Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 85 players signed by MM 19:11 - Jan 28 with 2805 viewsHARRY10

There's a quiz here

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/quiz-can-you-name-all-76-of-mick-mccarthy-s-signings

many have just come and gone so fast as to be easily forgotten

For all the talk of lower league 'gems' there's dozens of others who were absolute dross
Over 85 players signed by MM on 19:44 - Jan 28 with 2733 viewsCurrie10

Given the budget he's been given / options and avenues he's had to go down, to get players through the door........ and do you really think he thought Banj / Traore / players like this Mick REALLY was utterly desperate to sign !?

Christ alive - he may be a pain in many respect, but his dealings in the transfer market on the whole / some of the loans we've had have been superb.
Over 85 players signed by MM on 20:34 - Jan 28 with 2649 viewsHARRY10

Over 85 players signed by MM on 19:44 - Jan 28 by Currie10

Given the budget he's been given / options and avenues he's had to go down, to get players through the door........ and do you really think he thought Banj / Traore / players like this Mick REALLY was utterly desperate to sign !?

Christ alive - he may be a pain in many respect, but his dealings in the transfer market on the whole / some of the loans we've had have been superb.

Superb ?

How much did we receive in transfer fees at the same time ?

How come he missed Marriot ?

Other clubs have benefited from PL players, whilst MM has failed to reall bring any decent youngsters through first team

And 85 plus players in 5 and a half years is going some whatever your thoughts
Over 85 players signed by MM on 20:40 - Jan 28 with 2633 viewstextbackup

15ish of those are what I'd say we're very good to decent. The rest utter sht.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Over 85 players signed by MM on 21:07 - Jan 28 with 2596 viewsCurrie10

Over 85 players signed by MM on 20:34 - Jan 28 by HARRY10

Superb ?

Other clubs have benefited from PL players, whilst MM has failed to reall bring any decent youngsters through first team

1/10.
Over 85 players signed by MM on 21:23 - Jan 28 with 2578 viewsHARRY10

Over 85 players signed by MM on 21:07 - Jan 28 by Currie10

1/10.

slightly above MM's signings then ?
Over 85 players signed by MM on 21:39 - Jan 28 with 2547 viewsSuperblue95

Got 60 out of 78. Should have been 62 but I couldn't get it to accept St Ledger or McClean. Couldn't remember Feeneys name which threw me off. Proud of myself for pulling Kelly Youga out of the back of mind somewhere.

It's outrageous how many of them signings were absolutely dreadful

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Over 85 players signed by MM on 05:32 - Jan 29 with 2417 viewspowinswitch

Over 85 players signed by MM on 20:34 - Jan 28 by HARRY10

Superb ?

I am very much looking forward to Mick leaving. But I think when he does he leaves us a much better squad than he found on arrival. Nobody’s transfer dealings will be perfect, but given we have a better squad and he has made a tidy profit in transfer dealings, this is not an area I am willing to give him anything but praise. His football style yes, but transfers no.
Over 85 players signed by MM on 09:28 - Jan 29 with 2305 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Over 85 players signed by MM on 05:32 - Jan 29 by powinswitch

I am very much looking forward to Mick leaving. But I think when he does he leaves us a much better squad than he found on arrival. Nobody’s transfer dealings will be perfect, but given we have a better squad and he has made a tidy profit in transfer dealings, this is not an area I am willing to give him anything but praise. His football style yes, but transfers no.

Yep this. Always going to be plenty of misses when relying on freebies and other teams cast offs but there have been plenty of success stories too

It’s time for a change and plenty to criticise Mick for from his spell here, but criticising his overall transfer dealings seems to me another stick that certain posters have invented to beat him with, which just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Over 85 players signed by MM on 09:31 - Jan 29 with 2303 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Also thanks to the OP for the link - 66 but somehow missed Jonny Williams and Varney (the rest were fairly obscure!)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Over 85 players signed by MM on 09:40 - Jan 29 with 2285 viewsSuperfrans

When our budget is so small, bringing in players on low salaries, on a speculative basis, to see how they fit in, is perfectly fine. Obviously, a high strike rate would be better, but its unrealistic when we're signing so many.

Sadly, this isn't the Seventies, when Robson signed barely a handful of players over a decade or so.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Over 85 players signed by MM on 10:10 - Jan 29 with 2241 viewsCurrie10

Over 85 players signed by MM on 09:40 - Jan 29 by Superfrans

When our budget is so small, bringing in players on low salaries, on a speculative basis, to see how they fit in, is perfectly fine. Obviously, a high strike rate would be better, but its unrealistic when we're signing so many.

Sadly, this isn't the Seventies, when Robson signed barely a handful of players over a decade or so.

Amen.

Of course others seem to think the MAJORITY of free signings must be a roaring success or the manager is clueless in the market.

I very much look forward to seeing how the next one does given their budget will be similar.
Over 85 players signed by MM on 15:30 - Jan 29 with 2121 viewshoppy

The only over 85 player I can think of that we've signed is Finidi George, but it wasn't MM that signed him.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024