Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn's latest car crash 12:34 - May 11 with 6627 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:38 - May 11 with 2973 viewshype313

Why is Tom Cruise with him?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:40 - May 11 with 2946 viewsWD19

Would have expected it to like this had he seen it was Laura Kuennsberg.

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:41 - May 11 with 2943 viewsStenvict

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:38 - May 11 by hype313

Because it's a mission impossible

Poll: What will be announced first?

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:42 - May 11 with 2936 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:38 - May 11 by hype313

He's there for his latest film.

Mission Impossible VI: Elect Corbyn.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:42 - May 11 with 2928 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:41 - May 11 by Stenvict

B^gger. You beat me to it.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:44 - May 11 with 2918 viewsLord_Lucan

To be fair I think the cameraman is playing up.

I've had my foot driven over a couple of times with no damage. The cameraman ends up looking like he has just been rescued from the peak of Everest.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:46 - May 11 with 2901 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:44 - May 11 by Lord_Lucan

To be fair I think the cameraman is playing up.

I've had my foot driven over a couple of times with no damage. The cameraman ends up looking like he has just been rescued from the peak of Everest.

You ended up in a wheelchair after a leisurely stroll across the grass at Carrot Road.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:46 - May 11 with 2896 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

They missed Laura Kuenssberg then....wow do you read that paper a lot, very fair and balanced I thought. On the plus side a got to see a naked playboy model on a mountain in New Zealand, she's cursed apparently......although I don't think she was Russian Glassers !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:49 - May 11 with 2877 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:46 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

They missed Laura Kuenssberg then....wow do you read that paper a lot, very fair and balanced I thought. On the plus side a got to see a naked playboy model on a mountain in New Zealand, she's cursed apparently......although I don't think she was Russian Glassers !

No. I don't read that paper at all. It is a tweet that is being circulated on the internet.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:55 - May 11 with 2847 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:49 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

No. I don't read that paper at all. It is a tweet that is being circulated on the internet.

What the one by sun journalist Alain Tolhurst.......maybe you follow him, or was it sent by Central command for retweeting by all Torybots?

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:55 - May 11 with 2847 viewslowhouseblue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:41 - May 11 by Stenvict

isn't oblivion a tom cruise film? seems apt.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:55 - May 11 with 2852 viewsLord_Lucan

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:46 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

You ended up in a wheelchair after a leisurely stroll across the grass at Carrot Road.

Not so.

I broke my foot coming out of the pub the following evening.

If the court assumed that I broke my foot at the game and that might have been punishment enough so no need to punish me further then so be it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:02 - May 11 with 2800 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 12:55 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

What the one by sun journalist Alain Tolhurst.......maybe you follow him, or was it sent by Central command for retweeting by all Torybots?

It was on the news. If you then google "Corbyn car crash" you get a choice of three or four tweets at the top of the page from various news sources. I chose one at random.

I'm already starting you regret taking you off the naughty step. Is it going to be like this again?

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:19 - May 11 with 2740 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:02 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

It was on the news. If you then google "Corbyn car crash" you get a choice of three or four tweets at the top of the page from various news sources. I chose one at random.

I'm already starting you regret taking you off the naughty step. Is it going to be like this again?

A little when I'm not working as unfortunately I haven't got any "dogs" to do my "barking"......admit it, it's a little bit like coming home though don't you think?

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:25 - May 11 with 2721 viewsSwansea_Blue

I must be turning into a commie, as a lot of these policies on the face of it sound like things we should be aiming for. Granted the devil is in the detail and I'm well aware of the concerns over costing.

- Publically run railways and freeze fares
(I'm not keen on public ownership, but we have the highest fares in Europe and other countries make public ownership work)

- Energy market partially re-nationalised and average household dual fuel bills capped at £1,000 a year
(widely acknowledged that we haven't planned for the future under private ownership and the the market is a mess, so something has to change)

- University tuition fees abolished and maintenance grants reintroduced
(Fantastic, education underpins everything)

- Against leaving EU without a deal
(Sensible)

- No commitment to cutting immigration levels
(Realistic. Govt hasn't been able to get close to meeting their pledges, and has already admitted it can't after Brexit)

- Zero hours contracts outlawed and unpaid internships banned
(Reducing exploitation purely for profit sounds like something any worker should support (and any employer with the well being of their staff at heart)

- On executive pay a 20:1 limit on gap between the lowest and highest paid workers in companies given Government contracts
(Too controlling for my liking, but the inequality gap is huge and too many execs are paid for failure)

- A pledge to build a million new homes, including 100,000 council and housing association homes
(We need new homes, every party agrees)

- Borrowing £250bn to invest over a decade on energy, transport and digital infrastructure
(See above regarding lack of investment under private sector. We need to do something to build future proof infrastructure. E.g. power station replacements are lacking, we've lamely surrendered our position as a top renewable energy nation, we're 21st out of 36 OECD countries for internet speed)

- Lower the voting age to 16
(If we want to engage young people in politics, the sooner we do it the better imo)

- Support the renewal of Trident but a commitment to a “nuclear free world”
(A nuclear free world is a great aspiration. Good to see pragmatism here as there is the whole issue of deterrence to be considered. It's a long-burner.)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:25 - May 11 with 2707 viewsNo9

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:19 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

A little when I'm not working as unfortunately I haven't got any "dogs" to do my "barking"......admit it, it's a little bit like coming home though don't you think?

Told by the tories to get this out to draw attention away from the horrible imbalance of imports V exports & the BoE telling everyone the economy is slowing.
Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:25 - May 11 with 2705 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:19 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Working? I thought you were an Anarcho syndicalist. In reality you are a wage slave.

Fight the power!!

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:33 - May 11 with 2671 viewshype313

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:25 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

I must be turning into a commie, as a lot of these policies on the face of it sound like things we should be aiming for. Granted the devil is in the detail and I'm well aware of the concerns over costing.

(I'm not keen on public ownership, but we have the highest fares in Europe and other countries make public ownership work)

- Energy market partially re-nationalised and average household dual fuel bills capped at £1,000 a year
(widely acknowledged that we haven't planned for the future under private ownership and the the market is a mess, so something has to change)

(Sensible)

(Realistic. Govt hasn't been able to get close to meeting their pledges, and has already admitted it can't after Brexit)

(Reducing exploitation purely for profit sounds like something any worker should support (and any employer with the well being of their staff at heart)

- On executive pay a 20:1 limit on gap between the lowest and highest paid workers in companies given Government contracts
(Too controlling for my liking, but the inequality gap is huge and too many execs are paid for failure)

- A pledge to build a million new homes, including 100,000 council and housing association homes

- Borrowing £250bn to invest over a decade on energy, transport and digital infrastructure
(See above regarding lack of investment under private sector. We need to do something to build future proof infrastructure. E.g. power station replacements are lacking, we've lamely surrendered our position as a top renewable energy nation, we're 21st out of 36 OECD countries for internet speed)

(If we want to engage young people in politics, the sooner we do it the better imo)

(A nuclear free world is a great aspiration. Good to see pragmatism here as there is the whole issue of deterrence to be considered. It's a long-burner.)

Against leaving EU without a deal
(Sensible)

Er if we did that they would just say "we're not giving you any sort of deal" Knowing we would not leave the EU. Bit silly

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:38 - May 11 with 2651 viewslowhouseblue

(Sensible)

if we're not going to address the costing why stop here? why not free rail travel for all? energy bills capped at £500? all students paid the national average wage when they study? money is a detail.

the thing about costing is that it forces you to say what matters most. £500 bn of borrowing plus annual budget deficits is a way of claiming you'll do everything any one can dream of. but none of it is then credible.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:41 - May 11 with 2629 viewschicoazul

(Sensible)

We don't need new homes. There is no shortage of homes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:42 - May 11 with 2627 viewsSwansea_Blue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:33 - May 11 by hype313

Against leaving EU without a deal
(Sensible)

Er if we did that they would just say "we're not giving you any sort of deal" Knowing we would not leave the EU. Bit silly

They need a deal as much as we do. Nobody wants this to be a failure, on either side

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:44 - May 11 with 2615 viewsSwansea_Blue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:38 - May 11 by lowhouseblue

if we're not going to address the costing why stop here? why not free rail travel for all? energy bills capped at £500? all students paid the national average wage when they study? money is a detail.

the thing about costing is that it forces you to say what matters most. £500 bn of borrowing plus annual budget deficits is a way of claiming you'll do everything any one can dream of. but none of it is then credible.

They are going to address the costs in the final manifesto when it's published, as far as I'm aware. Yes, they need to be scrutinised.

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:49 - May 11 with 2583 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:44 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

They are going to address the costs in the final manifesto when it's published, as far as I'm aware. Yes, they need to be scrutinised.

I'll be honest. I think the education proposals are very innovative and forward thinking.

As for the rest, an Emeritus Professor David Parker completely took apart the re nationalisation plans earlier.

Of course Corbyn probably won't live to see every rail franchise go back into public ownership. The final contract runs out in 2036 when he will be 87.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:51 - May 11 with 2569 viewsSwansea_Blue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:41 - May 11 by chicoazul

We don't need new homes. There is no shortage of homes.

Seems to be the consensus that there is a shortage of homes in the system:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/housing-white-paper

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:56 - May 11 with 2549 viewslowhouseblue

Corbyn's latest car crash on 13:44 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

https://capx.co/labours-manifesto-takes-the-voters-for-fools/

read this and you'll see what I mean

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024