Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. 13:14 - Apr 30 with 5641 viewscatch74

If you have a few minutes could you vote for my pub. Just one vote possible this time, plus another next week if we get through. If you could vote best destination pub.Understand you might not have been here but it’s a lovely pub run by a fellow town fan!
Much appreciated if you are able.
https://surrey.muddystilettos.co.uk/vote/gift-shop/

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 12:08 - May 14 with 4706 viewscatch74

If anyone voted, many thanks - we’re through to the last five destination pubs in Surrey!
Please vote again if you have the time and patience.
https://surrey.muddystilettos.co.uk/awards/categories/

Honestly folks beers on me if you come here, the boost from last year was amazing. Hoping for an Aldershot FA Cup tie next season.

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 12:17 - May 14 with 4690 viewsDanFord

I'm probably going to come across as a right arse here, but why should we vote? I'm really against these online popularity votes. If you ruin a good pub and your customers want to sing your praises and nominate you that's brilliant, but what satisfaction would you get from winning off the back of a load of TWTD votes from people who have never been to your pub. I'd rather the best pub won fairly. Even better if that's you. It's like these baby competitions that mums beg for votes for on Facebook, so some child that looks no different to another gets 1,000 times the votes because their mum shared the competition that many times more. Good luck, I hope you win, but I'm dead against depriving deserving winners from stuff like this by voting on something I have never experienced.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:15 - May 14 with 4637 viewscatch74

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 12:17 - May 14 by DanFord

I'm probably going to come across as a right arse here, but why should we vote? I'm really against these online popularity votes. If you ruin a good pub and your customers want to sing your praises and nominate you that's brilliant, but what satisfaction would you get from winning off the back of a load of TWTD votes from people who have never been to your pub. I'd rather the best pub won fairly. Even better if that's you. It's like these baby competitions that mums beg for votes for on Facebook, so some child that looks no different to another gets 1,000 times the votes because their mum shared the competition that many times more. Good luck, I hope you win, but I'm dead against depriving deserving winners from stuff like this by voting on something I have never experienced.

You don’t have to, (and as you’re asking for the whole forum neither does anyone else.)just a polite request to help a fellow board member.
We’re a small family owned pub up against some of the big boys in the area - Red Mist own the Duke of Cambridge and have another 7 pubs plus 2 more they’ve just purchased, they’ll have all their staff, friends family etc etc helping them. You’re right it is just a popularity contest, it’s probably not going to be won by the best pub in Surrey and it’s certainly not a level playing field. Any help greatfully received but completely understand if you or anyone else disagrees with this, just ignore and move to the next thread.

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:36 - May 14 with 4619 viewsDanFord

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:15 - May 14 by catch74

You don’t have to, (and as you’re asking for the whole forum neither does anyone else.)just a polite request to help a fellow board member.
We’re a small family owned pub up against some of the big boys in the area - Red Mist own the Duke of Cambridge and have another 7 pubs plus 2 more they’ve just purchased, they’ll have all their staff, friends family etc etc helping them. You’re right it is just a popularity contest, it’s probably not going to be won by the best pub in Surrey and it’s certainly not a level playing field. Any help greatfully received but completely understand if you or anyone else disagrees with this, just ignore and move to the next thread.

This goes back to my original point. If you are truly the best pub in the area it sounds as if you won't win anyway because the much bigger chain will as you say get all of their mates to help them, which makes the whole thing utterly pointless. If I recall Facebook did some football awards thing last year where Arsenal won the lot because their fans all voted. Hopefully these awards are pretty meaningless and there's a proper independent one which carries weight and you win it - although I'd imagine anything like that is probably a case of who you know as well!

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:41 - May 14 with 4606 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:36 - May 14 by DanFord

This goes back to my original point. If you are truly the best pub in the area it sounds as if you won't win anyway because the much bigger chain will as you say get all of their mates to help them, which makes the whole thing utterly pointless. If I recall Facebook did some football awards thing last year where Arsenal won the lot because their fans all voted. Hopefully these awards are pretty meaningless and there's a proper independent one which carries weight and you win it - although I'd imagine anything like that is probably a case of who you know as well!

If this was sports based then you'd have a point, you'd want to win on talent. It isn't though. This is business. One of our own has politely asked people to consider clicking a link to help their business.

I'll do it when I work out which pub is yours catch!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:48 - May 14 with 4584 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:41 - May 14 by J2BLUE

If this was sports based then you'd have a point, you'd want to win on talent. It isn't though. This is business. One of our own has politely asked people to consider clicking a link to help their business.

I'll do it when I work out which pub is yours catch!

Done

Truly impaired.

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:59 - May 14 with 4573 viewscatch74

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:48 - May 14 by J2BLUE

Done

Thanks J2 - it’s the Bluebell (well not the Bluebell!), hope you got it right!

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:01 - May 14 with 4568 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:59 - May 14 by catch74

I did

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:01 - May 14 with 4568 viewscatch74

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:36 - May 14 by DanFord

You are right, it’s utterly pointless in regards to knowing the best pub - just want to win, good for business!

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:08 - May 14 with 4558 viewsDanFord

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:01 - May 14 by catch74

You are right, it’s utterly pointless in regards to knowing the best pub - just want to win, good for business!

I'm glad our cunning plan to open this dialogue has result in some extra votes! ;)

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:13 - May 14 with 4555 viewscatch74

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:08 - May 14 by DanFord

I'm glad our cunning plan to open this dialogue has result in some extra votes! ;)

All down to you really, now you have to get down here for your pint (s)!

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:35 - May 14 with 4537 viewsDanFord

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:13 - May 14 by catch74

All down to you really, now you have to get down here for your pint (s)!

Not a chance. I'm currently having a nice pint in the Duke of Cambridge! Lol

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:44 - May 14 with 4527 viewsDarth_Koont

Done. Good luck!

Pronouns: He/Him

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:46 - May 14 with 4525 viewsDanFord

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 14:59 - May 14 by catch74

There's such a good joke that could be made here, but I feel that Phil would ban me and Bluebell would never forgive me!

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:48 - May 14 with 4521 viewscatch74

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:44 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

Done. Good luck!

Thanks Darth

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:48 - May 14 with 4518 viewsSpruceMoose

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:46 - May 14 by DanFord

There's such a good joke that could be made here, but I feel that Phil would ban me and Bluebell would never forgive me!

Set up a new username in advance. Then post the joke. If you get banned, you can just come straight back again. I have an emergency escape pod called 'PuceGoose' ready to go at a moment's notice.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:49 - May 14 with 4516 viewsDanFord

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:48 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

Set up a new username in advance. Then post the joke. If you get banned, you can just come straight back again. I have an emergency escape pod called 'PuceGoose' ready to go at a moment's notice.

My previous user names of OldGit and TractorGirl have already bitten the dust. Not sure I could handle losing another one.

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:51 - May 14 with 4504 viewsSpruceMoose

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:49 - May 14 by DanFord

My previous user names of OldGit and TractorGirl have already bitten the dust. Not sure I could handle losing another one.

What about using 'OldGitTractorGirl'?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 16:53 - May 14 with 4455 viewsDanFord

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:51 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

What about using 'OldGitTractorGirl'?

I'm not paying £16.99 for that.

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 18:36 - May 14 with 4415 viewsRyorry

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 15:01 - May 14 by catch74

You're up against it and I do feel for you, but these "competitions" should not be conducted online imho - they become simply a competition for who's got the most extensive ripples out on social media, and therefore uttlerly pointless, dishonest and misleading. Interesting from the point of view of online advertising - oops, sorry, I meant online reviews. Confine the vote to people who've actually been, slips on the bar to fill in & post via the Royal Mail, that's it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 18:40 - May 14 with 4407 viewsDarth_Koont

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 18:36 - May 14 by Ryorry

You're up against it and I do feel for you, but these "competitions" should not be conducted online imho - they become simply a competition for who's got the most extensive ripples out on social media, and therefore uttlerly pointless, dishonest and misleading. Interesting from the point of view of online advertising - oops, sorry, I meant online reviews. Confine the vote to people who've actually been, slips on the bar to fill in & post via the Royal Mail, that's it.

So just like any election then?

If we could restrict people to voting on what they know about there'd be no-one who could cast an honest vote.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 19:01 - May 14 with 4382 viewswkj

I didnt drop in for the free beer from last year or the year before, if I vote this year can we do roll overs and just have an open tab for the weekend, cheers

TL;DR In English... No problem, done

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 19:21 - May 14 with 4353 viewscatch74

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 19:01 - May 14 by wkj

I didnt drop in for the free beer from last year or the year before, if I vote this year can we do roll overs and just have an open tab for the weekend, cheers

TL;DR In English... No problem, done

Anyone who supports Ipswich and makes it to my pub will be well looked after!

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 19:27 - May 14 with 4338 viewsSpruceMoose

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 19:21 - May 14 by catch74

Anyone who supports Ipswich and makes it to my pub will be well looked after!

Are you willing to fly me in? I'll vote if you do!

Sorry folks, it’s awards time again. on 19:30 - May 14 with 4330 viewsclive_baker

As long as it isn’t that bloody Bluebell pub down in Surrey I’ll happily vote for you, horrible place.

Now how does this work? Which one’s yours?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024