Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad 13:58 - Mar 26 with 10206 viewsSteve_M

and the resurgence of xenophobia amidst them.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/26/xenophobic-england-fans-team-am

As pointed out by one of the regular England fans on here last week, it is always bad when there is an away game that's easy to get to but it is quite tedious seeing the idiots in action as this weekend.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:10 - Mar 26 with 5627 viewsnoggin

Rule Britannia.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:26 - Mar 26 with 5603 viewshammo56

Our flight from Stansted to Amsterdam on Thursday afternoon was nearly delayed because of a few idiots on board. The pilot threatened to have them removed if they continued to be abusive to the flight attendants.
There were numerous people who went across with no tickets or intention of attending the game but were only interested in causing trouble. Yet again these pond life not only tarnish the reputation of decent England supporters but our country as well.
Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:28 - Mar 26 with 5587 viewsnoggin

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:26 - Mar 26 by hammo56

Our flight from Stansted to Amsterdam on Thursday afternoon was nearly delayed because of a few idiots on board. The pilot threatened to have them removed if they continued to be abusive to the flight attendants.
There were numerous people who went across with no tickets or intention of attending the game but were only interested in causing trouble. Yet again these pond life not only tarnish the reputation of decent England supporters but our country as well.

Balls.

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:37 - Mar 26 with 5570 viewsbluewein

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:43 - Mar 26 with 5530 viewsSpruceMoose

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:28 - Mar 26 by noggin

Balls.

It's just bantz for Lord's sake. And to be honest, you lefty liberals labeling those honest to goodness lads as thickies is why so many people voted for Brexit. Or something.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:54 - Mar 26 with 5503 viewsSpruceMoose

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:37 - Mar 26 by bluewein

Alan Brazil does not look long for this world in that photo

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:04 - Mar 26 with 5483 viewsbrazil1982

Another poorly written article:

"They are lured by promises of a return to the glories of empire, which they interpret to include the right to kick out immigrants, particularly those of a different colour."

I've followed England abroad on many occasions and it is exceedingly rare - in fact, I have never heard a racist chant or song. The author has turned this into a race argument which it really is not.
Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:07 - Mar 26 with 5473 viewsnoggin

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:04 - Mar 26 by brazil1982

"They are lured by promises of a return to the glories of empire, which they interpret to include the right to kick out immigrants, particularly those of a different colour."

I've followed England abroad on many occasions and it is exceedingly rare - in fact, I have never heard a racist chant or song. The author has turned this into a race argument which it really is not.

Not technically racist but surely you have heard anti German, anti Irish and anti Islam chants?

Just bantz?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 15:10]

Login to get fewer ads

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:17 - Mar 26 with 5448 viewsbrazil1982

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:07 - Mar 26 by noggin

Not technically racist but surely you have heard anti German, anti Irish and anti Islam chants?

Just bantz?

The article is trying its very best to turn this towards a "race" thing.

Yes, I have heard the German and Irish chants before - outdated, unnecessary and dare I say it - boring now.

I haven't heard the anti-Islam chants so cannot comment on those.
Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:21 - Mar 26 with 5430 viewsfactual_blue

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:17 - Mar 26 by brazil1982

The article is trying its very best to turn this towards a "race" thing.

Yes, I have heard the German and Irish chants before - outdated, unnecessary and dare I say it - boring now.

I haven't heard the anti-Islam chants so cannot comment on those.

Leaving aside whether 'race' exists, how would you define the German and Irish chants?

Merely xenophobic? Or just top bantz?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:24 - Mar 26 with 5411 viewsfactual_blue

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 14:43 - Mar 26 by SpruceMoose

It's just bantz for Lord's sake. And to be honest, you lefty liberals labeling those honest to goodness lads as thickies is why so many people voted for Brexit. Or something.

Get Behind Your Country.

(Lapland in your case)

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:26 - Mar 26 with 5416 viewsbrazil1982

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:21 - Mar 26 by factual_blue

Leaving aside whether 'race' exists, how would you define the German and Irish chants?

Merely xenophobic? Or just top bantz?

Xenophobic in the main, and I would argue many fans do see it as "Banter" rightly or wrongly. Certainly the anti-Irish chants had some context in the 80s and 90s but that's a tired outlook now.
Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:26 - Mar 26 with 5413 viewsSpruceMoose

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:24 - Mar 26 by factual_blue

Get Behind Your Country.

(Lapland in your case)

The Laplandischer cause for independence from tyrannical Finland is no laughing matter.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 15:27]

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:30 - Mar 26 with 5397 viewsblueislander

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:24 - Mar 26 by factual_blue

Get Behind Your Country.

(Lapland in your case)

Pedantic point of order: Lapland is not a country.
Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:32 - Mar 26 with 5387 viewsBenters2

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:04 - Mar 26 by brazil1982

Dont spoilt it for the loonie lefties!
Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:33 - Mar 26 with 5380 viewsunbelievablue

The author hasn't said that they sing racist songs has he?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:33 - Mar 26 with 5376 viewsSpruceMoose

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:30 - Mar 26 by blueislander

Pedantic point of order: Lapland is not a country.

Yet.

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:34 - Mar 26 with 5374 viewsunbelievablue

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:32 - Mar 26 by Benters2

Dont spoilt it for the loonie lefties!

When I went to watch England Germany in Dortmund, there were blokes doing Nazi Salutes in the pub.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:37 - Mar 26 with 5362 viewsfactual_blue

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:26 - Mar 26 by brazil1982

Xenophobic in the main, and I would argue many fans do see it as "Banter" rightly or wrongly. Certainly the anti-Irish chants had some context in the 80s and 90s but that's a tired outlook now.

We didn't hear 'Ten German Bombers' in 1966, so this demonstrates the growing levels of ignorance and lack of historical perspective that seem so common today.

Whether there is really a difference between racism and xenophobia is an interesting debate.

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:37 - Mar 26 with 5362 viewsSpruceMoose

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:34 - Mar 26 by unbelievablue

When I went to watch England Germany in Dortmund, there were blokes doing Nazi Salutes in the pub.

You would have thought the Germans wouldn't do that anymore.

I'm assuming you were drinking with the Germans because, hah, why on earth would you want to drink with the English!?

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:40 - Mar 26 with 5339 viewsRadlett_blue

Certainly one of Richard Williams's poorer articles. Could have been written any time in the last 30 years or so, with "Brexit" tacked onto it as unnecessary strapline.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:41 - Mar 26 with 5331 viewsblueislander

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:33 - Mar 26 by SpruceMoose

Yet.

When it does become a country, will you be able to buy aLapland passport? 15.99 plus VAT sounds about right.
Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:42 - Mar 26 with 5330 viewsDarth_Koont

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:07 - Mar 26 by noggin

Just bantz?

"I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk" - although that was technically a home game.

Pronouns: He/Him

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 15:48 - Mar 26 with 5311 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree with that. He's trying to spin it into something it's not. They just seem like a bunch of thick, narrow-minded twots to me. Xenophobic? Probably. But that's about as far as it goes in the main.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good piece from Richard Williams here on England fans abroad on 16:12 - Mar 26 with 5270 viewsshoopdelang

And that’s all that are, idiots. It’s not even football hooliganism ( which rightly or wrongly doesn’t bother me if there are 2 sets of groups who want to have a scrap )
it’s just being d1ckheads. Like chucking beer at families of tourists in Amsterdam.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024