forward but the coaching team were not. I've asked you why, and you landed on calling me an idiot.

Dropping like a stone is objective, but I asked for the reasons why. I don't think you really know. Who is really the idiot here?
Bloody hell on 22:40 - Feb 14 with 1174 viewsRobTheMonk

I felt like I was watching Paul Lambert’s team tonight. Slow and ponderous using the same attempts at attack over and over.

From back to front we were poor.

In a game with not much to do, Walton still managed to remind us that he’s been on a downward performance trajectory for quite some time.

The centre backs were passing slower than a constipated areshole.

Davis is looking very much like a good attacking fullback who lacks a bit going backwards.

Donacien was the opposite. Good going back but lacking going forward.

Morsy was off it tonight. I wonder if that yellow card away from a suspension is playing on his mind with the lack of available midfielders at the moment.

Humphreys had a game to forgot. Looked tired in the second half. Needs to learn when to put his foot in and take a tactical foul.

Harness is a busy player but his touch at times is so bad it would look amateur in a Tuesday Powerplay 5 a side league.

People now just sit off Burns and that seems to nullify him. It did open space for David tonight, but we missed Evans’ pings to him.

Aluko looked off it. Almost like he’s not played in a settled team. Funny that…

Thought Ladapo was good with the service he had. Unsung hero tonight.

Edwards was busy when he came on and gave us something a bit different.

Broadhead looked good.

Chaplin got into good positions.

Clarke was okay apart from his god awful long throws.

Hirst didn’t really do much.

Pretty drab performance. 5 minutes left and still doing the same thing which resulted in, what, one shot on goal from a tight angle? Tempo needs upping, tactical changes need implementing and players need to individually up their game.

That’s a shocking result when teams around us are starting to go through the gears.

Frustrated.
Bloody hell on 22:43 - Feb 14 with 1095 viewsmrfixit426

Bloody hell on 22:40 - Feb 14 by RobTheMonk

I felt like I was watching Paul Lambert’s team tonight. Slow and ponderous using the same attempts at attack over and over.

In a game with not much to do, Walton still managed to remind us that he’s been on a downward performance trajectory for quite some time.

Davis is looking very much like a good attacking fullback who lacks a bit going backwards.

Morsy was off it tonight. I wonder if that yellow card away from a suspension is playing on his mind with the lack of available midfielders at the moment.

Humphreys had a game to forgot. Looked tired in the second half. Needs to learn when to put his foot in and take a tactical foul.

Harness is a busy player but his touch at times is so bad it would look amateur in a Tuesday Powerplay 5 a side league.

People now just sit off Burns and that seems to nullify him. It did open space for David tonight, but we missed Evans’ pings to him.

Broadhead looked good.

Pretty drab performance. 5 minutes left and still doing the same thing which resulted in, what, one shot on goal from a tight angle? Tempo needs upping, tactical changes need implementing and players need to individually up their game.

That’s a shocking result when teams around us are starting to go through the gears.

Frustrated.

This is the best post I've seen tonight.

I think you nailed everything.
Bloody hell on 22:43 - Feb 14 with 1085 viewsmonkeymagic

I suspect we'll do enough to cling onto a play off spot but I would be astonished if we went up. That would (I think) be a poor outcome given the investment and squad and I don’t see much difference between coming 11th or 6th if ultimately we don’t go up.
That said, even though this season is rapidly going sour I still feel there are some positives, albeit financial rather than sporting. Even if GC bailed, our balance sheet is sound and we have quite a few sellable players that we could rebuild from moving them on. We are at least sustainable and viable, there were times towards the end of the Evans reign that I thought we could completely sink. It’s a sorry state of affairs when continuing to exist is a high point but that’s all I’ve got.
Bloody hell on 22:48 - Feb 14 with 1024 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Bloody hell on 22:40 - Feb 14 by RobTheMonk

Broadhead looked good.

Frustrated.

Teams have cottoned on how to deal with the dual number 10s, I'd switch back to 3-4-1-2, maybe something like
Walton
Edmundson - Woolfenden - Clarke
Jackson - Morsy - Luongo - Davis
Broadhead
Ladapo - Hirst

Otherwise teams have figured out how to push us wide by stepping up onto our number 10s, then we go incredibly wide and attempt static crosses from the touch line, which with the best will in the world, is going to be a struggle.
Bloody hell on 23:39 - Feb 14 with 900 viewsbluebudgie

Bloody hell on 22:37 - Feb 14 by mrfixit426

Brilliant response.

You said the club was moving forward but the coaching team were not. I've asked you why, and you landed on calling me an idiot.

Dropping like a stone is objective, but I asked for the reasons why. I don't think you really know. Who is really the idiot here?

You really are a sad pathetic individual
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 23:40]
Bloody hell on 23:41 - Feb 14 with 879 viewsmrfixit426

Bloody hell on 23:39 - Feb 14 by bluebudgie

You really are a sad pathetic individual
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 23:40]

Keep trying. What's your next insult?
Bloody hell on 07:41 - Feb 15 with 602 viewsHerbivore

Bloody hell on 22:48 - Feb 14 by SouthfieldsBlue

Teams have cottoned on how to deal with the dual number 10s, I'd switch back to 3-4-1-2, maybe something like
Walton
Edmundson - Woolfenden - Clarke
Jackson - Morsy - Luongo - Davis
Broadhead
Ladapo - Hirst

Otherwise teams have figured out how to push us wide by stepping up onto our number 10s, then we go incredibly wide and attempt static crosses from the touch line, which with the best will in the world, is going to be a struggle.

I'm not necessarily averse to pushing two up top and playing one number ten, if only because too many of our number tens are looking ineffectual right now. However, based on what I've seen so far I'd be reluctant to play Hirst up there. He's shown the odd moment of quality, but I'd rather see Broadhead up there alongside Ladapo as I think it's a more natural pairing, probably with Chaplin in behind as he carries a goal threat and is good at finding those pockets of space.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024