Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to get behind the team 19:14 - Feb 25 with 3483 viewsitfcsuperblue1978

Now the dust has settled on last Sunday and reading people’s comments in the last week on here, I thought I would throw my hat in the ring. Reflecting on last Sunday’s performance against Norwich, I thought we deserved to win. But I look back on the match in shame! It was embarrassing that a section of our fans was chanting negatively towards our Manager at a Derby match! You should be ashamed of yourselves! At a time, YOUR team needed YOU to get behind them, they had to battle on and block you out! I don’t blame Mick for letting his emotions out, you lot in the Away End would have never heard him or seen him! It was only a big talking point because the cameras picked it up! He was just personally letting his emotions out and sticking a middle finger up at his doubters at that moment. We have all done it before, we have shouted F’ off at other drivers on the road, but would never go up to them and say it face to face!

I think my point is that Mick is a very good and experienced manager! Yes he shoots from the hip and speaks his mind, he isn’t a PR machine for the Club…but he stands up for himself. We weren’t playing the most attractive football when we got in the play-offs, but everyone was still chanting his name.

We have an outside chance of getting in the play-offs. How about just supporting YOUR team? Get your asses down to PR and get behind YOUR team! I’m pretty sure if we didn’t have injuries to the likes of Emyr Huws, Adeyemi and Dozzell we would in the top 6!
Time to get behind the team on 19:23 - Feb 25 with 2849 viewsHerbivore

Apparently the injured players would make absolutely no difference and the fans have no impact on anything whatsoever. Or something like that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time to get behind the team on 20:48 - Feb 25 with 2772 viewsGarv

If people had spoken up against the style of play as much as they wanted to in the play off season they would have been seen to be overly negative, so I don't agree with the part about people chanting his name.

Some people have continued to support and even I, though not for a long while now, have chanted super Mick etc whilst being strongly against his approach. Those people have just got gradually more and more fed up.

I particularly like your analogy and opinion on swear gate and agree fully, but sorry to say I massively disagree with your last line.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Time to get behind the team on 20:55 - Feb 25 with 2754 viewsSuperfrans

Time to get behind the team on 20:48 - Feb 25 by Garv

If people had spoken up against the style of play as much as they wanted to in the play off season they would have been seen to be overly negative, so I don't agree with the part about people chanting his name.

Some people have continued to support and even I, though not for a long while now, have chanted super Mick etc whilst being strongly against his approach. Those people have just got gradually more and more fed up.

I particularly like your analogy and opinion on swear gate and agree fully, but sorry to say I massively disagree with your last line.

People should have spoken up against style of play when we were top 6? Really?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Time to get behind the team on 21:04 - Feb 25 with 2740 viewsGarv

Time to get behind the team on 20:55 - Feb 25 by Superfrans

People should have spoken up against style of play when we were top 6? Really?

This is precisely my point. People (obviously not everyone) didn't like the style of play then, fact. I'm not saying they should have spoken out, but I don't agree with using it as an excuse i.e 'people were happy when we were winning'.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Time to get behind the team on 21:21 - Feb 25 with 2704 viewsHennikerBlu

I am reminded of the stone throwers in Monty Pythons Life of Brian with how people behave in crowds and how they behave when individually challenged.
Time to get behind the team on 21:28 - Feb 25 with 2696 viewsTrequartista

"I’m pretty sure if we didn’t have injuries to the likes of Emyr Huws, Adeyemi and Dozzell we would in the top 6!" Really??? It's amazing how great these players have become by not playing. With the consistent form shown by Skuse and Connolly it's only really Huws that we've missed. And of course all other teams haven't had any injuries at all.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Time to get behind the team on 06:39 - Feb 26 with 2592 viewsGiveusaWave

Agree with most of what you said...but not final sentence.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Time to get behind the team on 07:23 - Feb 26 with 2570 viewsBenters2

Good for you.

Im not ashamed to admit i shouted it,for a long time MMs brand of football is sh1t.why do think we are getting gates of 13kish?Its becuase its piss poor and boring to watch.

Now ive seen J2 mention that MM didnt tell the fans to f'off,he did and ive watched it time and time again,do i care? Not really in fact i thought it was bloody funny tbh.

I certainly wouldnt pay £25 again this season to watch that brand of football,however i may be going to Brentford,as i am a d1ckhead/idiot and love the London games.

Shoot me.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:31 - Feb 26 with 2560 viewsBluefish

Time to get behind the team on 07:23 - Feb 26 by Benters2

Good for you.

Im not ashamed to admit i shouted it,for a long time MMs brand of football is sh1t.why do think we are getting gates of 13kish?Its becuase its piss poor and boring to watch.

Now ive seen J2 mention that MM didnt tell the fans to f'off,he did and ive watched it time and time again,do i care? Not really in fact i thought it was bloody funny tbh.

I certainly wouldnt pay £25 again this season to watch that brand of football,however i may be going to Brentford,as i am a d1ckhead/idiot and love the London games.

Shoot me.

Why are the gates so low at other similar championship clubs? Is it just us where it Is down to football? Why were they a similar size under Lyall? His football was beautiful.

Our fans would rather sing joint songs with norwich than get behind our own team
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 7:46]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Time to get behind the team on 07:35 - Feb 26 with 2555 viewsBenters2

Time to get behind the team on 19:23 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

Apparently the injured players would make absolutely no difference and the fans have no impact on anything whatsoever. Or something like that.

Ipswich Town are the only team in history to have injuries.
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:57 - Feb 26 with 2502 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:31 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

Why are the gates so low at other similar championship clubs? Is it just us where it Is down to football? Why were they a similar size under Lyall? His football was beautiful.

Our fans would rather sing joint songs with norwich than get behind our own team

Similar Championship clubs?

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2017-2018/1/

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:16 - Feb 26 with 2477 viewsBenters2

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:57 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

Similar Championship clubs?

Well,apart from those clubs...
Time to get behind the team on 08:17 - Feb 26 with 2476 viewsHerbivore

Good for you.

Shoot me.

The first step towards no longer being a dickhead is admitting you're a dickhead. This is progress Benters.

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:22 - Feb 26 with 2468 viewsBenters2

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:31 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

Thats complete bolox im affraid.
Time to get behind the team on 08:24 - Feb 26 with 2463 viewsReuser_is_God

Time to get behind the team on 08:17 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

The first step towards no longer being a dickhead is admitting you're a dickhead. This is progress Benters.

Will you be following Benters’ example then?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Time to get behind the team on 08:26 - Feb 26 with 2456 viewssolemio

Good for you.

Shoot me.

BANG
Time to get behind the team on 08:27 - Feb 26 with 2454 viewsBenters2

Time to get behind the team on 08:17 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Thanks lovely xx
Time to get behind the team on 08:28 - Feb 26 with 2451 viewsHerbivore

Time to get behind the team on 08:24 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

Don't need to mate. You?

Time to get behind the team on 08:32 - Feb 26 with 2445 viewsNo9

It takes two to tango
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:33 - Feb 26 with 2437 viewsBluefish

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:22 - Feb 26 by Benters2

Thats complete bolox im affraid.

Which bit? Feel free to put together a constructive reply that exposes where I am wrong

Time to get behind the team on 08:48 - Feb 26 with 2420 viewsBenters2

Time to get behind the team on 08:24 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

Dont upset him.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:55 - Feb 26 with 2407 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:33 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

Which bit? Feel free to put together a constructive reply that exposes where I am wrong

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:57 - Feb 26 with 2398 viewsBluefish

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:55 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

Surely this backs up my argument? Some teams with recent prem experience and some big cities there.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:03 - Feb 26 with 2392 viewsBenters2

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:33 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

These are the teams i class Ipswich the same as regarding attendance.

Im not worried about size of the city /town etc,no excuses now,we should be near enough the same,if we played exciting football and had a decent manager and owner.

Mick Mills mentioned this the other Saturday.

Leeds,Wolves,Sheffield x2,Norwich,Forest,Brizzle,Brum,Fulham,Cardiff.. even Reading are averaging a 1000 more than town.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:20 - Feb 26 with 2361 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:03 - Feb 26 by Benters2

These are the teams i class Ipswich the same as regarding attendance.

Im not worried about size of the city /town etc,no excuses now,we should be near enough the same,if we played exciting football and had a decent manager and owner.

Mick Mills mentioned this the other Saturday.

Leeds,Wolves,Sheffield x2,Norwich,Forest,Brizzle,Brum,Fulham,Cardiff.. even Reading are averaging a 1000 more than town.

Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest? Lolz. The others are fair enough. Cardiff are getting more than us because they're 2nd, their average attendance last season after only being out of the Prem for a year was embarrassing. The Reading comparison is pretty embarrassing for us as they're tinpot, although they did make the play offs last year so that will have given them a bump as it did with us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024