Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back 10:30 - Aug 6 with 4428 viewstextbackup

now that was nice to see, already an improved on Error, I mean Berra

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:32 - Aug 6 with 4389 viewsITFCBlues

😂😂😂

Smith isn't the best with the ball at his feet is he? Need to see Webster in there

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:34 - Aug 6 with 4381 viewsblueislander

Was anyone showing to take a short pass from the centre backs, and play through the midfield.?.That would be a huge improvement.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 10:36]
Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:35 - Aug 6 with 4375 viewstextbackup

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:32 - Aug 6 by ITFCBlues

😂😂😂

Smith isn't the best with the ball at his feet is he? Need to see Webster in there

he isn't, but he gave it a good go yesterday. 3/4 times he chested it down and walked into CM with it

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:38 - Aug 6 with 4348 viewsNazemariner

I hear it said quite often that Smith is no good with the ball at his feet.

Poppycock!

Admittedly he won't glide past players with the ball, but has good composure, and is a very capable passer of the ball.
Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:38 - Aug 6 with 4344 viewsITFCBlues

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:34 - Aug 6 by blueislander

Was anyone showing to take a short pass from the centre backs, and play through the midfield.?.That would be a huge improvement.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 10:36]

Stuart Watson was saying how Dozzell was showing for the ball all half before he went off. Makes that injury even more painful to take

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:40 - Aug 6 with 4342 viewspatrickswell

Poor Christophe. I was listening to the Celtic-Hearts game on the drive in. You can't put a price on your emotional happiness, but it sounds like he's walked into a basket case of a club up there. As Ian Brown put it, "It hasn't been a slow news week if you report on Heart of Midlothian".
Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:46 - Aug 6 with 4285 viewstextbackup

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:40 - Aug 6 by patrickswell

Poor Christophe. I was listening to the Celtic-Hearts game on the drive in. You can't put a price on your emotional happiness, but it sounds like he's walked into a basket case of a club up there. As Ian Brown put it, "It hasn't been a slow news week if you report on Heart of Midlothian".

I see most of the first half, he made one good clearance, then just smashed it long

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:51 - Aug 6 with 4265 viewsbluefunk

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:38 - Aug 6 by ITFCBlues

Stuart Watson was saying how Dozzell was showing for the ball all half before he went off. Makes that injury even more painful to take

Dozell was showing for the ball centrally, but we were a little disjointed in the first half. Not blaming AD, just that Birmingham were physical and closing down very quickly, and it took the goal to give us more confidence (and knock them back). For the majority of the second half, all the midfield seems comfortable taking the ball from defenders, Ward, Skuse and Downes. It was also noticeable that the ball was worked up the flanks more in the second half, and got into much better positions as a result, we could have had a couple more from those opportunities, left and right

All in all, it does look like a change of style, long may it continue
Login to get fewer ads

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:51 - Aug 6 with 4262 viewsbournemouthblue

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:38 - Aug 6 by Nazemariner

Poppycock!

Admittedly he won't glide past players with the ball, but has good composure, and is a very capable passer of the ball.

He has a decent left foot on him, he has shown that with some goal scoring prowess

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 11:39 - Aug 6 with 4177 viewsPJH

Although Donaldson had a far easier game than he would have had against Berra as neither Smith nor Chambers could match him in physical challenges or in the air,Berra would have done both.

We will certainly not miss Berra for his footballing ability but we will miss his physical strength and heading ability every time we play against a big centre forward.
Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 11:57 - Aug 6 with 4085 viewstextbackup

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 11:39 - Aug 6 by PJH

Although Donaldson had a far easier game than he would have had against Berra as neither Smith nor Chambers could match him in physical challenges or in the air,Berra would have done both.

We will certainly not miss Berra for his footballing ability but we will miss his physical strength and heading ability every time we play against a big centre forward.

Donaldson didn't score

we kept a clean sheet

berra isn't our player anymore

then end

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 12:01 - Aug 6 with 4062 viewsPJH

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 11:57 - Aug 6 by textbackup

Donaldson didn't score

we kept a clean sheet

berra isn't our player anymore

then end

You introduced Berra's name to the thread so I was just pointing out situations where it seems to me that he will be missed.

Smith and Chambers were bullied yesterday but you are right, Donaldson did not score.
I was pointing out that he would not have had it that easy against Berra.
Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 12:05 - Aug 6 with 4046 viewstextbackup

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 12:01 - Aug 6 by PJH

You introduced Berra's name to the thread so I was just pointing out situations where it seems to me that he will be missed.

Smith and Chambers were bullied yesterday but you are right, Donaldson did not score.
I was pointing out that he would not have had it that easy against Berra.

sorry mate I thought I was replying to someone else, hence then snottyness in message!

lol

anyways, you are right, at times chambers and smith looked a little disjointed to say the least. but hopefully get a bit of Webster in there

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 12:09 - Aug 6 with 4027 viewsbournemouthblue

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 11:39 - Aug 6 by PJH

He's certainly the most dominant headerer of a ball we have had since De Vos

Chambers I like as a centre back, he is generally pretty good at mopping up second balls and is reasonably good on the ball for a centre back

He's worked well with Smith in the past but does definitely need a physical partner next to him

Smith has his own strengths but again needs someone big next to him who is mobile

I still think that in a three you need a big dominant player and at least one mobile member, preferably two in that back three

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 12:11 - Aug 6 with 4016 views3_5_2

Smith is not comfortable on anything over a 10 yard pass to feet. He is a win/head it type of cb so keep him to short passing unless he has to clear his lines.

Helps having centre mids who are happy to receive the ball under pressure

Berra was decent for us in the main but happy with the 3 cb we have now
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 22:02]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 13:15 - Aug 6 with 3904 viewsKieran_Knows

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 12:05 - Aug 6 by textbackup

sorry mate I thought I was replying to someone else, hence then snottyness in message!

lol

anyways, you are right, at times chambers and smith looked a little disjointed to say the least. but hopefully get a bit of Webster in there

One would presume Webster comes in for Smith eventually if we go 4-4-2. Can't see Mick dropping Chambers, and Webster has to play when fully fit.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 13:18 - Aug 6 with 3893 viewscrunchie1978

We will miss berra...we could of quiet easily been behind at half time due to indecisive defending by Smith and chambers...berra was no nonsence.
Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 13:42 - Aug 6 with 3838 viewstextbackup

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 13:18 - Aug 6 by crunchie1978

We will miss berra...we could of quiet easily been behind at half time due to indecisive defending by Smith and chambers...berra was no nonsence.

berra was at fault for many goals last season, beast in the air, but that aside...

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 13:49 - Aug 6 with 3817 viewsGeoffSentence

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 10:38 - Aug 6 by Nazemariner

Poppycock!

At one point yesterday he surged forward from his defensive position, running with the ball at his feet to the edge of the brummy box. Lovely stuff.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 14:31 - Aug 6 with 3740 viewscrunchie1978

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 13:49 - Aug 6 by GeoffSentence

At one point yesterday he surged forward from his defensive position, running with the ball at his feet to the edge of the brummy box. Lovely stuff.

What skuse????
Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 15:29 - Aug 6 with 3651 viewsGeoffSentence

Smith bringing it down, and playing it from the back on 14:31 - Aug 6 by crunchie1978

What skuse????

Smith.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024