Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England should of used more players ...... 03:16 - Jul 12 with 2279 viewseddiespearitt03

Well done England.

Ok, we rested a few players for the Belgium game but some players in that starting 11 were a bit jaded and tired by half time v Croatia.
We had good players on the bench who could of featured more. It was a good squad we had. Continuity is good but fatigue catches up. I thought Rose, Dier, Rashford, Vardy and Loftus-Cheek should of played more and Cahill used to lock up shop .
Of course it takes a brave manager to change a winning team …...
England should of used more players ...... on 04:51 - Jul 12 with 2249 viewspowinswitch

Cannot agree. I think, as he often does, Gary Neville nailed it. We have very few players with cup winners medals, and they looked absolutely shattered, which was due to expending energy on stress. What he meant was pre-match stress, thinking and worrying about the game. He's been there.
England should of used more players ...... on 05:04 - Jul 12 with 2232 viewsWeWereZombies

Well exactly, if we could have had 14 on against their 11 we would have walked it. Bl00dy rules.

Seriously, I think Southgate had a first eleven out there who had really gelled as a team. Whenever substitutions were made it always seemed to take a while for the team to get back into shape. Some of this may have been to do with the fluid formations employed, Croatia's 4-3-3 worked better as the game wore on.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

England should of used more players ...... on 06:40 - Jul 12 with 2184 viewschristiand

This isn't a pop, more an observation - Southgate should have made changes earlier, just allowed things to drift in the hope that it would sort itself out.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

England should of used more players ...... on 07:04 - Jul 12 with 2140 viewsm14_blue

England should of used more players ...... on 06:40 - Jul 12 by christiand

This isn't a pop, more an observation - Southgate should have made changes earlier, just allowed things to drift in the hope that it would sort itself out.

Yeah, I think that's fair.

Southgate has been superb but I do think our subs have been a little reactive and generally come 10 minutes too late.

I also think that, with both teams tiring and spaces all over the pitch, yesterday was tailor made for RLC's direct running and strength.

Ho hum, still a fantastic effort from all involved.
England should of used more players ...... on 07:23 - Jul 12 with 2104 viewsMeadowlark

England should of used more players ...... on 04:51 - Jul 12 by powinswitch

Cannot agree. I think, as he often does, Gary Neville nailed it. We have very few players with cup winners medals, and they looked absolutely shattered, which was due to expending energy on stress. What he meant was pre-match stress, thinking and worrying about the game. He's been there.

England should *HAVE* used more players ...... 03:16 - Jul 12 with 168 views eddiespearitt03

Well done England.

Ok, we rested a few players for the Belgium game but some players in that starting 11 were a bit jaded and tired by half time v Croatia.
We had good players on the bench who could *HAVE* featured more. It was a good squad we had. Continuity is good but fatigue catches up. I thought Rose, Dier, Rashford, Vardy and Loftus-Cheek should *HAVE* played more and Cahill used to lock up shop .
Of course it takes a brave manager to change a winning team …...
England should of used more players ...... on 08:25 - Jul 12 with 2025 viewsBlueBadger

Should have said 'should have' instead of 'should of'...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

England should of used more players ...... on 08:47 - Jul 12 with 1993 viewsBasuco

Harry Kane and Dele Alli both looked to be struggling for fitness throughout the tournament, not match or injury fitness but athletic fitness, they only seemed able to perform for 45 minutes and should not have started last night. They both need to up their fitness levels next season. The bottom line was England were a very good team but lacked a world class player and also a player who could deliver a defence splitting pass. But hey they made the semi final stage so the squad have had a great World Cup!
England should of used more players ...... on 11:13 - Jul 12 with 1897 viewsfarkenhell

England should of used more players ...... on 06:40 - Jul 12 by christiand

I am minded to agree. Yet conversely (and I know that hindsight is a wonderful thing), I thought our attacking ability suffered greatly after Rashford replaced Sterling.
Login to get fewer ads

England should of used more players ...... on 11:44 - Jul 12 with 1861 viewsDarth_Koont

I think the new players would have struggled too. If the players looked "shot" by the end I think it was more to do with scoring so early and feeling like they had one foot in the final only to feel it slipping away slowly but surely.

Maybe (and it's a big maybe) more experienced players could have handled the emotions of that better but they weren't in the squad either.

And credit to Croatia, they did a phenomenal job of hanging in there and then turning the screw to get on top.

Pronouns: He/Him

England should of used more players ...... on 12:24 - Jul 12 with 1811 viewsGeoffSentence

England should of used more players ...... on 08:47 - Jul 12 by Basuco

Harry Kane and Dele Alli both looked to be struggling for fitness throughout the tournament, not match or injury fitness but athletic fitness, they only seemed able to perform for 45 minutes and should not have started last night. They both need to up their fitness levels next season. The bottom line was England were a very good team but lacked a world class player and also a player who could deliver a defence splitting pass. But hey they made the semi final stage so the squad have had a great World Cup!

I thought Kane looked tired when he was in the tunnel before the game, he had great dark shadows under his eyes like he hadn't slept for a week.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

England should of used more players ...... on 19:09 - Jul 12 with 1713 viewsPecker

The lack of a quality squad cost us the most. The first X1 could hold their own against most, but nobody of quality to come off the bench. Rashford is far from great at the moment, Vardy plays a different way to us and Rose should have started anyway. We lack strength in depth at the moment. IF Sterling and Alli were in form, then maybe it would have been different. Great effort from the players, but not good enough yet.
England should of used more players ...... on 19:15 - Jul 12 with 1704 viewsfarkenhell

England should of used more players ...... on 19:09 - Jul 12 by Pecker

The lack of a quality squad cost us the most. The first X1 could hold their own against most, but nobody of quality to come off the bench. Rashford is far from great at the moment, Vardy plays a different way to us and Rose should have started anyway. We lack strength in depth at the moment. IF Sterling and Alli were in form, then maybe it would have been different. Great effort from the players, but not good enough yet.

Funnily enough, I thought that in the first half, both Sterling and Alli played better than they had throughout the tournament.

The lack of strength in depth was evident in the Belgium match. The positive news is that we have a further crop of decent players coming through the ranks.
England should of used more players ...... on 19:46 - Jul 12 with 1685 viewsbrazil1982

The only player on the bench, and who could scare opponents was Vardy imo. The rest are bang average I'm afraid.
England should of used more players ...... on 19:57 - Jul 12 with 1670 viewsPecker

England should of used more players ...... on 19:46 - Jul 12 by brazil1982

The only player on the bench, and who could scare opponents was Vardy imo. The rest are bang average I'm afraid.

We need to change our approach with Vardy on. You have to change to longer ball which we never did. Felt sorry for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024