Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kevin Bru 03:48 - Sep 14 with 13918 viewsCurrie10

Sooo good he's still on our books after the close of the transfer window.

Actually wonder what he's being paid p.w.

I'd imagine 7-10k. Somewhere in there.
Kevin Bru on 06:52 - Sep 14 with 8572 viewssuffolkpoker

Never that much, I suspect £2k to £4K he was on trial.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Kevin Bru on 07:03 - Sep 14 with 8556 viewsCurrie10

Kevin Bru on 06:52 - Sep 14 by suffolkpoker

Never that much, I suspect £2k to £4K he was on trial.

I think people would be amazed to what we pay players, despite us not paying anything like the most in this league.

Ian Milne when I met him revealed, this is back in 2015 when we lost 2-1 at Bristol City, that first team players are on average earning 8-12k basic.

I'd be amazed if Bru isn't on that.

Some conference sides pay 2k. Bristol Rovers pay more than 4k.

He also signed a new deal, no doubt with a payrise early 2015 after his first deal.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 7:07]
Kevin Bru on 07:11 - Sep 14 with 8499 viewsBenters

Kevin Bru on 07:03 - Sep 14 by Currie10

I think people would be amazed to what we pay players, despite us not paying anything like the most in this league.

Ian Milne when I met him revealed, this is back in 2015 when we lost 2-1 at Bristol City, that first team players are on average earning 8-12k basic.

He also signed a new deal, no doubt with a payrise early 2015 after his first deal.

Ian Milne? i wouldnt believe a lot he spouts tbh.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Kevin Bru on 07:11 - Sep 14 with 8518 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Based on what I've heard elsewhere, I think you'd be the one who is amazed

Not a chance he's paid that much

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Kevin Bru on 07:21 - Sep 14 with 8473 viewsTractorWood

Kevin Bru on 07:11 - Sep 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Based on what I've heard elsewhere, I think you'd be the one who is amazed

Not a chance he's paid that much

His football CV is better than most at the club. We use to pay Cameron Stewart £15k a week to turn up to training. I would therefore imagine Bru was on a minimum of £6k especially as we signed him on a longer term deal. Also if he was poorly paid he would have desperately sought mutual consent in the summer and dropped a league or two.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Kevin Bru on 07:26 - Sep 14 with 8445 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Kevin Bru on 07:21 - Sep 14 by TractorWood

His football CV is better than most at the club. We use to pay Cameron Stewart £15k a week to turn up to training. I would therefore imagine Bru was on a minimum of £6k especially as we signed him on a longer term deal. Also if he was poorly paid he would have desperately sought mutual consent in the summer and dropped a league or two.

I don't think Stewart was on quite that much but yes, he was one of our higher earners and a very expensive mistake

Generally speaking our contracts aren't that high though - something I learned from a very knowledgable poster on here and since backed up by someone else I know who would have an idea on that sort of thing. We are also quite big on bonuses I believe

Bru's pedigree is that he was out of work accepting trials to try and find a club to play for, hardly a strong bargaining position

on 08:23 - Sep 14 with 8307 views_

Kevin Bru on 07:21 - Sep 14 by TractorWood

Kevin Bru on 09:32 - Sep 14 with 8158 viewsCurrie10

Kevin Bru on 07:26 - Sep 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don't think Stewart was on quite that much but yes, he was one of our higher earners and a very expensive mistake

Generally speaking our contracts aren't that high though - something I learned from a very knowledgable poster on here and since backed up by someone else I know who would have an idea on that sort of thing. We are also quite big on bonuses I believe

Bru's pedigree is that he was out of work accepting trials to try and find a club to play for, hardly a strong bargaining position

Well lets put it this way -

Our wage bill for 16/17 was revealed at 16.6 mill as a total.

Now if our first team squad, of say 22 players were on an average of £7000 a week for arguments sake, that would equate to = 8 million.

Add in staff wages, Mick etc and I'll be generous and put that at 2 million.

So if them figures were correct, the non first team / youth / other staff costs would equate to £6.6 mill.

Now I don't see that at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Kevin Bru on 09:39 - Sep 14 with 8131 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Kevin Bru on 09:32 - Sep 14 by Currie10

Well lets put it this way -

Our wage bill for 16/17 was revealed at 16.6 mill as a total.

Now if our first team squad, of say 22 players were on an average of £7000 a week for arguments sake, that would equate to = 8 million.

Add in staff wages, Mick etc and I'll be generous and put that at 2 million.

So if them figures were correct, the non first team / youth / other staff costs would equate to £6.6 mill.

Now I don't see that at all.

Signing on fees, bonuses, loanees, staff, contract settlements, wages of Milne etc...

Kevin Bru on 10:12 - Sep 14 with 8056 viewsPhilTWTD

on 08:23 - Sep 14 by _

The wage inflation in the division is getting us towards that level, certainly there are players whose wages are above the £10,000 a week mark now. But Stewart's wage was unlikely to be approaching that level.
Kevin Bru on 10:18 - Sep 14 with 8018 viewschicoazul

Ahahahahaha you think Kevin Bru is on 10k a week ahahahahahaaaaaaaa

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kevin Bru on 10:21 - Sep 14 with 8011 viewschicoazul

Clueless or lying?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich-town-captain-luke-chambers-fined-by-court-for

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Kevin Bru on 11:02 - Sep 14 with 7921 viewsWickets

Kevin Bru on 07:11 - Sep 14 by Benters

Ian Milne? i wouldnt believe a lot he spouts tbh.

Agreed.
Kevin Bru on 11:12 - Sep 14 with 7893 viewsMuncher

Kevin Bru on 10:21 - Sep 14 by chicoazul

Clueless or lying?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich-town-captain-luke-chambers-fined-by-court-for

He is also on exactly the same money for his latest contract.
on 11:14 - Sep 14 with 7884 views_

Clueless or lying?

Kevin Bru on 11:27 - Sep 14 with 7851 viewschicoazul

on 11:14 - Sep 14 by _

That is a couple years ago to be fair so he may have had another tickle since then, espec in his new contract (Chambers that is). But the idea that Bru is on 10k is laughable.

Kevin Bru on 11:52 - Sep 14 with 7812 viewsCurrie10

Clueless or lying?

No, I'm going by what Ian Milne told over 100 of us in an open Q + A session.

He told us players were on average, basic wage between £8000 - £12,000 pw. Obviously bonuses etc ( he revealed each player has a top 6 bonus, so each week we're in the top 6 that triggers an amount of ££ ) He also said Chambers, as captain would be one of the top earners at the club.

I forgot everything published in the newspaper is 100% accurate..............

Anyway, the main point in this article is the fact we're still paying Kevin Bru quite a good wage when he isn't going to play this season. If it was as low as some think, I think he'd have had little to no trouble finding a new club.

As it is, if he was on £7000 for arguments sake, and say Le Mans in France came in and offered him £4000 p.w on a one year deal, we'd owe Mr Bru the remaining £3000.

Good luck wherever you do finally end up, however I have a feeling he'll be on the books the majority of the season.
Kevin Bru on 11:56 - Sep 14 with 7803 viewsCurrie10

Kevin Bru on 07:26 - Sep 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

While that is true, not long after joining he signed a new longer contract, likely with a payrise.

I would be interested into appearance fees / goal bonuses etc.

While not an Ian Milne fan ( even less so after he told the room he's a Chelsea fan ) I don't see the point in him blatantly lying about things. Especially if he's going to make up a figure?! I mean this is the social media age where someone could have filmed him and posted it online. Would be very naive to state something if completely untrue.
Kevin Bru on 11:57 - Sep 14 with 7797 viewsTractorWood

on 08:23 - Sep 14 by _

Agree no one is on that basic now but Stewart was on a huge pay packet and long deal. I think we signed him under the illusion that he was a sure thing given his academy CV. Must of wasted millions on him.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Kevin Bru on 12:25 - Sep 14 with 7756 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Kevin Bru on 11:52 - Sep 14 by Currie10

He told us players were on average, basic wage between £8000 - £12,000 pw. Obviously bonuses etc ( he revealed each player has a top 6 bonus, so each week we're in the top 6 that triggers an amount of ££ ) He also said Chambers, as captain would be one of the top earners at the club.

Anyway, the main point in this article is the fact we're still paying Kevin Bru quite a good wage when he isn't going to play this season. If it was as low as some think, I think he'd have had little to no trouble finding a new club.

As it is, if he was on £7000 for arguments sake, and say Le Mans in France came in and offered him £4000 p.w on a one year deal, we'd owe Mr Bru the remaining £3000.

Good luck wherever you do finally end up, however I have a feeling he'll be on the books the majority of the season.

It's interesting that you're choosing to believe what Ian Milne has told supporters here, rather than information provided in a court of law...

Kevin Bru on 12:26 - Sep 14 with 7740 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Kevin Bru on 11:56 - Sep 14 by Currie10

While that is true, not long after joining he signed a new longer contract, likely with a payrise.

I would be interested into appearance fees / goal bonuses etc.

While not an Ian Milne fan ( even less so after he told the room he's a Chelsea fan ) I don't see the point in him blatantly lying about things. Especially if he's going to make up a figure?! I mean this is the social media age where someone could have filmed him and posted it online. Would be very naive to state something if completely untrue.

He would have got a slight increase I'm sure, but the main selling point for him would have been the increased length and security it provided, so not likely to be significant

He'd hardly set the league alight and turned himself into a hot commodity

Kevin Bru on 13:20 - Sep 14 with 7648 viewsitfcjoe

Kevin Bru on 11:57 - Sep 14 by TractorWood

Agree no one is on that basic now but Stewart was on a huge pay packet and long deal. I think we signed him under the illusion that he was a sure thing given his academy CV. Must of wasted millions on him.

I wouldn't have thought Stewart was on that much - the difference in contract he was sueing Leeds for equated to them paying him £5k a week more than what we were.

A couple of years ago our higher earners were on £10k a week - guess Murphy and McGoldrick may have been above that and with inflation and having a smaller squad there may be a few above that now - but we won't be paying anyone close to £20k a week

But there will be appearance bonus of £2k a game etc so all adds up but it's almost close to performance related with how they are paid

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kevin Bru on 14:05 - Sep 14 with 7585 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Reading this made me wonder what Cameron Stewart is up to.... according to wikipedia he's still without a club! WTF? I can't believe someone with his potential isn't rebuilding their career in the lower leagues
Kevin Bru on 14:33 - Sep 14 with 7555 viewschicoazul

Kevin Bru on 11:52 - Sep 14 by Currie10

It was declared to the court to be his wage you calamitous dick.

Kevin Bru on 15:53 - Sep 14 with 7461 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Will he end up at Colchester Utd or Team Bury?

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024