Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... 14:40 - Jun 22 with 15387 viewsSwailsey

Would people be happy?

*subject to personal preference/formation etc.

Bart
Spence | Webster | Chambers | Kenlock/Knudsen
Ward | Huws (wishful) | Rowe
Celina
McGoldrick | Garner

On paper, that's a fairly reasonable team isn't it?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 14:40]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:42 - Jun 22 with 8302 viewsITFC_Forever

Would prefer a left-footed CB alongside a right-footed one.

And there's no way on this earth Mick would pick that midfield - too lightweight and no-one to tackle / hold.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:42 - Jun 22 with 8313 viewsKieran_Knows

I do think Mick will stick with 3-5-2 (5-3-2) next season, but I think Knudsen may well be used as one of the centre backs, with Kenlock keeping the LB position his own.

Bart
Spence Webster Chambers Smith Kenlock
Ward Skuse (New CM)
McGoldrick
Garner

I imagine lining up something like that, obviously similar to yourselves. The only exception is that I don't think we'll get Huws back.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:43 - Jun 22 with 8299 viewsSwailsey

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:42 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

I do think Mick will stick with 3-5-2 (5-3-2) next season, but I think Knudsen may well be used as one of the centre backs, with Kenlock keeping the LB position his own.

Bart
Ward Skuse (New CM)
McGoldrick
Garner

I imagine lining up something like that, obviously similar to yourselves. The only exception is that I don't think we'll get Huws back.

Forgot about Skuse....

I suppose swap him for Huws if not.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:49 - Jun 22 with 8263 viewsKieran_Knows

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:43 - Jun 22 by Swailsey

Forgot about Skuse....

I suppose swap him for Huws if not.

Probably, although I doubt Rowe would be viewed as a CM? I think we'll get Tunnicliffe if i'm honest, he'll gone in and replace Douglas.Coke, which, on the face of it seems a big improvement.

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:53 - Jun 22 with 8242 viewsBluefish

Bart

Spence Webster chambers Smith kenlock
Ward skuse bishop
Mcgoldrick garner

Defenders

Emmanuel
Knudsen

Midfield

Benyu
Dozzell
Rowe
Hyam
Celina

Forwards

Sears

I expect to see Benyu in the 1st team squad this season and we really need bishop back on form

Add in 2 or 3 decent signings and it looks good

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:53 - Jun 22 with 8236 viewsITFC_Forever

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:49 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

Probably, although I doubt Rowe would be viewed as a CM? I think we'll get Tunnicliffe if i'm honest, he'll gone in and replace Douglas.Coke, which, on the face of it seems a big improvement.

Skunnicliffe will not offer much in the way of creativity either.

It was abundantly obvious last season that Huws and Skuse would be a massive improvement on Skuse and anyone else that has played CM in the last couple of seasons apart from maybe Ward.

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:55 - Jun 22 with 8227 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:42 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

Bart
Ward Skuse (New CM)
McGoldrick
Garner

I doubt this is far away from the expected line up unless we get some real first team quality through the door that might replace some of the existing first team.

Alternatively, how do people see us playing if we line 442???

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:56 - Jun 22 with 8222 viewsKieran_Knows

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:53 - Jun 22 by ITFC_Forever

Skunnicliffe will not offer much in the way of creativity either.

It was abundantly obvious last season that Huws and Skuse would be a massive improvement on Skuse and anyone else that has played CM in the last couple of seasons apart from maybe Ward.

I don't necessarily think Tunnicliffe will come in and be an automatic starter, but I certainly think he'd be an improvement of the back up players we have/had (Hyam, Douglas & Coke).

We definitely need Huws to sign permanently, or someone similar. I just think with Huws, why would Warnock let him go now when he's already lost Whittingham & Adeyemi. He's got a ready made replacement in front of him, so may well give him pre-season to prove he can fit in at Cardiff.

Login to get fewer ads

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:57 - Jun 22 with 8215 viewsKieran_Knows

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:55 - Jun 22 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I doubt this is far away from the expected line up unless we get some real first team quality through the door that might replace some of the existing first team.

Alternatively, how do people see us playing if we line 442???

If it went 4-4-2, I presume the following;
Bart
Spence Webster Chambers Knudsen
Ward Skuse (NEW CM) Celina
McGoldrick Garner

I imagine Mick would plump more towards Knudsen at LB in a 4-4-2 personally.

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:59 - Jun 22 with 8204 viewsIpswichTownNL

I happely take this:

-------------------------Gerken----------------------
Spence-----Chambers-----Smith------Kenlock
-------------------------Webster---------------------
Ward--------------------Huws---------------Celina
----------McGoldrick------------Garner-----------

Obv want Bart to stay but since our transfer budget is Bart's Fee minus 1 million that's not happening.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:05 - Jun 22 with 8180 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:57 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

If it went 4-4-2, I presume the following;
Bart
Spence Webster Chambers Knudsen
Ward Skuse (NEW CM) Celina
McGoldrick Garner

I imagine Mick would plump more towards Knudsen at LB in a 4-4-2 personally.

Round pegs/square holes if we play 442

We would have an inbalanced central defence as we will have two right footed centre backs playing and Ward is then wasted out on the wing where he is pretty ineffective IMO.

Keep thinking with the players we have now, we are more set up for a 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation as per your first post. Cant genuinely see us playing 442 next season unless injuries/suspensions dictate it.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:08 - Jun 22 with 8156 viewsKieran_Knows

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:05 - Jun 22 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Round pegs/square holes if we play 442

We would have an inbalanced central defence as we will have two right footed centre backs playing and Ward is then wasted out on the wing where he is pretty ineffective IMO.

Keep thinking with the players we have now, we are more set up for a 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation as per your first post. Cant genuinely see us playing 442 next season unless injuries/suspensions dictate it.

4-4-2 may possibly work if you brought Ward in to the middle and put Rowe out on the wing? I'm not too fussed about having a right footed right side centre back, or left footed left side centre back to be honest. We made the play-offs with Smith and Berra at CB, and i'd say Webster & Chambers are a lot more comfortable with the ball at feet than them 2.

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:08 - Jun 22 with 8153 viewsITFC_Forever

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:56 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

I don't necessarily think Tunnicliffe will come in and be an automatic starter, but I certainly think he'd be an improvement of the back up players we have/had (Hyam, Douglas & Coke).

We definitely need Huws to sign permanently, or someone similar. I just think with Huws, why would Warnock let him go now when he's already lost Whittingham & Adeyemi. He's got a ready made replacement in front of him, so may well give him pre-season to prove he can fit in at Cardiff.

Douglas used to start a high number of games - if he and Huws are not there, then Tunnicliffe or Hyam would be the obvious replacements.

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:10 - Jun 22 with 8134 viewsKieran_Knows

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:08 - Jun 22 by ITFC_Forever

Douglas used to start a high number of games - if he and Huws are not there, then Tunnicliffe or Hyam would be the obvious replacements.

True, I think regardless we'll sign 2no centre mids, and Tunnicliffe will be one of them (IMO).

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:17 - Jun 22 with 8107 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:08 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

4-4-2 may possibly work if you brought Ward in to the middle and put Rowe out on the wing? I'm not too fussed about having a right footed right side centre back, or left footed left side centre back to be honest. We made the play-offs with Smith and Berra at CB, and i'd say Webster & Chambers are a lot more comfortable with the ball at feet than them 2.

I dont mind Ward in a middle 3 but am not sure if it would work with him sat just beside someone like Skuse. Would be good at closing other midfields down but very little else IMO.

As for centre backs we will have to agree to disagree on that one as I would much rather have a left footed player & right footed player in there. You only have to see Smith try and clear with his right foot or Chambers with his left foot to know that we will get in trouble eventually.

Anyway am fully confident that we will be playing 3-5-2 anyway. Was just playing devils advocate with the 442 or though it will give us a nice stick to beat Mick with if he does play 442 with Chambers at left sided centre back, especially if he does get caught out and start making mistakes there (people will be calling for him to be put back at RB lol).

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:22 - Jun 22 with 8088 viewsLimitlessBlue

No it is too weak for me, webster still young although very good he still needs time, kenlock/knudsen still not as strong as we could get. Huws not signed, Rowe; unsure of him. McGoldrick will sit out more than he plays, Gardner still a lot to prove.

More more more......

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:29 - Jun 22 with 8055 viewsmanchego

That's a solid 16th place finish
on 15:35 - Jun 22 with 8030 views_

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 17:05 - Jun 22 with 7876 viewsTheDailyTractor

Personally I never want to see 5-3-2 at Portman Road ever again. I would like to see pure attacking from kick-off, not half way through the second half. I'm not being pessimistic or slating but last season in that formation it was utterly dull to watch. We looked toothless.

I think Webster would be best infront of the Back four instead of Skuse.

4-1-3-2 for me.

Bart (Has to Stay)
Spence I Chambers I Smith I Kenlock
Webster
Ward/Rowe I Mcgoldrick I Celina
Garner I New Striker
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 17:51 - Jun 22 with 7809 viewsDubtractor

Thing is, that is more or less last season's team, minus the best player.

Last season wasn't great was it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 18:04 - Jun 22 with 7769 viewsTIB

Bart
Ward Skuse (New CM)
McGoldrick
Garner

No Celina? Can't imagine he would have come here without reassurance of first team football? That said, I've yet to establish if the lad plays centrally or out wide!?!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 18:04 - Jun 22 with 7766 viewsBluefish

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 17:51 - Jun 22 by Dubtractor

Thing is, that is more or less last season's team, minus the best player.

Last season wasn't great was it?

Injuries showed up the lack of depth to the squad

We didn't have bishop or hyam all season and Webster for most of it. We have also added garner, Rowe and Celina and kenlock and emmanuel are a year older as are Dozzell and Benyu. The first 2 are real first teamers and the 2nd 2 are breaking through in the same way.

The squad filler last season was poor. 2 or 3 new players and we are ahead. Of those linked You would say huws tunnicliffe and lafferty added to those above leave us in decent shape especially if we sort something for Taylor and add a loanee at some stage
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 18:08]

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 18:10 - Jun 22 with 7751 viewsm14_blue

It's not great though is it.

I can't see any way we'll be competing at the top this year. Really, really hope I'm wrong.
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 18:13 - Jun 22 with 7742 viewsBluefish

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 18:10 - Jun 22 by m14_blue

It's not great though is it.

I can't see any way we'll be competing at the top this year. Really, really hope I'm wrong.

If you are looking at the values of those players on paper then of course we could never look to be at the top of the table. We are mid table at best on resources that is just how football is.

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 19:12 - Jun 22 with 7664 viewsDubtractor

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 18:04 - Jun 22 by Bluefish

Injuries showed up the lack of depth to the squad

We didn't have bishop or hyam all season and Webster for most of it. We have also added garner, Rowe and Celina and kenlock and emmanuel are a year older as are Dozzell and Benyu. The first 2 are real first teamers and the 2nd 2 are breaking through in the same way.

The squad filler last season was poor. 2 or 3 new players and we are ahead. Of those linked You would say huws tunnicliffe and lafferty added to those above leave us in decent shape especially if we sort something for Taylor and add a loanee at some stage
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 18:08]

Don't get me wrong, it isn't all doom and gloom, but as things stand (with loads of transfer activity still likely) we are well short of what is required.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024