Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we 14:24 - Dec 27 with 1506 viewsNthQldITFC

... distinctly changed gear? Sometime midway through the second half, I think it was.

I remember Chappers in particular suddenly starting to play like a man possessed - he looked almost angry all of a sudden. I think others like Harness and Morsy did similar.

It was like a switch was thrown and the team somehow thought, "Right, we're taking this back and you're not going to stop us". Any self doubt seemed to evaporate then.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 14:26 - Dec 27 with 1467 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wouldnt be suprised if KM at HT said keep it tight, then on............. lets get going

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 14:32 - Dec 27 with 1429 viewscbower

I think it started last 5 mins of first half myself. Despite Leicester controlling parts of the 2nd half, the game was swinging more towards us, we were showing more belief we could go through the thirds and we moved the ball with more tempo. It's when we slow it down too much for me that we create our own problems. Think we lacked belief for a while after they scored and the loss of Hirst was damaging. What they say, although a little trite, but "Trust the process" is right. A little doubt crept in but the final 5 mins of first half wer important in getting back that trust.

bluescouser

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 14:35 - Dec 27 with 1398 viewsbadadski

Yeah after a few of the fouls and decisions not going out way prior to the harness incident flipped a few into hulk mode - all the runs, flicks, lay offs, move and goes we’re bang on unlike against Leeds where everything was sloppy.
If we can get Chaplin or broadhead back to even half as clinical as the end of last season then we will be frightening.
Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 14:47 - Dec 27 with 1348 viewsBigCommon

Our fitness levels are insane... We kicked it up a notch, whilst they started lagging.. Dewsbury Hall, for instance, stopped making those forward runs and was substituted..
There was definitely a turning of the tide. For once I don't think it was anything clever from KM, just fresh legs of the bench.. Just looked to me that our lot were playing for pride and the badge, and dug deep . Lets be honest, Morsy is a fkn android.. He seemed to get stronger and quicker as the game went on. Proper leader, grabbed the MF by the scruff.. Although he seems to be more confident with Mass on the pitch.. Thats nothing against Taylor who I thought did well. But it looked like Morsy was happier getting forward, with Mass covering...
Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 14:48 - Dec 27 with 1337 viewsNthQldITFC

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 14:35 - Dec 27 by badadski

Yeah after a few of the fouls and decisions not going out way prior to the harness incident flipped a few into hulk mode - all the runs, flicks, lay offs, move and goes we’re bang on unlike against Leeds where everything was sloppy.
If we can get Chaplin or broadhead back to even half as clinical as the end of last season then we will be frightening.

Yeah, that's a good description of what I felt. It was total commitment to the attack rather than cautiousness all of a sudden.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 14:50 - Dec 27 with 1332 viewsVic

I didn’t sense a particular point - but is was clear towards the end of the first half that we had grown in confidence and started to play with more freedom.

I’m sure it wasn’t the case, but it felt like the team knew Leicester were full of prem quality and were a little cagey, almost in awe and expecting to struggle against them. But then despite conceding gradually realising that they were not actually that much better and could start to express and impose themselves on them instead.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 17:13 - Dec 27 with 1035 viewshomer_123

Not sure it was as much a gear change as a 'realisation'.

Maybe it dawned on them that they are competing and playing at this level. It's not luck or merely riding a crest of form or confidence.

This is the level where we are. We deserve to be here and we can compete with the likes of Leicester.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 21:09 - Dec 27 with 748 viewsBluespeed225

Hutchinson came on, and don’t know if he was instructed or just thought ‘sod it’, his only aim seemed to drive into their box, which he did, drawing corners, throw ins, and balls across. Came on and was up to speed from the off. Great to see.
Login to get fewer ads

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 22:27 - Dec 27 with 648 viewsVic

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 17:13 - Dec 27 by homer_123

Not sure it was as much a gear change as a 'realisation'.

Maybe it dawned on them that they are competing and playing at this level. It's not luck or merely riding a crest of form or confidence.

This is the level where we are. We deserve to be here and we can compete with the likes of Leicester.

That’s how I saw it. You put it better than me!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Did anybody else get the feeling that there was a point last night where we on 22:48 - Dec 27 with 597 viewsChurchman

I sensed it and I think it bodes well for the business end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024