Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level 21:13 - Dec 9 with 1817 viewsMullet

Whether it'll simply be in the Premiership some day, or at the very top of the game. It might not be with either of their present clubs but I think we saw the first encounter of two blokes who will be at the forefront of the next generation of managers in the country.

Boro looked like we did in the early days, maybe with a shade of when MM came here and we got pumped by the really big sides. The killer difference today wasn't that we have better players, but we are fully immersed in a way to play.

We started a little slow I thought, but it teased Boro apart. Side to side movements up and back and across until they tripped a press and away we went. If this was two teams at their zenith with their best players we might have found it harder today. But we are a year or more ahead of Boro and with investment to come it'll be interesting to see where both teams are at this summer.

There's an argument they didn't really test us, but when your keeper is cushioning clearances down from set pieces almost in their half, you know which way the power has shifted. We made two really good goals today and Omari seemed to double take as he went through, perhaps unable to believe how he beat the offside line so easily.

We're at the stage of becoming spoilt, of nitpicking, of being too dismissive of so many things but when that bunch of players and their manager came over to trade salutes and soak up the feeling of another win you could see on their faces they weren't taking anything for granted.

Dressed in a palette of black and charcoal, McKenna cut a figure at odds with the artistry with which he bested his mate schooled in same football grounding and beliefs. I'd not be surprised to see Boro really on the up in a year or less, but today we pissed all over them and gave them a lesson in where all their current holes are.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 21:35 - Dec 9 with 1719 viewsvilanovablue

It was a decent match but Boro were limited by injury and suspension..However I can't disagree with the excellent narrative.
Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 08:46 - Dec 10 with 1427 viewsMullet

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 21:35 - Dec 9 by vilanovablue

It was a decent match but Boro were limited by injury and suspension..However I can't disagree with the excellent narrative.

I think it's fascinating that until 3pm, the fanbase were talking about an open game, goals and people accepting a draw or even loss. The manner in which laid that on Boro seems to have completely whitewashed that, but it was a very impressive win and performance for me.

I was surprised Boro started the season so poorly, then when they got a run together it made sense, but I think also the injuries etc are slightly overplayed and misleading. Same as the weird "smash and grab" narrative they've put it. Neither really represent the reality.

When they get players like Rogers, Crooks, Clarke etc working together properly they'll be a force. I think the display of the keepers says it all. Our made one fantastic save when called upon and swept everything out. Theirs was missing passes and playing it to the hoardings because they weren't cohesive like we were.

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 09:08 - Dec 10 with 1374 viewsMK1

One of them is destined for the very top, jury still out on the other. I let you decide which is which.
Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 11:36 - Dec 10 with 1268 viewsMullet

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 09:08 - Dec 10 by MK1

One of them is destined for the very top, jury still out on the other. I let you decide which is which.

Like any manager, both men are one wrong club from that being limited etc. but I think Carrick and McKenna complement each other very well.

One has years of coaching experience and the other has the playing career. However, you sense both are fully invested in management not just their egos compared to say Rooney et al.

There were things Carrick did to try and exploit us, like putting Crooks on our Cms to provoke reactions and win fouls whereas we forced them wide when they had players like Rogers who likes to cut in. The battle down the wings was fascinating all over the pitch.

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 11:43 - Dec 10 with 1246 viewsElephantintheRoom

Hmmm - Boro are a mid-table team with half their team missing. It was a nailed on away win that followed the script

I dont recall the narrative being quite so ecstatic after the WBA game. Imagine the furore and need for signings if Town go two or three games without winning

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 11:44 - Dec 10 with 1229 viewsMullet

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 11:43 - Dec 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Hmmm - Boro are a mid-table team with half their team missing. It was a nailed on away win that followed the script

I dont recall the narrative being quite so ecstatic after the WBA game. Imagine the furore and need for signings if Town go two or three games without winning

Shut up.

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 11:45 - Dec 10 with 1214 viewsKeno

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 11:43 - Dec 10 by ElephantintheRoom

But in that scenario I’m sure we are all grateful that we have such amazing caring owner would be be more than able to support the manager in any recruitment in the coming window

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 11:54 - Dec 10 with 1190 viewsbournemouthblue

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 21:35 - Dec 9 by vilanovablue

For sure, we have probably caught them at a good time to be fair but we still got the job done. That will be a good result when we look back across the season, the same true for Southampton and Sunderland

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 12:07 - Dec 10 with 1166 views_clive_baker_

It was never a nailed on win, it’s a tough place to go against a side with a good home record. Last time out they beat Preston 4-0 and the game before they beat Leicester. And as we know from yesterday, beating Preston at home isn’t for everyone.

It’s a tough League, winning 2-0 away to sides like Middlesbrough isn’t straight forward or nailed on under any circumstances, regardless of injuries.
Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 15:41 - Dec 10 with 1042 viewsVic

Yes they have a long injury list but I think I saw somewhere that before yesterday they had won five out of their last six home games. Not such a banker as you suggest - just that we were too good for them.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 15:43 - Dec 10 with 1036 viewsMK1

Why are you on here?
Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 16:19 - Dec 10 with 975 viewsMullet

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 12:07 - Dec 10 by _clive_baker_

It was never a nailed on win, it’s a tough place to go against a side with a good home record. Last time out they beat Preston 4-0 and the game before they beat Leicester. And as we know from yesterday, beating Preston at home isn’t for everyone.

It’s a tough League, winning 2-0 away to sides like Middlesbrough isn’t straight forward or nailed on under any circumstances, regardless of injuries.

It's good of you to try, but I'm always baffled by these experts who don't actually pay attention to other teams or anything much at all.

Those two managers will do that dance again at a higher level on 16:49 - Dec 10 with 892 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Only one of the starting 11 had less than 10 appearances this season. 9 have played in 70% of their matches.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024