Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday 21:19 - Jun 12 with 2629 viewsMaySixth

Will be my eighth time in total

A fine band

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:25 - Jun 12 with 2622 viewsSwansea_Blue

WHat's Ian Brown like with the Stone Roses? I've been to one of his solo gigs and he was without doubt the worse live performer I've ever seen, and that includes in local pub bands. He was shocking and got booed off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:25 - Jun 12 with 2614 viewsMaySixth

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:25 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

WHat's Ian Brown like with the Stone Roses? I've been to one of his solo gigs and he was without doubt the worse live performer I've ever seen, and that includes in local pub bands. He was shocking and got booed off.

He's a terrible singer, always has been.

Brilliant front man.

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:30 - Jun 12 with 2610 viewsLord_Lucan

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:25 - Jun 12 by MaySixth

Brilliant front man.

I saw him solo at V and he was rubbish. Also seen Stone Roses at Finsbury Park and they were good.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:36 - Jun 12 with 2600 viewsMattinLondon

I never thought I'd ever watch the Stone Roses live but then they reformed and I saw them in Manchester which was a fantastic experience as well as a fantastic weekend.

Regarding Ian Brown - I saw one of his solo gigs and he was a bit of a knob. A women climbed on the shoulders of her mate which prompted another mate to undo her bikini top. IAn Brown then said '30,000 people never seen a tit before - pathetic' and someone shouted out 'there's one on stage' which he didn't take too kindly too. IAn Brown then spent the next few minutes trying to burn various flags. Unfortunately for him his lighter wasn't working and he looked like an idiot.
Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:43 - Jun 12 with 2593 viewsDubtractor

I've only seen them once, Reading Festival 96, which is recognised as one of THE worst festival sets of all time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/music-magazine/music-magaz

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:48 - Jun 12 with 2573 viewsMaySixth

First time I saw them was in at Camden Town Dingwalls about 1988

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:53 - Jun 12 with 2565 viewsMelford

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:43 - Jun 12 by Dubtractor

I've only seen them once, Reading Festival 96, which is recognised as one of THE worst festival sets of all time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/music-magazine/music-magaz

***k knows why they did that gig. No Squire or Reni, but a keyboard player and some dancing girls. I have seen some youtube footage of that, you may have heard some of my dodgy vocals on my Soundcloud tunes I put up there, seriously. I sound like Pavarotti compared to that. I am a massive Roses fan but that was abysmal.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 22:12 - Jun 12 with 2536 viewsolimar

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 21:30 - Jun 12 by Lord_Lucan

I saw him solo at V and he was rubbish. Also seen Stone Roses at Finsbury Park and they were good.

I saw him live at Glastonbury about a month after Squire started doing Stone Roses songs with the Seahorses. Up until then, Brown had refused to do Roses song but basically said if hes going to do them, then Im going to do them properly. And he was really good, his solo stuff stands up on its own, but it was really topped by him doing Roses songs (Mani stood in the wings as he had played with Primal Scream earlier that evening but sadly didnt join him).
I saw the band at Finsbury Park and whilst it was amazing to get to see this great band play all that epic stuff (and as a band I thought they played pretty well), I couldnt help thinking that their set needed some new stuff too, just to remove that sense of watching a band cashing in. I dont think Id likely see them again without some new stuff now.
By contrast, Id definitely see Ian Brown solo again.
Login to get fewer ads

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 22:16 - Jun 12 with 2521 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brilliant front man.

Yeah, I suppose when he's got the band behind him it leaves him more time to strut and pose. When he's the sole focus of the show it's a car crash. I love their studio stuff though - Stone Roses, Stone Roses is one of my favourite albums and I am the Resurrection the best single that nearly was if only they'd been able to release the full album version.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 22:19 - Jun 12 with 2512 viewsMelford

Brilliant front man.

Bob Dylan, Shaun Ryder, Mark E. Smith, Bobby Gillespie, Lou Reed and Barney Sumner put together couldn't hold a tune in a bucket. It doesn't matter. I don't think it helps Ian Brown that all the rest of the band are such superb players of their instruments, you haven't had a band with a better bassist, drummer and lead guitar combination since Led Zeppelin's Page, Jones and Bonham. Before that you would have had The Who with Towshend, Entwhistle and Moon the loon. Ian Brown is no Robert Plant or Roger Daltrey.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 00:02 - Jun 13 with 2459 viewsOsborneOneNil

Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 22:12 - Jun 12 by olimar

I saw him live at Glastonbury about a month after Squire started doing Stone Roses songs with the Seahorses. Up until then, Brown had refused to do Roses song but basically said if hes going to do them, then Im going to do them properly. And he was really good, his solo stuff stands up on its own, but it was really topped by him doing Roses songs (Mani stood in the wings as he had played with Primal Scream earlier that evening but sadly didnt join him).
I saw the band at Finsbury Park and whilst it was amazing to get to see this great band play all that epic stuff (and as a band I thought they played pretty well), I couldnt help thinking that their set needed some new stuff too, just to remove that sense of watching a band cashing in. I dont think Id likely see them again without some new stuff now.
By contrast, Id definitely see Ian Brown solo again.

Top post, bang on with all you say.
Going to see Stone Roses at Wembley this Saturday on 08:50 - Jun 13 with 2378 viewsartsbossbeard

Can't wait.

I've never heard of G-O-D but looking forward to Blossoms & Sleaford Mods too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024